What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Melv Gordon/Dion Lewis and a 2nd for Dez and a 1st (1 Viewer)

DirtyCashDylan

Footballguy
How'd I do? 12 ppr dynasty QB/3wr/2rb/1te/1wr-rb 10 bench spots.

I sent Melvin Gordon, Dion Lewis and a 2nd rounder for Dez, DGB and a 1st (probably mid round)

Now, my team looks like:

Luck/Jameis

Evans/Nuk/Dez/Lockett/DGB/Tyreek Hill/Perriman/Treadwell/Kevin White

Doug Martin/Booker/Duke Johnson/Gillislee/McKinnon/Dw Washington/Rob Kelley

Vernon Davis/Ladarius Green

Vinatieri

Philly

How'd I do? Feels like I gave up a lot for Dez but I was hurting at WR3. Hated giving up Melvin Gordon but his numbers seem unsustainable and Dion Lewis is a Patriots RB who may or may not play soon.

I am not so high on Dez so I don't think I would have made that deal.  I would have shopped around a bit more.  I think there could have been a lesser priced WR2/3 you could have gone after that will do just as good as Dez.  You are paying for the name at this point.  There is no guarantee he comes back as the Dez of old.

I know people are screaming to sell high on Melvin Gordon, but once you get past the Denver game his schedule looks decent.  Yes, his TD pace will slow down, but he'll still score at least 3 or 4 more this year, and the Chargers offense is one of the highest scoring in the league.  

Gordon is also quite young, so in Dynasty I would not have made this deal to pick a WR that has had a broken bone two years in a row.

Users who are viewing this thread