What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel Week 8 (1 Viewer)

Damn.  68% of the action has come in on the Jets against Cleveland.  The line has moved from NYJ -5.5 to NYJ -2.5.  Thats movement across -4 and -3.  Get your shares of Josh McCown now before hes priced up in the high 6000s next week.

Damn.  68% of the action has come in on the Jets against Cleveland.  The line has moved from NYJ -5.5 to NYJ -2.5.  Thats movement across -4 and -3.  Get your shares of Josh McCown now before hes priced up in the high 6000s next week.
Browns win outright

I'm apparently the opposite of the group. I can't find a LU I like at all. WR is the primary position I'm struggling with for some reason. My favorite LU leaves $1800 on the table. I'll go $1000 light on occasion but $1800 is more than I can tolerate. Might be a sign to not play much this week. 

I dont know why,  but I have a hard time putting freeman in my line ups.   Im just man crushing on Spencer Ware.  Helps i am a KC fan. 
Me too, and it might come back to haunt me.  He wasn't on my 'list', but seemed like good value.  One that I really liked that I noticed I have 0 piece of this week on either site is CMike.  Don't know why here, but hated his price on DK. 

I have Ware all over the place though. 

Yeah, Im skipping cash this week except for the Football guys $10 doubleup.  Everyone is going to have Booker and 3 of Julio, Hopkins, TY, or Evans. 
Just looked, and I have a cash LU in that doesn't feature any of these guys.  :bag:

Are people trusting Brock and Hopkins for cash?

I'm apparently the opposite of the group. I can't find a LU I like at all. WR is the primary position I'm struggling with for some reason. My favorite LU leaves $1800 on the table. I'll go $1000 light on occasion but $1800 is more than I can tolerate. Might be a sign to not play much this week. 
I kept having lineups with the same problem. I have 1 cash game without Booker (ware,johnson) but the rest have 300-900 left over dollars. FD needs to tighten up their pricing,there are several guys priced at least 1k too low

I kept having lineups with the same problem. I have 1 cash game without Booker (ware,johnson) but the rest have 300-900 left over dollars. FD needs to tighten up their pricing,there are several guys priced at least 1k too low
If I build a LU w/ D. Adams (who I like at his price), I can't come close to spending $60,000 with a LU I really like. I can "upgrade" at RB I guess, but I'm not sure spending more salary actually helps. There are about a half-dozen "must start" RBs to my eye, so picking right will be a crapshoot. 

If I build a LU w/ D. Adams (who I like at his price), I can't come close to spending $60,000 with a LU I really like. I can "upgrade" at RB I guess, but I'm not sure spending more salary actually helps. There are about a half-dozen "must start" RBs to my eye, so picking right will be a crapshoot. 
Isn't that a good thing, and and theory wouldn't that keep the cash lines lower a bit if the RB action is spread out, unlike last week where there were 3Rb plays and 4wr plays or something? 

Dodds being high on Ware and me not having any freaks me out. 

The above statement should say freeman. . . . Oops. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Dodds being high on Ware and me not having any freaks me out
before booker became basically a must play my rbs were ware,johnson and Michael. Ware was my top because KC hates to throw if they can run and should be able to run with ease. Even with a good passing matchup Smith will complete 14 passes to 8 different guys making them all useless.

I just like Ware alot.   I am almost all Ware/Booker.   If booker wasn't a must stsrt.  I definitely would be on Freeman.   I will change my mind I am sure . 

Isn't that a good thing, and and theory wouldn't that keep the cash lines lower a bit if the RB action is spread out, unlike last week where there were 3Rb plays and 4wr plays or something? 
I don't think so. I find safety in using "must start" guys in cash b/c I know everyone will be using them too. This week I'm seeing 6 or so "must start" guys, which actually means I'm seeing no "must start" guys since you can't start 6.

I like Ware, Booker, Freeman, Michael, Forte, DJohnson. I probably like Forte more than most (love him actually), but I'm guessing his ownership is the lowest of those 6 in cash. 

I'm guessing Julio is pushing 70% in cash lineups, FWIW.

DAMN...that cobb thing is going to hurt me big time.  This was my Thursday LU

Brees

Murray

elliot

Cobb

sanders

Hilton

Doyle

Lambo

titans

Dodds being high on Ware and me not having any freaks me out

I just like Ware alot.   I am almost all Ware/Booker.   If booker wasn't a must stsrt.  I definitely would be on Freeman.   I will change my mind I am sure . 

wait you just said you had no ware???

not sure what im missing here but you apparently do have a bunch of ware so thats good.

Here's my dirt-cheap cash lineup:

Winston

Booker/Ware

TY/Julio/Adams

Barnidge

Bryant

Denver

$1200 on the table. Upgrade Barnidge? To whom? I guess I turn Winston into Ryan or something, but he's my other cash QB and I think Winston has a big game. 

100% barnidge today.  feels wrong.  tried to fit graham in there and even gronk but couldnt find a lineup i liked with them.  any ideas.

My bad sooted.   That should have been Freeman in my initial post.   I am not on Freeman due to man crush on Ware.   Even had Ware on my mind when trying to type Freeman.  My apologies. 

100% barnidge today.  feels wrong.  tried to fit graham in there and even gronk but couldnt find a lineup i liked with them.  any ideas.
I'm not sure if I'm going to use it in cash yet but I have :

Luck

Booker

Freeman

Evans

Sanders

J.Jones

Graham

Santos

Dallas

The cash lineup I'm leaning towards is very Atlanta heavy and i'm not sure how comfortable I am with that.

I don't think so. I find safety in using "must start" guys in cash b/c I know everyone will be using them too. This week I'm seeing 6 or so "must start" guys, which actually means I'm seeing no "must start" guys since you can't start 6.

I like Ware, Booker, Freeman, Michael, Forte, DJohnson. I probably like Forte more than most (love him actually), but I'm guessing his ownership is the lowest of those 6 in cash. 

I'm guessing Julio is pushing 70% in cash lineups, FWIW.
I forget who is who in here, do you usually just go with one cash LU?

I guess I don't get it then.  I was more interested this week b/c there were a handful of good choices at RB.  I hated last week where everybody had the same roster and cash lines were outrageous.  Even the WRs this week.  Somebody listed Julio, Evans, TY being in everybody's roster, but I guess I thought guys like Fitz and Marshall were priced very well and were great plays too.  I thought with the pricing people would have more lineups they liked, and there would be more variety and lower cash lines.  I am too indecisive and went with 4 LUs again this week though. 

I am loving this LU I have for cash

Ryan

Ware

Booker

Julio

Evans

D. adams

barnidge

Bailey

Denver

Rodgers

Booker

C. Michael

Julio

TY hilton

D. Adams

Doyle

Crosby

new england

I forget who is who in here, do you usually just go with one cash LU?

I guess I don't get it then.  I was more interested this week b/c there were a handful of good choices at RB.  I hated last week where everybody had the same roster and cash lines were outrageous.  Even the WRs this week.  Somebody listed Julio, Evans, TY being in everybody's roster, but I guess I thought guys like Fitz and Marshall were priced very well and were great plays too.  I thought with the pricing people would have more lineups they liked, and there would be more variety and lower cash lines.  I am too indecisive and went with 4 LUs again this week though. 
I'm not married to # of cash lineups. It just depends on what I'm seeing, how much I'll have in play, etc. Multiple lineups are just hedges that reduce risk at the expense of limiting gains. 

This week just feels all kinds of "wrong" to me, so I'm playing light. I'm not someone who is convinced "my guys" will hit, even if I think they're must-play. Not having the comfort of the masses joining me is worrisome.

There are going to be lots of viable paths to a 160-ish score this week I think. I'm just not sure I'm going to be on one of those paths. Exact opposite of last week for me. Even my Geno lineup hit all its cash action  

I will have 2 cash lineups with little in play, just mostly because I'm a degenerate gambler.

If I had cajones and had the kind of confidence some guys have, I'd turn Denver D into Dallas D, and fade Booker for Forte.

But I think Booker's ownership will be huge. 

Having my morning coffee, watching some London and taking last looks at lineups when I come across Dodds' fade Gronk post.

Had him pencilled in for most of the week and may move off him, if only because going Gronk -> Graham allows me to go M. Thomas -> Brandon Marshall.  I'm a Pats fan so I was buying Gronk hard on narrative street, tough to keep objective.

I'm not married to # of cash lineups. It just depends on what I'm seeing, how much I'll have in play, etc. Multiple lineups are just hedges that reduce risk at the expense of limiting gains. 

This week just feels all kinds of "wrong" to me, so I'm playing light. I'm not someone who is convinced "my guys" will hit, even if I think they're must-play. Not having the comfort of the masses joining me is worrisome.

There are going to be lots of viable paths to a 160-ish score this week I think. I'm just not sure I'm going to be on one of those paths. Exact opposite of last week for me. Even my Geno lineup hit all its cash action  

I will have 2 cash lineups with little in play, just mostly because I'm a degenerate gambler.
Makes a lot of sense. 

That said, I am glad (I say that now), I got in on the Thurs stuff.  Seeing everybody go to Adams and freeing up the $ to have all of Ryan/Julio/Evans/Ware/Booker in a lineup or flipping that to Luck/Graham would make me more nervous. 

Having my morning coffee, watching some London and taking last looks at lineups when I come across Dodds' fade Gronk post.

Had him pencilled in for most of the week and may move off him, if only because going Gronk -> Graham allows me to go M. Thomas -> Brandon Marshall.  I'm a Pats fan so I was buying Gronk hard on narrative street, tough to keep objective.
this is one of those things dodds does occasionally that i just simply dont agree with.  he just goes by previous weeks data without looking beyond it much.  first of all, buffalo has faced garbage vs te this year.  theyve faced a combo of bad offenses, bad tes and offenses that dont just throw to the te.  the one week they faced a decent te it was martyb who torched them for 5-109.  the advanced stats have the bills in the bottom 3rd of the nfl.

also using a teams defensive numbers vs te when analyzing what what will happen vs ne seems especially futile for all the obvious reasons.

No Adams for me in cash. 

3 cash LU:

2 Luck,  1 Ryan

1 each of Ware,  Michael,  Freeman

2 Barnidge ,  1 Graham

Wrs: Evans, Jones,  fitz,  Hilt,  Marshall 

Chaulky. 

so while i dont think gronk is a super duper lock must play he certainly seems like a fine play and theres really no reason to think buffalo will shut him down like they have daniel fells, lance kendricks, vance mcdonald, etc.

No Adams for me in cash. 

3 cash LU:

2 Luck,  1 Ryan

1 each of Ware,  Michael,  Freeman

2 Barnidge ,  1 Graham

Wrs: Evans, Jones,  fitz,  Hilton,  Cooper,  Marshall 

Chaulky. 
me either.  which means hes def going off for like 8-76-2.  but i just feel like the gb passing offense is just too risky.

i am annoyed with the late mass exposure to adams bc do have a bunch of him in gpps and i felt like nobody else was on him earlier.

this is one of those things dodds does occasionally that i just simply dont agree with.  he just goes by previous weeks data without looking beyond it much.  first of all, buffalo has faced garbage vs te this year.  theyve faced a combo of bad offenses, bad tes and offenses that dont just throw to the te.  the one week they faced a decent te it was martyb who torched them for 5-109.  the advanced stats have the bills in the bottom 3rd of the nfl.

also using a teams defensive numbers vs te when analyzing what what will happen vs ne seems especially futile for all the obvious reasons.
Yeah, the analysis on Gronk in his post was definitely more shallow than some of the stuff I've seen here.  There is a strong case to discount BUF vs TE 2016 when considering Gronk for the reasons you mentioned.  Patriots point total second highest on the board at 26.75, hard for me to see how Gronk doesn't get any of that.

I'm waffling on this one -- there's always something.  

Ryan

Ware

Booker

d. adams

J. Jones

M. Evans

Barnidge 

Bailey 

Broncos

Cash Number 2

Rodgers

Booker

J. Rodgers

Evans

Jones

Hilton

Doyle

Crosby

Pats

•  

10 mins ......... any thoughts on a guy like Jeff Janis [wr - GB] for GPP consideration? If they keep Montgomery at RB, that would put him [potentially] GB"s WR3 in a possible, if not probable, shoot-out. $4500 cost.

Users who are viewing this thread