What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

NBA opening day (1 Viewer)

NixonMask

Footballguy
Is there going to be a main loading page, or a link to the content we can always get to?

The lines are:
Cleveland -9 New York (212)
Portland -5.5 Utah (193.5)
Golden State -9 (212.5)

So just looking at this slate on both Fanduel and Draftkings the one value play I can see avoiding is Courtney Lee on the Knicks.  Is anyone else seeing any other reliable discount plays for cash?

Hoopsguys.com is the landing page with all of our content. Here is our deep dive for the three game slate

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/basketball/apps/article.php?article=2016NBADeepDive_10_25_16

Kyle Anderson starting is a good cash play, is he reliable, not really but in a 3 game slate you're just looking for value to be able to spend up at other positions.

Shooting guard is a trainwreck on this slate, it is McCollum or bust for me as Thompson has looked awful shooting in the last two preseason games and J.R. Smith is a historic slow starter plus the contract hold out issues I don't expect much from him. 

Jordan McRae is a sneaky GPP play

If Derrick Favors misses this game, Trey Lyles is sounding like a great play, 

Evan Turner is sneaky, as I don't think he is going to start this game, but he should still see 25 minutes and a lot of people will be off of him since he is not starting

Early look GPPs, not going to even look at cash this early with a limited slate

Rose/Hill/McCollum/Klay/Labron/Anderson/Porzing/Aldridge/Gasol

Lilliard/Parker/Hood/Klay/Turner/Labron/Porzing/Love/TT

it would be helpful to talk through thinking like Dodds does on the football side...projected lineups, why, reasoning on players, reasoning to fade, etc......

Did a little tweaking getting Lyles and Anderson both in with

Lilliard/Rose/Thompson/McCullum/James/Aldridge/Gobert

also can somebody explain what usage is and where i can find these stats?  tia.
Sure thing. As defined by ESPN, usage is "The number of possessions a player uses per 40 minutes. Usage Rate = {[FGA + (FT Att. x 0.44) + (Ast x 0.33) + TO] x 40 x League Pace} divided by (Minutes x Team Pace)."

Basically what this tells you is how involved a player is within the offense when they're on the floor. A player who has a high usage is going to have a lot of shots and assists when they're on the floor. 

The stat can be found here, go to advanced and then look at usg %. http://stats.nba.com/league/player/#!/advanced/ We are also building a stat page with all of the fantasy relevant stats that we are working on.

forgot I had a lineup in , any chance this looks ok for $2 50/50?

pg-parker  curry

sg-mccollum  hood

sf-Anderson lebron

pf-love porzingis

c-gobert

Not bad, don't love Parker, but definitely not awful. 

Here is my lineup based on the IVC's. Plugged Curry+James+Gobert then hit the button. Not sure why it is aligned to the right.

PG

Stephen Curry

PG

Kyrie Irving

SG

C.J. McCollum

SG

Klay Thompson

SF

LeBron James

SF

Kyle Anderson

PF

Kristaps Porzingis

PF

Trey Lyles

C

Rudy Gobert

Last edited by a moderator:
Mike is a frequenter poster here. He crunches numbers -- purely data driven with a touch of subjectivity that he explains on a player by player basis. Solid track record for cash game play. He asks for donations to get the top-shelf stuff later in the season, but it's all free right now. Well worth it IMO. 

http://www.sportsguydaily.com

I guessed right on having Spurs -- just the wrong ones. The NY-CLE game becoming a blowout hurt me too. Could have used the last shift of Melo and Porzingas. 

Klay is hurting me pretty bad right now, but thankfully all I had in the first game was LeBron and Kyrie.  Fingers crossed Klay doesnt kill me.

Klay is hurting me pretty bad right now, but thankfully all I had in the first game was LeBron and Kyrie.  Fingers crossed Klay doesnt kill me.
Klay starting to get it going, just need him to keep it up, what an awful first half by the entire Golden State team.

Yeah.  I had a bad feeling about rostering him after his cold end to the preseason, but the pricing kind of locked me in.

What a weird day, the Spurs were +525 to win that game and they won by 29. The Warriors didn't lose at home until April 1st last year.

Raging weasel said:
forgot I had a lineup in , any chance this looks ok for $2 50/50?

pg-parker  curry

sg-mccollum  hood

sf-Anderson lebron

pf-love porzingis

c-gobert
missed the cut by 9-parker didn't do much but wouldn't have mattered if I had used a high priced pg other than curry

Rondae Hollis Jefferson is really disappointing, although he was between 55-70% owned depending on the contest, so not going to kill me thankfully.

Glad to see Davis going off. I don't have him rostered, I just like him a ton. May have a 50-burger at halftime. 
Have a feeling Davis is going to be a good GPP play all year long. So many people got burned last year, that there is bias within their analysis. We had him as our #2 overall value play with 49 points and he is going to crush that projection already at 61.6 points. On pace for 80+

He is such a sicko.  Hes not fooling me though.  First time I get suckered in and play in him cash Im getting 30 seconds before his in the locker room with a toe owie.  I've played that game before, no thanks.

Booker picks up his 4th foul 2 minutes into the second half and still hasn't come back, there are 8 minutes left in the 4th. He's likely done for the day with the blowout too. 18 total minutes.

What a crazy scoring night it was last night. Did well on both sites, thanks to AD/Frazier/Ennis/Harden mainly. 

Missed on Rondae Hollis Jefferson.  :rant:  Got the minutes, but didnt do anything with them.

Ugh, McCollum and Aminu combined for 5 of 18 shooting at home. Ruined what was otherwise a perfectly good lineup with 2 50-burgers and 45 from Millsap.

Users who are viewing this thread