What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Sacko - how does your league "reward" the worst team? (1 Viewer)

Hot Sauce Guy

Footballguy
Just curious - I've been trying to come up with a way to shame the worst team each week, but I'm having trouble coming up with ideas that are both practical and entertaining. I love loser shaming, not because it's mean, but because it's inspirational and encourages the worst teams to work harder.  And because it's mean. It's a balance. 

I recently saw one with the shaming pole - a 6' stake that says "I suck at fantasy football" and gets planted in the lawn of the worst team each week.  While I love this for the public humiliation factor, a couple of guys in my league don't have lawns (fenced in properties) and one lives in an aparment/condo type place and the association frowns upon such things. 

The idea I've been leaning towards is that the highest scoring team each week gets to temporarily rename the lowest scoring team.  Kind of a dual reward/punishment. I think this could work, but want to know if anyone here has weekly shaming "awards" or an annual award like the sacko? 

Would love to hear what folks here do, or if you have any suggestions to offer, let's hear those as well. :)  

In my work leagues, I've set up a relegation system. The bottom 25% get "demoted" to the Minor Leagues.

(The best 25% of the Minor Leaguers get promoted to the Majors)

We base it on All-Play record at the end of the regular season. It's worked really well. Teams are scrambling all through the league to avoid relegation or demotion. It's the FF equivalent of the Kiddie Table. It won't work for you, but it's pretty fun.

In my work leagues, I've set up a relegation system. The bottom 25% get "demoted" to the Minor Leagues.

(The best 25% of the Minor Leaguers get promoted to the Majors)

We base it on All-Play record at the end of the regular season. It's worked really well. Teams are scrambling all through the league to avoid relegation or demotion. It's the FF equivalent of the Kiddie Table. It won't work for you, but it's pretty fun.
I love that idea - very innovative.

I love that idea - very innovative.
What's really great is that it's a Big IT shop. 3 seasons ago I got to "demote" the CIO to the Minors.

Actually, that's how the word got "softened" to Relegated. He's an awesome guy, but there's no need for poking a stick in his eye, ya know?

I've been to a meeting where a (major league) VP told a (minor league) Director to "Be quiet....Major Leaguers are talking"

Last place pays for food at our live draft the following year and has to serve as Label B*tch or Vanna White and put up the labels on the draft board during the draft. 

Last place pays for food at our live draft the following year and has to serve as Label B*tch or Vanna White and put up the labels on the draft board during the draft. 
Oh that's a good one. Brutal touch with having to work the draft board. 

Worst two teams by record play H2H in the Toilet Bowl in week 17 and the loser buys beer for the draft the following season.

Users who are viewing this thread