What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Too early to look at playoff matchups? (1 Viewer)

matttyl

Footballguy
Was looking at what lineups I'd have available the next few weeks with injuries and byes and such...and went all the way though the playoffs and saw some players with some very nice matchups weeks 14-16.

Melvin Gordon (Raiders away and Browns at home weeks 15-16)

J Hill (at Browns week 14, at Texans week 16)

M Evans (Saints week 14 and 16, with the Cowboys in the middle)

McCoy (Browns and Dolphins weeks 15 and 16)

Cooper-Crab (Chargers and Colts weeks 15 and 16)

Others that jump out at your, or are we too early in looking?

Was looking at what lineups I'd have available the next few weeks with injuries and byes and such...and went all the way though the playoffs and saw some players with some very nice matchups weeks 14-16.

M Evans (Saints week 14 and 16, with the Cowboys in the middle)
Adam Humphries is a guy that I look at who is eminently available.  In a league where I have a great record, spots that I might use for weekly churns and/or fringe-y starters, I would look to potentially hold a guy like that instead.

Adam Humphries is a guy that I look at who is eminently available.  In a league where I have a great record, spots that I might use for weekly churns and/or fringe-y starters, I would look to potentially hold a guy like that instead.
also dont overlook martin &/or quizz for those matchups

Bears face SF, @Det, GB, Was wks 13-16.  3 home games.  also 3 terrible run Def (not same 3 tho) down the stretch.  If a true RB emerges by then, BOOM.

Give me Saints, Buccs, Panthers, Chargers, Texans and PATRIOTS players.

Dont give me 49ers, Packers, Lions, Falcons or Colts players.

are we too early in looking?
I made a trade last night and immediately panicked, looking at his schedule for the playoffs. For some reason it had slipped my mind. No, not too early at all. The regular season doesn't matter, generally, as long as you get to the playoffs. So if you're on that course, positioning yourself to have great matchups in the playoffs is a smart move, if you can swing it.

The Kansas City Chiefs are at home throughout the fantasy playoffs.  I'd strongly consider procuring Spencer Ware and/or the Chiefs DST.

The Chiefs DST is traditionally strong at home.  While the Chiefs Week 14 opponent has offensive firepower, their Week 15 and 16 match-ups look favorable:

Week 14:  Raiders @ Chiefs

Week 15:  Titans @ Chiefs

Week 16:  Broncos @ Chiefs

I look on draft day, lol

I think staying away from someone like Julio because of his playoff schedule is a little foolish but when you're talking about your normal players and not your studs, yes you should look at this all the time

Winston gets NO twice in the playoffs. I got him thankfully in one when someone dropped for byes. 

Never too early.

In re-drafts, sometimes you can draft players with very good week 1-4 schedules that are hot to start, but typically have harder schedules later, so you trade those guys away for the studs which are under performing due to tougher schedules early, but their bonus match ups late.

Sometimes it is hard to figure out which defenses will be the great matchups due to injuries during the year, but the bottom 5-10 usually don't improve a ton in one year, so are typical targets.

But in the end, a week before everyone else in your league starts thinking playoff matchups is definitely the latest to be looking at them!  You have to be the first team to strike at the "playoff matchup" trade, since once those trades start, everyone notices and it's hard to make more of them as the price of those playoff matchup players gets too expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread