What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Milwaukee Bucks thread - Now sponsored by Poblocki Paving (1 Viewer)

Eephus

Footballguy
After all the optimism entering last season, this seems a lot more familiar.

I'm hoping for the best but expecting the Bucks.

Antetokounmpo alone makes them more fun to watch than half the teams in the league.

Last edited by a moderator:
 Antetokounmpo .. bonafied potential super star  IMO.   And I  really like Parker as a nice #2 ..

But this team has no defense or inside presence. Injury to Middleton killed the optimism.  

If anything the Middleton injury will allow Parker to get more touches and see what they have in him potentially. 

they'll trade away Parker before the break for a pair of future 2nd rounders and 3 bench guys :(

signed,

a beleaguered Bucks fan

It's a big year for Parker.  I'll give him a mulligan for last year since he was recovering from knee surgery.  The subtraction of Middleton will give Jabari more touches but creates some spacing problems that will affect him, especially if Milwaukee can't keep defenses honest from long range.  Parker's 25% from 3PT ain't gonna cut it in the modern NBA.

His contribution will have to come on the offensive end.  He's a below average rebounder and defender.  He's young enough and smart enough to improve in both areas but he lacks an ideal build for either a 3 or 4.

oh god, this team starts Teletovic, a Plumlee and Dellevedova.  Steve Novak and MIchael Beasley on the bench, though.

Perusing the box score.  3-16 on 3PT is bad.  8 TOs is encouraging.  Maker, Novak and Snell were the scratches.  John Henson is on pace to earn $17,421 per minute played.  The 2015 draft won't go down as one of the deepest but Vaughn is doing his part to prove that.

I watched about a quarter of the game thanks to the League Pass trial.  What I saw was pretty ugly on both ends of the floor. 

Malcolm Brogdon was a bright spot.  Small sample size notwithstanding, he looked like a rotation guy which is pretty good for a 2nd rounder.  If he can develop his outside shot, he might exceed the high floor, low ceiling label that caused him to drop out of the 1st.

ETA:  awaiting SWC's nickname for Brogdon

I watched about a quarter of the game thanks to the League Pass trial.  What I saw was pretty ugly on both ends of the floor. 

Malcolm Brogdon was a bright spot.  Small sample size notwithstanding, he looked like a rotation guy which is pretty good for a 2nd rounder.  If he can develop his outside shot, he might exceed the high floor, low ceiling label that caused him to drop out of the 1st.

ETA:  awaiting SWC's nickname for Brogdon
Brogmigo

• Smile
Reactions: SWC
i did not even know that we had a basketball forum until they said so in the basketball thread but i support and salute ephus and wish him well in entertaining us with snarky filled ever changing thread titles sort of like the asphalt humor on the pablocki paving sign east of madison or at the abs sign north of madison basically madison is where it is at when it comes to great puns on a board using modular letters that is sort of what madison is known for take that to the bank brohans 

ps the bucks should just forfit when they have to go to detroit they stink on ice there brohans take that to the other bank

the pregame on fsn talked about what impact michael crapper williams would have on the bucks thiis year and i just happily laughed and had another sip life is pretty sweet sometimes bromigos take that to the bank 
now i feel pretty bad like maybe i gots the voodoo magic or something man watch out becauase swc will put a hex right on you and bam you go down but it ends up that the mri for mike says no damage to the ligaments and hes back in 4 to 6 so hey i guess the swc hex is pretty weak sauce take that to the sort of scary but nah really bank brochachos

you know what f it lets roll with brogmigo i like it and give it my blessing take that to the bank brohans

i am just making this post so that i have a five spot that is when you are such a loser that you post five time in a row with no one caring or responding bam swc for the win take that to teh bank 

Now that the League Pass freebie is over, I probably won't get to see this team except when they play Golden State.

They got a good game out of Tony Snell last night and Brogdon continues to impress.  The three-headed Center is underwhelming but I don't see much changing there.   None of the contracts seem movable and the Bucks don't really have the front court personnel to play smaller.

Now that the League Pass freebie is over, I probably won't get to see this team except when they play Golden State.

They got a good game out of Tony Snell last night and Brogdon continues to impress.  The three-headed Center is underwhelming but I don't see much changing there.   None of the contracts seem movable and the Bucks don't really have the front court personnel to play smaller.
They're still sorting out what they have (11 guys won't be getting 10+ minutes a night), but it's a real pu pu platter at this point.  I do think there is a move to be made for either a true starting C or a true starting quality SG.  What that deal is, I don't know besides saying that this might be one teams Noel would make some sense on.    

Noel would be a good fit but the Bucks aren't a good trade partner with Philadelphia because they both only have a surplus of bigs.  They'd need a third team to tango and it's hard to envision the third team taking on Monroe/Plumlee/Henson rather than Noel.  I think their best bet now is that a contender loses a center to injury and gets desperate for a replacement.

They'll probably have to be content with their current wing options in the short-term and hope that Middleton makes a full recovery next year.

Noel would be a good fit but the Bucks aren't a good trade partner with Philadelphia because they both only have a surplus of bigs.  They'd need a third team to tango and it's hard to envision the third team taking on Monroe/Plumlee/Henson rather than Noel.  I think their best bet now is that a contender loses a center to injury and gets desperate for a replacement.

They'll probably have to be content with their current wing options in the short-term and hope that Middleton makes a full recovery next year.
Well the longer he sits the cheaper Noel is getting.  They aren't matching him in RFA and will want some asset.  A part of me thinks some combo of Maker and a pick of some sort for absorbing one of the C and Noel makes a ton of sense for both sides.  

At the end of the day Noel is just a rapidly decaying asset for Philly and they're really only going to be looking at what the best assets are they can get back.  Maker at would at least reset the clock on the back-up C position and increase the time they have on making a decision (or more correctly seeing if Embiid stays healthy long-term) on who to pay.  

I don't see the club bailing on Maker after less than 5 min of playing time.  It would seem like an admission that their reach was a bust. 

John Hammond has been GM since the Joe Alexander draft in 2008 and has Antetokounmpo, Jennings and Larry Sanders to show for it.  I'm not giving credit for Parker at 1.02 or Tobias Harris who they acquired in a draft day trade but dealt prematurely.  It's not a great record.

tron master just hit two threes tonight no way they are trading him for noel now brohans take that to the bank and also nice game for brogmigo tonight to bam double bank taker bromigos

Comfortable win vs. Indiana is a lot more impressive than Brooklyn or New Orleans wins.  58% shooting isn't sustainable but productive offensive nights from Giannis and Jabari hopefully are.  Tony Snell has pushed Teletovic down in the rotation giving them another perimeter defender. 

I haven't seen an explanation for Henson's DNP but Plumlee and Monroe splitting the time w/out him seemed to work out well.  Monroe put up 16 & 16 and Plumlee didn't fill up the scoresheet but ended up +17.

This franchise has bigger problems than the 15th man but I don't understand the logic beyond Steve Novak.  He's a local hero and a great guy by all accounts but he hasn't played a minute.  If he's not going to see action I'd rather see the squad filled out by a younger guy with some potential.  Novak's role is redundant with Teletovic and (for tonight at least) Maker.

lets never bee smirch the good name of the brown deer bomber brohans that guy is a long ball assasin who lives in the dark caves of three land and who comes out only to read pablocki paving signs chuckle and then drain eighteen threes well only taking fifteen shots bam take that to the bank bromigos 

Played well against GSW tonight but couldn't buy a bucket when it counted.  Their ball movement stopped and they ran a lot of give Giannis the ball down the stretch.  I don't know how to match this team up against the Warriors' small lineup but I don't think Mirza Teletovic is part of the answer.

Never read this thread before, but do the bucks now have the money to sign Noel for $20+ for 3-4 years?  They're not really gonna give anything if not re-signing, right?

Users who are viewing this thread