What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thoughts on a new Sunday thread.... (1 Viewer)

The Claymaker

Footballguy
So I had been tossing this idea around for a couple weeks and after my own f-up this weekend, I'd like to propose it to the regular posters here. 

My thought is, let's make our own "updates" thread for each Sunday. It's not a "who to start thread" just a update thread for those of us that care and need those last minute updates on who's playing and who isn't. I think we have enough regular posters to make it worthwhile. We just need to get it updated ASAP on Sundays. 

Anyway, let me know what you guys think and I think we should try it this weekend if enough people are interested. 

I'd be in. I check the IDP section daily. You proposing something similar to an injury in/out thread like MT does in the Shark Pool?

Yeah, similar but for IDP we may add more than just active/inactive like a guy going from starting at MLB to suddenly being on the bench. He's not inactive but he's not gonna be very productive on the bench. 

But if it's news I think it should be in it. Even if I think it's something everyone's heard, I still post it because we don't all have the same news feeds or know where to find them. 

Yeah, similar but for IDP we may add more than just active/inactive like a guy going from starting at MLB to suddenly being on the bench. He's not inactive but he's not gonna be very productive on the bench. 

But if it's news I think it should be in it. Even if I think it's something everyone's heard, I still post it because we don't all have the same news feeds or know where to find them. 
:goodposting:

Even if I think it's something everyone's heard, I still post it because we don't all have the same news feeds or know where to find them. 
Hundred percent.

What I'd really like is to have a thread with one poster (at least) from each fan base, who reads all the Bleacher Report and SB stuff that he would read anyway, and distill that fanboy stuff to usable tidbits for the rest of us.  

Cool, I'm going to open a thread for this Sunday. So once we start getting/hearing/reading updates for this weeks games and it will allow for a place for any news on Thursday's game as well. 

Love the idea, and I'll be happy to check in and act as a parasite since I don't really have time to follow info much on Sundays. :D  

Someone mentioned updating the first post in the other thread. That would be a nice, quick reference but maybe only do that on Sunday morning once the news (especially injury / activity) is more likely to be confirmed?

Someone mentioned updating the first post in the other thread. That would be a nice, quick reference but maybe only do that on Sunday morning once the news (especially injury / activity) is more likely to be confirmed?
I will do my best to make it as useful as possible. 

Format looks good on the week 8 thread.  I like the summary section.  Since this is set up as a single week thread maybe add a section for favorable matchups for this week and unfavorable matchups.  Something where you see that they might be playing a safety more in the box this week or not based on the opponent kind of thing. 

Format looks good on the week 8 thread.  I like the summary section.  Since this is set up as a single week thread maybe add a section for favorable matchups for this week and unfavorable matchups.  Something where you see that they might be playing a safety more in the box this week or not based on the opponent kind of thing. 

just my opinion but that seems like it should be a separate thread

maybe similar to Mop's (now defunct) exploit/avoid thread

Last edited by a moderator:
just my opinion but that seems like it should be a separate thread
I was thinking one stop shopping but could see the benefit for a separate thread for that.  One thread more news based and one thread more intuition for starters based.

Users who are viewing this thread