What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official OKC Thunder*** Who needs shooting when you can run & jump? (1 Viewer)

Kev4029 said:
I'd rather max him out than Oladipo but that also seems like a quick path to mediocrity.
Rumor is that deal Westbrook signed was to look like the hero by staying & before opt out year OKC trades him? Any kegs to that ? 

I liked Oladipo alot more at IU. But talent is hard to come by and " bums" are getting 15-20 mil so is it really that bad once the salary cap goes up even more?

Last edited by a moderator:
Rumor is that deal Westbrook signed was to look like the hero by staying & before opt out year OKC trades him? Any kegs to that ? 

I liked Oladipo alot more at IU. But talent is hard to come by and " bums" are getting 15-20 mil so is it really that bad once the salary cap goes up even more?
No idea about the Westbrook stuff.

As compared to some of the contracts handed out this offseason (Deng, Mozgov, Turner, etc), Oladipo isn't a bad contract. But $21m/yr (about 20% of the salary cap) for an average SG that doesn't fit particularly well along side your star player seems like a bad choice. I think the Adams signing is also a bit of an over pay, but at least he plays a position where it is harder to find decent help and I feel like he has a little further to go before he reaches his ceiling.

I think after this upcoming offseason, salaries will normalize a bit and teams that have managed to avoid the bidding frenzy will be in great shape.

Related: Ibaka's potential max deal is 5/167 this offseason. 
If anybody pays him anything near $33m/yr they will certainly regret that signing for years. OKC was in a tough spot if they didn't want to extend Ibaka, but I don't think that Oladipo, Ilyasova, and Sabonis was an improvement for 2016. After 2017 Westbrook will likely be heading to greener pastures if they aren't extremely competitive and I think they have taken a step back.

If anybody pays him anything near $33m/yr they will certainly regret that signing for years. OKC was in a tough spot if they didn't want to extend Ibaka, but I don't think that Oladipo, Ilyasova, and Sabonis was an improvement for 2016. After 2017 Westbrook will likely be heading to greener pastures if they aren't extremely competitive and I think they have taken a step back.
I agree regarding OKC downgrading talent in the short run. I'm reading that the new CBA is going to add some greater incentives for players to stay with their current teams, so I think Westbrook has a reasonableness shot at staying long term though. 

I agree regarding OKC downgrading talent in the short run. I'm reading that the new CBA is going to add some greater incentives for players to stay with their current teams, so I think Westbrook has a reasonableness shot at staying long term though. 
On a CBA note, I saw that Nate Duncan had Larry Coon on recently to talk about CBA rumors. That might be an interesting listen.

On a CBA note, I saw that Nate Duncan had Larry Coon on recently to talk about CBA rumors. That might be an interesting listen.
Yes, it was pretty good, aptly titled "new cba nerdout with Larry coon".

Many interesting tidbits including the possibility of making veteran extensions much more of a benefit to the players (right now they can only be 7.5% more than their current deal, I believe" and letting restricted free agents sign their deals right away.

also possibly expanding the draft to three rounds and having expanded rosters to account for d league players.

anyway, definitely cool for going through some of the nuts and bolts of the cba.

Welp, that Ilyasova trade made little sense on paper, and it looks even worse on the court. Holy crap.

Grant > Ilyasova imo although on this team he doesnt necessarily fit unless they plan on running and gunning every possession which could happen. 

Westbrook, Oladipo, and Grant are all clones of each other in what they do best (freak athletes who arent the best shooters), obviously all of them are on different levels however. 

I don't think many teams will fare well in Oakland on the second night of a b2b. I really hope we don't see Warriors Thunder in the first round of the playoffs. 

Well Ibaka played his heart out in the 'Peake last night to beat the Thunder by one.  From 6-1 to 6-4 over the last three games.  Oh, Russ with another triple double, 41pts, 16dimes. 

"They are who we thought they were..."

Users who are viewing this thread