What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Bramels early Game reports (1 Viewer)

Badm

Footballguy
jene used to put out a report before the noon games. I never see it anymore. I am a subscriber, is it hidden in that content?

TIA

Yeah, Jene used to post in the IDP forum quite a bit. He has slowly stopped and I haven't even seen a post for this season. It was great in the thread you are referring to because he always dropped spot starters or injuries or potential starters/fill in guys. It's too bad as I think he always had the best info. But now it's just a handful of regulars and none of the staff keep this thread alive. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, Jene used to post in the IDP forum quite a bit. He has slowly stopped and I haven't even seen a post for this season. It was great in the thread you are referring to because he always dropped spot starters or injuries or potential starters/fill in guys. It's too bad as I think he always had the best info. But now it's just a handful of regulars and none of the staff keep this thread alive. 
yeah it is sad. Obviously IDP not a priority around here any more. Reading the defense has not been up to the standard of prior years either IMO. EOTG still great though.

Maybe when there is IDP DFS it will become a priority again.

My apologies, everyone. I'm trying to find a balance between my non-FBG responsibilities, which have grown from a 5-10 hour per week part-time schedule to a 35-50 hour per week commitment since September 2015, my family life, and my FBG duties.

It's become very difficult to cover two full football beats -- injury and all things defense -- for 32 teams. Neither of them is getting my full attention right now unfortunately and no one recognizes it more than me. Adequately covering the injury beat requires lots of organization and research -- the additional injury articles this year are simply me publishing my prep work at the request of David and Joe and many readers -- which takes me many hours per week. And that doesn't include offensive line and defensive injuries -- both of which are under-reported and critical.

Adequately covering every team's defensive talent is another significant undertaking. In past seasons, it included at least 30 minutes of film study on every team each week, considering snap count trends, and examining Larry's spreadsheet data he'd so graciously put together to save me time in calculating the metrics I've used for 10-12 years. Writing RTD during the season was a two-day undertaking to adequately present notes on every team, update the every-down linebacker table, discuss stat crew and tackle opportunity metrics, and make waiver wire suggestions. I also have a major role in the prep and recording of our weekly podcast. In past years, I was also doing a full 32 team update on Sunday morning. That time is just not there anymore.

I'm also painfully aware of my forum absence, and the delayed replies to emails, PMs, and DMs over the past two seasons.

I've written and deleted a variation of this post many, many times over the past 14 months. I don't want this to come off as excuse-making. My time constraints have nothing to do with the product you purchased/expected.

I'd like to write that I see things changing and my columns and coverage returning to what they were. Frankly and sadly, if I can't get them back up to an acceptable level for my own expectations, I may cut back the RTD back even further and focus on the every-down linebacker table and notes and increase my coverage of defensive injuries at the expense of team-by-team notes, tiers, and metrics.

John and I also recognize that our IDP content isn't what it once was. We have a few minor contributors, but we are essentially a three man band with Aaron taking over Larry's spreadsheet and working to get the upgrades and waiver suggestions out early in the week. I'm hoping we can add some folks this offseason to increase our defensive coverage. I completely understand why some of you are disappointed in the current state and timing of our IDP coverage. If you're so inclined, please express to David and joe how important you see IDP coverage to your FBG subscription. It helps support the arguments John and I make for more support in the offseason.

Appreciate y'all.

I'm just saying I miss, always loved reading your stuff Sunday mornings, tips and heads up and possible flyers. I totally get your a busy guy and many people love reading your stuff. Those Sunday morning things were freebies, and I mean no disrespect but I don't blame for cutting that out if your getting paid for your other stuff. Plus, Family should always come first and no one can blame you there. 

Basically what I'm saying is I get it, only so much time in a day and you have to pick what's most important. I just miss getting that Sunday morning info/tidbits and such. I probably wouldn't have started James, cause you would have said he's not starting so make other choices if you have them. :)  

Jene,

If you haven't seen it, check out Massraider's snap count thread. I think he should be first in line for added folks. He looks for trends in snap counts and his recaps are very readable.

Users who are viewing this thread