What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Chester Rogers - UDFA - WR - Indy (1 Viewer)

I actually wondered why he wasn't playing over Dorsett a week or two ago. I was starting Dorsett a couple of times due to injuries and bye weeks and thought this guy looked better. Luck didn't even seem to acknowledge Dorsett and seemed to trust Rogers more, at least to the naked eye. I was hoping to grab Rogers this week but lost out. With the injuries and opportunity I think Rogers has a good chance to have a nice game this week. I don't think Luck ignores him like he did Dorsett.

I actually wondered why he wasn't playing over Dorsett a week or two ago. I was starting Dorsett a couple of times due to injuries and bye weeks and thought this guy looked better. Luck didn't even seem to acknowledge Dorsett and seemed to trust Rogers more, at least to the naked eye. I was hoping to grab Rogers this week but lost out. With the injuries and opportunity I think Rogers has a good chance to have a nice game this week. I don't think Luck ignores him like he did Dorsett.
I was debating to grab wright or Rogers this week and went Wright, but I believe Rogers will payoff well.  The reason I went with wright is because he is the best WR on the titans and Rogers has Moncrief coming back and Allen as well in the near future 

I have injury and bye week issues this week. I just picked him up and I love starting him. With TY getting the attention.....and I think he might even be dinged up a little himself....He could be in line for 8-10 targets....He could blow up on Sunday.

Houston turmOiler said:
He probably is better than Dorsett who is just fast. But Dorsett was drafted in the 1st round and on teams with weak FO's, the guy that's drafted in the 1st round always gets multiple chances even if a better guy is on the team.

I've got him in all my leagues now. Agree he could see a large target  uptick. Most of these Indy receivers consistently banged up so he could carve out a big role in the future if he keeps the momentum here.

I'm intrigued here, largely because Luck is a pretty good QB, and being tied to good QBs is a good thing.  Nothing really jumps off the page about his athleticism from his pro day, but he's getting a shot now.  The Colts list him at 6'1" 180lbs, but his pro day per NFLDraftScout.com says he's 5'11" and 185.  Who knows?  Either way, he's bigger than Dorsett... and he's going to get an opportunity considering everyone around him keeps getting hurt.  What's he do with it?

If we assume he's 6'1" 180lbs, he's sort of a pseudo Cameron Meredith.  Pro day results are fairly similar for the two...

Bench - 14 reps for Meredith vs. 15 for Rogers
40 - 4.49 for Meredith vs. 4.51 for Rogers
Vertical - 39" for Meredith vs. 36" for Rogers
Broad - 127" for Meredith vs. 120" for Rogers
Short Shuttle - 4.12 for Meredith vs. 4.07 for Rogers
3-Cone - 6.71 for Meredith vs. 6.85 for Rogers

Meredith - http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=129491&draftyear=2015&genpos=WR

Rogers - http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=1004648&draftyear=2016&genpos=WR

Also -- there's this: Chester Rogers finds fantasy consideration 'dope'

I thought so at one point last year, but he is too inconsistent.  Also seems to get nicked up a lot. I rostered him all offseason and had to cut bait when he couldn't get healthy to start the year.   

The Indianapolis Star' Zak Keefer believes Chester Rogers is the "leading candidate" to be the Colts' No. 2 receiver.

With Donte Moncrief off to Jacksonville, Rogers and free-agent pickup Ryan Grant are going to compete for the No. 2 gig. Rogers has the early edge as one of GM Chris Ballard's favorites and seems to be picking up coach Frank Reich's offense quickly, as the self-proclaimed "top of the class" among the receivers in the classroom this offseason. Rogers' 2017 was derailed by a summer hamstring strain. The 24-year-old has taken up Pilates to combat the issue.

Source: Indianapolis Star 

May 9 - 11:37 AM

If TY sits, anyone starting him?  Over who?
I'm starting him as my WR 3 this week (behind Ridley and Jordy), but not over anyone of any real consequence - Mike Willams, Pierre Garcon etc. With TY out (who I also own) and Marvin Jones on bye, Rogers seems like a good bet. As a Colts fan, I'm fairly bullish about him, having seen him play well the last couple of weeks. 

Last edited by a moderator:
kerpow said:
I'm starting him as my WR 3 this week (behind Ridley and Jordy), but not over anyone of any real consequence - Mike Willams, Pierre Garcon etc. With TY out (who I also own) and Marvin Jones on bye, Rogers seems like a good bet. As a Colts fan, I'm fairly bullish about him, having seen him play well the last couple of weeks. 
Currently have Lockett in as WR3.  Debating if I should switch that up 

I think Rogers is a great start this week because both Johnson and Skrine are out for NY. Unfortunately, he was taken in my league. Do you think Ryan Grant is another good option?

Starting both. Benched Shepard last night. Grant has been steady, and Rogers is getting tons of targets. Plus my team kind of stinks.

Thoughts moving forward?

3 straight playable games

8 for 85

8 for 66

4 for 55 and a TD.

He's on a team that's going to throw 40-50 times a game.  Hilton's hurt but hopefully back soon.  Grant dinged up now.  

Traded for and started in one league. Picked up off wire and started in another. What's up with this guy? Why does he have so many targets but not many catches? Is he dropping a lot of balls? I'm gonna keep starting him as long as he's scoring. 

Traded for and started in one league. Picked up off wire and started in another. What's up with this guy? Why does he have so many targets but not many catches? Is he dropping a lot of balls? I'm gonna keep starting him as long as he's scoring. 
He’s dropping a #### ton of passes. Colts need to give Fountain a shot over their current trash WR’s.

Die hard Colts fan.  He will get opportunities while the whole team seems banged up, but he is nothing special and will drop more than his fair share of passes.

PFF thinks he'll retain flex value when Hilton returns but I agree with others in the thread who are concerned about his drops. 

Coach Frank Reich said Chester Rogers has been "really good" in spring practices.

Rogers was the star of the receiver group at Tuesday's session, according to the Indy Star's Zak Keefer, who noted Rogers snagged more than a dozen passes at various points all over the field. Rogers has been running with the ones alongside T.Y. Hilton and Devin Funchess while Deon Cain rehabs a torn ACL and rookie Parris Campbell nursing an injury. Rogers needs to have a big summer. He's also in the mix for punt-return duties.

SOURCE: Indianapolis Star

Jun 5, 2019, 10:16 AM ET

Chester Rogers caught 2-of-4 targets for 31 yards in the Colts’ Week 10 loss to the Dolphins.

Rogers had a slight chance at scoring a 50-plus yard touchdown towards the end of the first half had he received a perfectly thrown deep ball, but Brian Hoyer couldn’t come through. This was also the case with under a minute remaining when Rogers broke free into the end zone from the 16-yard line only to be overthrown again. The good news is Rogers came down with a diving 20-yard catch on a crucial third down late in the fourth quarter and will continue to play a near every-snap role as long as both T.Y. Hilton (calf) and Parris Campbell (hand) remain sidelined, but there’s a low floor involved for everyone in this passing game as long as Jacoby Brissett (knee) remains out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Expected to get a lot of work Sunday.

I think everyone should pickup Marcus Johnson and put him in an IR spot  Then pickup Rogers and see what happens week one.

When healthy, Marcus should start/play slot and sub outside to spell Brown n Julio. Rogers is replacing Johnson.

With all the attention Julio and Brown get, there could be a real option for FF here.

Users who are viewing this thread