What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Devontae Booker trade (1 Viewer)

jherman88

Footballguy
I'm in a 10 team PPR keeper league (we roster 17 players).   I've been trying to pickup Devontae Booker via trade and this is the current offer i've got:

I'd trade:

- Dwayne Washington
- my 4th round pick 

I'd get in return:

- Devontae Booker
- his 10th round pick

Here's my current roster:

Matt Ryan, Deandre Hopkins, Jarvis Landry, Demaryius Thomas, Jimmy Graham, Devonta Freeman, Tevin Coleman, Jeremy Hill, Jerrick McKinnon, Dion Lewis, Ryan Mathews, Jordan Howard, Dwayne Washington

I've got a lot of RBs, and two weeks ago before Jordan Howard went south i wouldn't have been so keen on trading for another one...but all in all most of my RBs are just too inconsistent (and i have no idea how Dion Lewis will be when he gets back).  Booker would also be keeper eligible (drafted after the 3rd round) for me so there's that added bonus.

So is this a good trade?  Or is a 4th round pick too steep for an unproven commodity?  (i've got zero problem parting with Washington...i'm tired of waiting on him).

Thanks for looking!

I lime Booker and think he will be the next great Denver RB, but let me play devil's advocate.  If he's not (only the one good game really) he's not much more than Washington.  Then you'd be trading your 4th for a 10th.  To me, that seems steep.  Especially since I'd think you'd still get the trade after this week to get a better idea.  Your more in the drivers seat with your 4th round pick than he his with Booker.  Don't let him tell you otherwise.

I would do this trade in a heart beat.  With CJA done for the year Booker will have no competition for carries and Denver has shown they can run the ball well this year.  Booker is the Denver RB of the future as he was the front office pick and the coaching staff had been giving him a bigger chunk of touches as the season was going on.  This is an easy accept to get Booker, but I am not so sure the other guy will be so quick to jump on it.  I am guessing he will want more.

That is an easy accept for me.  Booker was the better prospect and now injury has opened the door to be a primary ball carrier.  We don't know that Washington will ever get the chance to be the guy.  I would be all over this deal.  

Users who are viewing this thread