What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gordon/Robinson Murray/ Montgomery Trade Advice (1 Viewer)

pjhathaway77

Footballguy
I'm thinking about trying to trade away Allen Robinson, I want to offer Robinson and Melvin Gordon for Demarco Murray and Ty Montgomery. What are your thoughts on that trade for me? If its way off base, what are some good targets in trades that involve Robinson?

I play in a 12 man league, we get one keeper from the previous year, that can be kept as many years as wanted and doesn't cost a draft pick, 1/2 ppr other than that standard espn scoring.

My team:

QB: P. Rivers, M. Mariota

RB: L. Bell, M. Gordon, M. Gillislee, M. Asiata, J. Charles, D. Lewis

WR: A. Robinson, M. Jones, S. Shepard, C. Beasley, T, Williams

TE: K. Rudolph

D/ST: Eagles

K: A. Vinatieri

I have wanted both Gordon and Murray this season, so I'm fairly familiar why you would want to do this trade. The problem you are going to run into with dealing Robinson is that nothing positive at all is being said about the JAX passing game. The bad throws, the drops, etc... So no one is going to View Robinson the same as a Robinson owner will, as crazy as it sounds some would have no interest in trading Montgomery for Robinson straight up, because no one thinks about the future, most are simply in a "what did they do in week 7 and who do they play in week 8 " mode.. Murray has gotten lots of carries, but I think he can hold up injury wise and he plays what is probably a better schedule against the Run than Gordon does.

The offer is fair and I see no problems with it on your end, Maybe you try and sell him on the Age difference between Gordon and Murray and than Gordon has plenty of keeper years left and right now looks like a first round pick in 2017 in most redraft leagues and has no one at all breathing down his neck to replace him. it's a one man show, no Henry behind him.

I would have a hard time moving Gordon this year. Clearly, he is a HUGE part of that offense, even when he's not running efficiently, he's still getting all the touches, passes, goal line carries. And I think A-Rob is proven, much more so than Montgomery. Id' keep what you have personally. Thanks for answering mine!  

Users who are viewing this thread