What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I picked up Arian Foster off of the Waiver Wire (1 Viewer)

dunecats

Footballguy
He helped me have some very successful years, including at least 2 championships.  I wanted him to retire as a member of my team.  It seemed like the least I could do for his legacy.  I just had to give up one of my farm spots for a move that will basically be of zero benefit to my team.

Anyone else do silly stuff like this with their team?

Aaron Hernandez - Available in 99.9% of ESPN leagues. Except for dunecats' league, and the free world.
I'm in a 53 player non idp league - at one point someone had a couple guys who passed away on his team, many in jail etc.  Chris Henry, Rob Bironas, Travis Henry.  He never kept them however.  Someone did hold on to Hernandez for a year while he was in jail/trial.  He actually was traded for a 6th round rookie pick.

I'm in a 53 player non idp league - at one point someone had a couple guys who passed away on his team, many in jail etc.  Chris Henry, Rob Bironas, Travis Henry.  He never kept them however.  Someone did hold on to Hernandez for a year while he was in jail/trial.  He actually was traded for a 6th round rookie pick.
:lmao:

Taking sleeper picks to the next level.

Usually at the end of every year, once I have my starting line-up set for my final game, I'll drop my entire bench (re-draft) and just pick up players I like/went to my college. Never during the season though.

My league is very big on league news articles during the season. Trades, signings (contract/dynasty league), potential draft pick visits and of course call outs prior to games and victory stories. Pretty much all tongue and cheek stuff.

I drafted LaDainian Tomlinson and rode his stats to a few championships. As his production dwindled I traded him. 

The year he retired I picked him off waivers. Made a story about him being a player/coach.

Needless to say LT did it for me one more time and hoisted the trophy at seasons end.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd think you'd be better off ordering one of those FATHEAD giant stickers of Arian Foster, putting it on your wall, and then drilling a hole in the middle of the sticker so you can really show him how much you appreciated him all those years.

I'd think you'd be better off ordering one of those FATHEAD giant stickers of Arian Foster, putting it on your wall, and then drilling a hole in the middle of the sticker so you can really show him how much you appreciated him all those years.
Or you could hang it up and bend his knee at a really awkward angle.

I didn't drop him. Because my team has no chance to win and  to drop him I would have to pick somebody else up which would cost me money. 

Also  seeing him on my roster is a nice reminder  for me to avoid players like him next year. 

He helped me have some very successful years, including at least 2 championships.  I wanted him to retire as a member of my team.  It seemed like the least I could do for his legacy.  I just had to give up one of my farm spots for a move that will basically be of zero benefit to my team.

I did it in 2010 when Gates was killing it for me early in the year. I kept him on my eventual Championship roster for that same silly reason.

I didn't drop him. Because my team has no chance to win and  to drop him I would have to pick somebody else up which would cost me money. 

Also  seeing him on my roster is a nice reminder  for me to avoid players like him next year. 
I ended up keeping Foster and dropping Ajayi in multiple leagues, so I feel your pain.

:lmao:

Maybe light some candles - watch some old highlight clips together.

You should do what the Redskins did for Sean Taylor and leave the RB position unfilled in Foster's honor for the first play of the game.

No, fantasy football is to cut throat most of the time. Like when Chris Henry passed and literally as I was just reading about it I saw two e-mails from different leagues where he just got cut. It's a fluid game.

My league is very big on league news articles during the season. Trades, signings (contract/dynasty league), potential draft pick visits and of course call outs prior to games and victory stories. Pretty much all tongue and cheek stuff.

I drafted LaDainian Tomlinson and rode his stats to a few championships. As his production dwindled I traded him. 

The year he retired I picked him off waivers. Made a story about him being a player/coach.

Needless to say LT did it for me one more time and hoisted the trophy at seasons end.
wat

I guess to be fair a lot of people still have Jamaal Charles on their team. And Foster has had a much better season than JC.

I cut him today and picked up Kapri Bibbs

Drafted Justin Blackmon in the 15th round of one draft this year, just out of boredom and because i somehow saw his name. Nobody noticed. Dropped him for another player the next day.

This thread made me think of one of my favorite scenes and quotes from Billy Madison:

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Several years ago I was in a league that didn't have a waiver wire so there was no reason to "cut" anybody (deep draft and active trading kept it from getting stale). 

There was exactly one request ever made to cut a player and the request was granted by the Commish: Rae Carruth. Totally unnecessary, but the guy wanted to make a statement. Nobody had a problem with it. 

The team with Jimmy Graham won the championship 4-5 (me 2x) years in a row.  I picked him up last year and put him on my bench for week 1 of the playoffs, I lost by about 80.

I once dropped Josh Scobey and picked up Josh Scobee.
A couple years ago dude with the 1.01 was so excited about pulling 1st overall that he drafted the wrong Adrian Peterson (CHI).  We almost made him stick to it, but we didn't want to lose a league member on draft day. 

;)  

Where are the measurables man?  Without knowing the yardage of the sandwich, complimentary ingredients, consumption time or what condiments were used, this post is just worthless. :o  
What league is this where we draft sandwiches? I'm in. My starters:

Cheesesteak (PHI)

Po'Boy (NO)

Grilled Reuben (NYG)

Beef on Weck (BUF)

Grilled Cheese - Sharp White Cheddar (GB)

Lobster Roll (NE) in the flex.

Fried peanut butter, bacon, and banana (Elvis' fave) (TN)

Cuban (MIA) -- the kicker, of course.

Croque Madame -- for Goodell's international game expansion

What league is this where we draft sandwiches? I'm in. My starters:

Cheesesteak (PHI)

Po'Boy (NO)

Grilled Reuben (NYG)

Beef on Weck (BUF)

Grilled Cheese - Sharp White Cheddar (GB)

Lobster Roll (NE) in the flex.

Fried peanut butter, bacon, and banana (Elvis' fave) (TN)

Cuban (MIA) -- the kicker, of course.

Croque Madame -- for Goodell's international game expansion
Dude - I drafted the Reuben with my 1.04 pick, and it was a steal of the draft at that value. Talk about potential to be the #1 overall sammich. 

You need to start crossing players off your draft sheet. Sheesh. 

Dude - I drafted the Reuben with my 1.04 pick, and it was a steal of the draft at that value. Talk about potential to be the #1 overall sammich. 

You need to start crossing players off your draft sheet. Sheesh. 
You're lucky -- I was literally scrambling after my Bacon, Egg, and Cheese on a Kaiser Breakfast sandwich blew an MCL (the mayo/catsup/lettuce ligament) and had to trade away a Pittsburgh Primanti, a Patty Melt, and a Chicken Parm hero to land Reuben. 

But that was last year. Now that his saurkraut is limp and ineffective, I can't trade him away for a bag of chips. 

I was laughed at after taking the Chicago style hotdog at 1.07

look who's laughing now 

Drafted Micheal Sam as a tight end, but it turns out he wasn't one.  Who knew. 
Am I the only who chuckled out loud when he read this? Nice one!

FWIW, Leroy Hoard gets drafted among the last picks ever year in my league of 24 years. No idea why but it's been a running gag forever.

Users who are viewing this thread