What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Boston Celtics Thread*** only made a thread cause everyone else is doing it (1 Viewer)

Big fan. Still betting the under though.
Tough to bet the under because they'll definitely be in the market to add another stud as the season progresses.  They have plenty of pieces to give for a max player on a team that stumbles...Blake? Aldridge? Millsap?  

Tough to bet the under because they'll definitely be in the market to add another stud as the season progresses.  They have plenty of pieces to give for a max player on a team that stumbles...Blake? Aldridge? Millsap?  
Too late on one of them

Marc Stein ✔ @ESPNSteinLine

League source confirms @olgunuluc report from Down Under that veteran NBA guard Steve Blake is signing with the Sydney Kings in Australia.

7:58 PM - 21 Oct 2016

Yea, having the swap with BRK pick for the next yer, and their outright pick in 2018 is kinda ridiculous. Especially when this is what that team is putting out there for a 15 man roster. ooooooffff

Lin/Vasquez/Whitehead/
Hollis-Jefferson/Foye/Kilpatrick
Bogdanovich/Harris/Levert
Booker/Bennett/McCullough
Lopez/Scola/Hamilton

there is no catch all NBA thread? 

Mudiay just put up 24 points in the fist quarter against the Celts :loco:

there is no catch all NBA thread? 

Mudiay just put up 24 points in the fist quarter against the Celts :loco:
The catch all thread is in the FFA.

Mudiay is going to do that from time to time. He still managed to have 7 TOs though.

I like Stevens, but I wish he could figure out how to manage a lineup.  Get 8 guys and stick with them.  What's with this using 12 guys garbage?

Ummmm

Al Horford and Jae Crowder are out injured. Kind of hard to stick with an 8 man rotation (not that any team actually has an 8 man rotation in the regular season anyway), when 2 of your starters are out

Ummmm

Al Horford and Jae Crowder are out injured. Kind of hard to stick with an 8 man rotation (not that any team actually has an 8 man rotation in the regular season anyway), when 2 of your starters are out
Ummmm.

He was using a double digit rotation before they went down.  In fact he's used a double digit rotation from game 1. 

I'm not looking to create a heated argument or bash anyone here.  I just don't like the philosophy of using 10-12 guys.  (except of course unless they are getting blown out). 

On another note, Mickey looks like he's taken a giant step backward in his time this early in the season.

Last edited by a moderator:
This team is one stud / paint enforcer away from being a scary good team. 

Their a paint enforcer and an Ray Allen type 3 point shooting machine away from being Champions.

Amir Johnson frustrates me like no one else on this roster.   I'd rather see Zeller starting over Amir.

I'd trade Olynk (he's still too soft), Amir (he disappears for entire games) and one of those next two #1 Net's picks to get what is needed.  I'd throw in Terry Rozier in any deal that is necessary to sweeten a pot. 

Pretty excited for the 2018/19 season.

There was a preview special on tv last night and they were discussing the Celtics biggest issue ... playing time and who gets shots.

Such a good problem to have but really so much talent on this team it's going to be hard getting everyone the ball / stats that they deserve.

Assuming the starting lineup is; Kyrie, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, Horford 

OK, Horford can go without ... but the other 4 will want to score with recognition and future contracts on the line. Curious to see how this plays out.

There was a preview special on tv last night and they were discussing the Celtics biggest issue ... playing time and who gets shots.

Such a good problem to have but really so much talent on this team it's going to be hard getting everyone the ball / stats that they deserve.

OK, Horford can go without ... but the other 4 will want to score with recognition and future contracts on the line. Curious to see how this plays out.
Woot

I wonder if it makes more sense to bring Hayward off the bench?  At minimum, he'll be playing fewer minutes than the rest of the starters as his body gets back into NBA form.  Also, I wonder how often we'll see Rozier playing the 1 with Kyrie playing off ball?

I wonder if it makes more sense to bring Hayward off the bench?  At minimum, he'll be playing fewer minutes than the rest of the starters as his body gets back into NBA form.  Also, I wonder how often we'll see Rozier playing the 1 with Kyrie playing off ball?
Hayward is their second best player.  He needs to be a starter and the fastest way to get him in that role is to just start him there.

But I'm sure Stevens will try about 7,000 different lineup configurations.  You will definitely see some Rozier/Kyrie combos.

Great article here on Kyrie and the Celtics in general coming into this season.  

So unbelievably excited about this season.
It is a point of grief to see young people who don't feel a need or obligation to argue with the gods when inspiration seizes them, but i have to admit that, if i'm going to kill God, this is how it goes. maybe the ultimate set-aside is that, because of pure talent, members of oppressed races & classes will have first crack at that. poetic justice....

kyrie irving is that way - the yeezy of b-ball. i was bothered by his leadership of my team for just that reason until he recently formed a love connection with maaaacus smaaaat as his literal wingman. that could be sum'n.

Don't look now, but things are clicking.

Brad has found a few of the right buttons and the boys are playing together again.

Jayrod said:
Don't look now, but things are clicking.

Brad has found a few of the right buttons and the boys are playing together again.
yeah, there's flow again with Maaaacus Smaaaat setting the high screens for Kyrie that the young bucks can't/won't. and i dont know if it was the rest or getting the share of the ball he wants on the 2nd unit, but Jaylen Brown (who may be a slow starter anyway) looked great. scrubs of the East are gonna loooove facing JB, Hayward & Rozier for their minutes every night.

and i'm a LOT less scared of the Sixers after watching them twice this week. Simmons & Embiid STILL havent developed a relationship, both their games are devolving and the new guys (Butler, Chandler & Muscala) haven't been integrated into the "playbook" yet. Simmons and Butler actually looked happier on JoJo's nite off Friday and, when you play better ball without the best post since Shaq, sumn's very wrong. It's kinda good i'm boycotting the FFA b-ball thread cuz all i'd be doing is arguing with Sixers fans over what an utter void their coach is.

yeah, there's flow again with Maaaacus Smaaaat setting the high screens for Kyrie that the young bucks can't/won't. and i dont know if it was the rest or getting the share of the ball he wants on the 2nd unit, but Jaylen Brown (who may be a slow starter anyway) looked great. scrubs of the East are gonna loooove facing JB, Hayward & Rozier for their minutes every night.

and i'm a LOT less scared of the Sixers after watching them twice this week. Simmons & Embiid STILL havent developed a relationship, both their games are devolving and the new guys (Butler, Chandler & Muscala) haven't been integrated into the "playbook" yet. Simmons and Butler actually looked happier on JoJo's nite off Friday and, when you play better ball without the best post since Shaq, sumn's very wrong. It's kinda good i'm boycotting the FFA b-ball thread cuz all i'd be doing is arguing with Sixers fans over what an utter void their coach is.
Morris is also playing the best ball of his career right now and deserves to stay in the starting lineup.

As I said before, the Sixers don't scare me really.  It is the Raptors and Bucks that will be the true teams to beat.

Users who are viewing this thread