What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** A J Derby thread (1 Viewer)

wikkidpissah

Footballguy
Just always wanted to start a player thread & AJ was the best player i saw this preseason and is one of the few college TEs whose name i made a point of remembering in my limited viewership and i wish the Pats hadn't traded him and think Den is a perfect spot for him and it won't be long before he is a fantasy TE1. So that's that

Adams?......Adamle?.....Adamowski?......Adamson?......Adler?......Anderson?......Bueller?......Bueller?......Bueller?......Bueller?...............Derby?

A.J. Derby has been on my radar since preseason and all three of my dynasty leagues since the Broncos traded a 5th round pick for him.  It was hard to ignore a team with a position of need giving up somewhat significant draft capital like that mid-season.  He looks to have completely supplanted Virgil Green and now needs to build some rapport with Siemian and trust with the coaching staff to see more high-value targets.  He had some clutch plays on SNF so hopefully he's on his way to doing just that.

I didn't watch the full game. Does he seem to be working himself into starting TE role there?
He's got Siemian's eye now, at least checkdown-wise. Redzone's still a ? but he sure had a nose for it in Pats' camp. Guessin we can hope for CJF-level production here on out. If Pitta or Cook is your Gronk back-up plan, i'd switch him out for Derby in a second.

wikkidpissah said:
He's got Siemian's eye now, at least checkdown-wise. Redzone's still a ? but he sure had a nose for it in Pats' camp. Guessin we can hope for CJF-level production here on out. If Pitta or Cook is your Gronk back-up plan, i'd switch him out for Derby in a second.
Sorry I was thinking from dynasty perspective. I wouldn't think he's worth much more than desperation in redraft. 

There are likely duplicate players
Different discussion but there are plenty of 32 team leagues without duplicate players.  I'm in 3, plus another 32 team league with duplicates.  It's a fun challenge but it does make for some weak rosters and changes your perspective a bit. 

Anybody desperate enough to play him? In a 2 TE league and 2 of my 3 TEs are injured: Jordan Reed & CJ Fiedorowicz. Screwed

Anybody desperate enough to play him? In a 2 TE league and 2 of my 3 TEs are injured: Jordan Reed & CJ Fiedorowicz. Screwed
Wish I had played him over Graham.  Now I'm considering him as a flex over Dion Sims, Rashad Jennings, Eric Ebron and Kendall Wright. :wall:  (need 2)

Broncos.com's Andrew Mason said the organization is "very high on what (TE A.J) Derby can do."
The Broncos took a shot on Michigan's Jake Butt in the fifth-round of this year's draft, but the rookie will be out until at least August recovering from a torn ACL. Even when Butt returns, Mason notes he is a different tight end that Derby, who is more of a glorified slot receiver than an in-line option. Considering how much the Chargers utilized tight ends under new OC Mike McCoy, there should be room for both even when Butt is healthy and ready to contribute.

Source: Broncos on YouTube 
May 20 - 9:39 AM

Anything to see here?
He's not having a solid camp- no buzz at all - not a lot of looks in games so far (2/12 yds). Talk around is he will be cut and Broncos will be looking at the other FA's cut this weekend to see if they can upgrade. There was talk that the Broncos were in the Vance McDonald trade rumors prior to his trade to the Steelers. They don't really have that great pass catching guy at TE that McCoy is accustomed to. I'd be watching his playing time on Thursday night for an indication as to what the Broncos will do. With Butts on IR and due back next year he certainly will be gone from Denver as a dynasty option. 

Users who are viewing this thread