What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post your bad first 6 draft picks... (1 Viewer)

mr roboto

Footballguy
Easily my worst redraft squad in 10 years. Here's my first 6 draft picks...

Gurley

Lacy

Watkins

Maclin

Abdullah

Moncrief

I'm starting 1 RB from the above 6 players (Gurley). Replaced Lacy with Ajayi, replaced Watkins/Moncrief/Maclin with Ty Williams, M Jones and Meredith. 

Last edited by a moderator:
M. Floyd in most leagues.  Montcrief, although hard to predict injuries except for A. Foster types.  Actually doing well in re-draft leagues as went WR heavy early.  Picked MacLin in a few.  Can you say "under-perform".

In my big money league, my last 3 years 1st rounders have been:

Peterson

Bryant

Charles

I should not be allowed to pick in the 1st. It ain't right

My only redraft. From the 1.07

DeAndre Hopkins

Dez Bryant

Kelvin Benjamin

Jeremy Langford

Arian Foster

Jordan Matthews

I've been filling my line-up out with "waiver wire all-stars" all season and sit at 3-4.

Not redraft, but in my dynasty league some of my top guys coming into the season

Lacy, Rawls, Watkins, K Allen, Josh Gordon (a guy can dream), JJ Watt (IDP league),

In my big money league, my last 3 years 1st rounders have been:

Peterson

Bryant

Charles

I should not be allowed to pick in the 1st. It ain't right
lol.  In a good way, not laughing at you.  To think I targeted Charles in the 2nd rd. in every league & was snapped up usually right before my pick.

Not redraft, but in my dynasty league some of my top guys coming into the season

Lacy, Rawls, Watkins, K Allen, Josh Gordon (a guy can dream), JJ Watt (IDP league),
Lacy was on my do not draft list, but Rawls wasn't.

Pick 12 in a 12 teamer...

Round 1 - AP

Round 2 - AR 15

Round 3 - Jordan Reed

Round 4 - Lamar Miller

Round 5 - Michael Floyd

Round 6 - Russell Wilson

Pick 8 in 12 team nonPPR redraft:

Hopkins (thanks Osweiler)

AJ Green

Freeman

Watkins (dropped)

Stewart (dropped)

Delanie Walker

Little mix of good and bad

Beckham, Lacy, McCoy, Forte, Allen (people were scared of him...good reason to be i guess), Benjamin

1.3- Julio (no complaints obviously)

2.10- Dez

3.3- Lacy

4.10- Rawls

5.3- Decker

6.10- Mathews (who I picked immediately before Gore)

I guess end result is the same, a bad pick is a bad pick but a lot of these picks that did not work out for me and others are mainly injury related busts but I guess how it worked out makes no difference.

I have this one FFPC/FBG team that was without 7 of it's top 8 picks due to injury or players limited by injury such as McCoy. The top 6 where:

Dez

Reed

McCoy

Hyde

Sanders-my one healthy top 8 pick

Eifert-drafted in early August, thought he was only going to miss 3 games max.

That team entered week at 5-1 but crapped out and is now 5-2 and going south.

I got another team in that contest where my top 6 picks are:

David Johnson

Allen

Watkins

Moncrief

Josh Gordon

Marvin Jones

I stopped at 6 but 7th rounder was bust Julius Thomas. That team entered this week at 4-2 and as #3 seed, lost, not sure if it would be a playoff team if season ended after this week.

Here is my biggest money league, FFPC main event:

Bell

Reed

McCoy

Moncrief

Marvin Jones

Delanie Walker

That's not overly horrible in top 6 but Sims was 7th round pick and Corey Coleman was 9th round pick. My 8th round pick is not a bust but has been for me and that is Marty B who I've only started three times and not the good times, he's got me about 20 points total on those 3 starts- in 1.5 PPR TE format. This team is undefeated but not for long.

My IDP league I couldn't be happier with, but my 12-team D/ST league is certainly a mixed bag: 

1.03 - Me & Julio down by the schoolyard

2.09 - Ingram - meh - not awful, just not as good as I expected

3.03 - Dez "ow my knee" but "might play any week now!" Bryant

4.09 - Ben Roethlisburger - 300 yard bonus is huge in this league, and no one gets more. Was a great pick until he broke.

5.03 - Jeremy "what are these things at the ends of my arms for" Maclin. 

6.09 - Arian "oh FFS" Foster 

Yeah - not a fun team this year. A couple weeks Julio, Ingram & Roethisburger won for me, but that train has sailed. Matt Ryan is my backup and he's showing signs of slowing down. I'm 2-4 (soon to be 3-4) and I have 3 teams in my division that are 5-1, soon to be 6-1. 6-1, 5-2. I have none chance. My only goal at this point is to spoil other people's playoff chances. 

:D  

I'd like to invite @Soootch, @mr roboto, @pinkham13, @gabes1919, @Dr. Octopus, @matttyl, @irishidiot, @Deamon,  @Pipes, @cap'n grunge, and @Ned Ryerson to join a new 12-team redraft league I'm starting up. 

What? No, no particular reason. Just thought it'd be a fun group, why?   :lol:  
I put down my six worst picks so I probably did not follow the expectations of this thread. My first pick was David Johnson. Picks that worked out besides DJ are TY Hilton, Ware  Brady and Hyde.

Ooh, my turn. What's even worse about my picks this year is that in nearly every case, I was deciding between the guy I took and another guy who would have been much better.

16-team, standard scoring, start 2RB-2WR-WR/TE flex:

• Round 1: Miller (chose him over DJohnson)
  • Round 2: Watkins (at the time, I was thinking him or Dez, but I realized afterward I had totally forgotten about Cooper; if I had remembered, I would probably have taken him)
  • Round 3: LMurray (over Gordon)
  • Round 4: JBrown (over Sanders/Fitz)
  • Round 5: Lockett (over MJones -- that one was really close; I think I let the bye week be the tie-breaker)
  • Round 6: Gates (can't beat myself up too much here; he was the best guy available at the time, and none of the TEs taken before or after really panned out either).
Going 0-3 on WRs is totally killing my season. I've since picked up Tyrell, Montgomery and Coleman, so hopefully those guys plus a second-half resurgence from Brown can salvage things.

What did I learn? Not much. I thought Miller was "safer" than Johnson, which probably just shows that I overlearned the lesson of CJA/Hill from last year (don't read too much into late-season rookie breakouts). With Watkins, the lesson is "stay the hell away from foot injuries". And with Brown, I guess the lesson is "When in doubt, choose the first-ballot HOFer."

I put down my six worst picks so I probably did not follow the expectations of this thread. My first pick was David Johnson. Picks that worked out besides DJ are TY Hilton, Ware  Brady and Hyde.
No worries - I was just making a dumb joke. As you can see above, my 12-team redraft D/ST league is no prize, and those were my 1st 6 picks. :doh:  

• Round 5: Lockett (over MJones -- that one was really close; I think I let the bye week be the tie-breaker)
This one is brutal. I did something similar in my IDP league taking Snead over Marvin. Having had Marvin so many times before and thinking Tate was going to take a step forward and that the #1 talk was just preseason type motivational BS, and thinking Snead was ascending (which is is) I took Snead. 

He's worked out better than Lockett (who I was also high on but traded in the preseason) but still not the FFB stud Marvin has been. I still question whether it'll keep up, but for sure he's better than Lockett. 

Man, were a LOT of experts and FFB-ers wrong about Lockett this year.  And Wilson for that matter. 

I made many....

My draft:

1) Lamar Miller - (at #5, wanted Zeke, he went 3rd, passed on DJ and he went 6).  Verdict still out, much better schedule, but need more games like the last one.

2) CJ Anderson - good start, eventually traded in a package to get Antonio Brown

3) Sammy Watkins - idiot pick, ignored injury since he played in the last preseason game, could had Cooks etc

4) Jordan Reed - bad pick.  Should have avoided due to history of concussions alone.  Though wanted Maclin/Baldwin here and they both went, haven't done much.

5) Drew Brees - great pick in a 6 point TD league with 300 yard bonus

6) Allen Hurns - bad pick.  Though had no idea Jax would retreat this badly (has Gus been fired yet?).  I should have taken Marvin Jones.  Loved him, but thought it was a bit early

I'm still #1 in my league in points and 5-2.  My later picks were GREAT.  Ware, CMike, Crabtree, Vikings D, etc.  Picked up Gore and Antonio Brown in a trade.  Suffering a bit on WR's.

12 team redraft starting Brees, Lamar Miller, Ware, either Gore or CMike in flex (also stashed A. Morris, will hold him all year no matter what), Antonio, Crabtree and then either M. Bennett, Hurns as 3rd receiver, Lambo and Vikings/Eagles D.  Looking to upgrade receiver a bit but that's it.

3) Sammy Watkins - idiot pick, ignored injury since he played in the last preseason game, could had Cooks etc
I fell into that trap too. Saw he played, all news was positive for months. I had him circled as a 3rd round pick with 1-2 round talent - best receiving option who should dominate targets for an improving Buffalo offense, all that. Hook, line and sinker.  Naturally the day after my draft, and 3 days before the season it comes out that his foot isn't right. :doh:  

That one was a killer - identifying value / upside is a huge part of my draft strategy as I'm sure it is many here....to have a guy aggravate an injury by having another player step on his foot in practice was just the worst timing ever.  

Picking 3rd in a 14 team, PPR;

1.3 Julio 

2.12  D Thomas (Hilton taken just before me.)

3.3  Ingram (Meh, but not unhappy at this point)

4.12  Floyd (total fail and should have grabbed Marvin Jones like my instinct told me)

5.3  Crabtree (my best value pick of draft so far)

6.12  Foster (RBs were getting thin, but still a mistake.)

2 fails, 2 OK, 1 winner (Crabtree) and Julio  

I made many....

My draft:

1) Lamar Miller - (at #5, wanted Zeke, he went 3rd, passed on DJ and he went 6).  Verdict still out, much better schedule, but need more games like the last one.

2) CJ Anderson - good start, eventually traded in a package to get Antonio Brown

4) Jordan Reed - bad pick.  Should have avoided due to history of concussions alone.  Though wanted Maclin/Baldwin here and they both went, haven't done much.

6) Allen Hurns - bad pick.  Though had no idea Jax would retreat this badly (has Gus been fired yet?).  I should have taken Marvin Jones.  Loved him, but thought it was a bit early

I'm still #1 in my league in points and 5-2.  My later picks were GREAT.  Ware, CMike, Crabtree, Vikings D, etc.  Picked up Gore and Antonio Brown in a trade.  Suffering a bit on WR's.

12 team redraft starting Brees, Lamar Miller, Ware, either Gore or CMike in flex (also stashed A. Morris, will hold him all year no matter what), Antonio, Crabtree and then either M. Bennett, Hurns as 3rd receiver, Lambo and Vikings/Eagles D.  Looking to upgrade receiver a bit but that's it.
Guess you didn't read thread title. That's a pretty good top 6 overall.

1.10  Allen Robinson

2.3  Aaron Rodgers

3.10  Brandon Marshall

4.3  Randall Cobb

5.10  Jeremy Langford

6.3  Jeremy Maclin

1-6

Picking 3rd in a 14 team, PPR;

1.3 Julio 

2.12  D Thomas (Hilton taken just before me.)

3.3  Ingram (Meh, but not unhappy at this point)

4.12  Floyd (total fail and should have grabbed Marvin Jones like my instinct told me)

5.3  Crabtree (my best value pick of draft so far)

6.12  Foster (RBs were getting thin, but still a mistake.)

2 fails, 2 OK, 1 winner (Crabtree) and Julio  
I'd be completely happy with this as my top 6 picks, especially in a 14 teamer.  With the amount of busts/injuries to top 6 round guys, this has to be one of the best first 6 draft rounds out there in 14 teamers.

A lot of Maclin, Watkins, CJ, Miller, Lockett and Reed. 
Why? The guy was a top 3 TE the first 5 weeks.  Yah he got a concussion, but you didn't have 0s those weeks, as you knew ahead of time.  He's averaging the 2nd highest PPG of any TE and is TE5 even with 2 missed games..

He'll be back after the bye, and possibly even this week.

Why? The guy was a top 3 TE the first 5 weeks.  Yah he got a concussion, but you didn't have 0s those weeks, as you knew ahead of time.  He's averaging the 2nd highest PPG of any TE and is TE5 even with 2 missed games..

He'll be back after the bye, and possibly even this week.
I'm not saying it. Just saying he's in a lot of people's lists above. 

Yah, it wasn't necessarily directed at you.  I don't get why a lot of people are listing him as a bad pick.
 I listed him two different teams because I thought the OP said to list your top 6 bad picks of a league you had a bad top 6 picks so I listed all the players I took in the top 6, good and bad.

Now I'll add in the TE premium leagues I'm in Reed was usually a second round pick, sometimes falling into mid third at latest. I also did not specify that these are 11 week regular season leagues so when you are a second/third round pick and you miss what is likely 30% of your regular season games due to injury I actually think that qualifies a bad pick. He might pay off later but I don't think anyone is paying that price for him today if they knew he was going to miss that kind of time.

I made many....

My draft:

Other than Brees, who exactly?
Lamar Miller... Far from a bust in the first round.
CJ Anderson... would not call him a bust or a disaster from where you got him at the end of the 2nd
Jordan Reed... how is this a bad pick?  Read the last few posts for full conversation about Jordan Reed.
Brees... Steal for you here and is a top 3 QB in all formats.

1 huge steal, 3 decent picks, and 2 bad picks.  With how many busts/injuries there have been in the top 6 rounds, this is an average to slightly above average top 6 rounds.

1. Hopkins

2. Ingram

3. Freeman

4. Landry

5. Olsen

6. Bortles

7. Gordon 

8. Duke

9. Henry

Worst team since 2004.

You guys might want to PM Deamon before posting your team here and make sure his grading system is acceptable for you to label it a bad draft.

Ar15, ingram, l. Murray, maclin, gates, abdullah, lockett. on one team.  Won 3 of last 4 and still fighting for a playoff spot.

From the 4 spot, 12 teams

Beckham, McCoy,  watkins, sanders, Hyde, Ertz

Granted, McCoy was fine until this week. 

10 team PPR - still 4-3

Hopkins

Keenan Allen

Jamaal Charles

Sammy Watkins

Latavious Murray

Jordan Reed

In a 10-team league where teams keep two to four players:

Keeper 1: Odell Beckham Jr.

Keeper 2: Douglas Martin

Pick 1.6: Rob Gronkowski

Pick 1.9: Latavius Murray

Pick 2.2: Dez Bryant

Pick 3.9: Golden Tate

Admittedly, this team has spent the last two weeks improving from "quite possibly the worst ever" to "merely very bad".

Users who are viewing this thread