What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

My friend is starting a coffee cocktails recipe book (1 Viewer)

Peyton Marino

Footballguy
He's still in the planning stage but he's looking to open a kickstarter in November.

You can sign up here for a chance to win a free journal (and read more about the concept), and it will also notify you when the kickstarter opens up (you can donate or pre-order at that time).

If you like coffee and alcohol it seems like a pretty cool concept.  I visited him in Dallas a couple months back and he had a lot of really cool drink concepts.  He's also involved with another coffee start-up down there right now.  

No idea if this will ever get off the ground but he's definitely dedicated a lot of time to it recently.  Support if you feel compelled to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda like the coffee/alcohol idea, could work.

Coffee in itself is a pretty crowded market though.
absolutely.  not sure about viability - his plan is to get a better feel for the 'market' from the kickstarter interest.  he's been in the space for a few years now.  he's been working with a small unrelated coffee start-up (a hand coffee grinder) that is going pretty well.  

Why wouldn't he just make an App that has "drink of the day" etc that rotates his recipes, and allows users to rate them, and displays the highest rated one of the week, etc... As well as gives the ability for users to submit their own recipes for a chance to be featured, etc.  Could also have Amazon links for ingredients.

He's still in the planning stage but he's looking to open a kickstarter in November.

You can sign up here for a chance to win a free journal (and read more about the concept), and it will also notify you when the kickstarter opens up (you can donate or pre-order at that time).

If you like coffee and alcohol it seems like a pretty cool concept.  I visited him in Dallas a couple months back and he had a lot of really cool drink concepts.  He's also involved with another coffee start-up down there right now.  

No idea if this will ever get off the ground but he's definitely dedicated a lot of time to it recently.  Support if you feel compelled to do so.
I see what you did there.

I like coffee.  I like cocktails.  I don't need a book of coffee cocktails.  I really don't need a book of any narrow slice of specialty cocktails. 
ok

Why wouldn't he just make an App that has "drink of the day" etc that rotates his recipes, and allows users to rate them, and displays the highest rated one of the week, etc... As well as gives the ability for users to submit their own recipes for a chance to be featured, etc.  Could also have Amazon links for ingredients.
i don't know

bc there are people who still like to use a physical journal?  not everything needs to be on a phone. 

I'm not sure I understand what is being done.  The kickstarter is for a cocktail journal.  I can see it having some hipster appeal and an application if you actually tend bar and try to invent your own drinks.  I don't see any mention of a coffee cocktail book on the kickstarter page. 

I'm not sure I understand what is being done.  The kickstarter is for a cocktail journal.  I can see it having some hipster appeal and an application if you actually tend bar and try to invent your own drinks.  I don't see any mention of a coffee cocktail book on the kickstarter page. 
yea, I think I misunderstood this after having a discussion with him last week.  my impression is it would come pre-filled with recipes in addition to blank recipe templates.  but that's not mentioned anywhere in the link.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe the journal that you see is the book that is being kickstarted.  It is similar to a notebook but the pages are water resistant and the different glass types come pre-printed.

I don't understand many of the things other people spend money on so maybe this will be a hit. 

yea, I think I misunderstood this after having a discussion with him last week.  my impression is it would come pre-filled with recipes in addition to blank recipe templates.  but that's not mentioned anywhere in the link.
Yeah, I'm confused also.  There is also a link at bottom to Enter Competition so maybe Volume 2 has the contest recipes?

I'm not a big after-dinner digestif kind of guy but Firelit Coffee liqueur is delicious.  It's a 60 proof blend of coffee and coffee-infused brandy.  Each bottling uses a different type of small batch bean.  It's not sweet like Kahlua but carries a strong coffee taste from nose to finish. 

Users who are viewing this thread