What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Once in a lifetime opportunity for my son today (1 Viewer)

chet

Footballguy
My 11yo son plays rugby and today will attend a clinic given by the New Zealand All Blacks.  They are in town for a match against Ireland next week and someone on the team has a connection with the All Blacks.  There will be 10 All Blacks there.  Great opportunity for him.

My 11yo son plays rugby and today will attend a clinic given by the New Zealand All Blacks.  They are in town for a match against Ireland next week and someone on the team has a connection with the All Blacks.  There will be 10 All Blacks there.  Great opportunity for him.
Remind him to proofread the thank you letter he sends to them :thumbup:

The All Blacks are the most dominant team in any sport right now.  They are riding a record 18-match win streak.

Don't get to watch rugby much anymore but when I ever catch the All Blacks on, I'm glued.

Saw them play USA in an exhibition last year and DOMINATED.  Really impressive and really cool your kid had this opportunity!!!!!!  :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
My 11yo son plays rugby
This is the most interesting part to me. How does this happen? It seem like we're simply geared for football, baseball, soccer, basketball, everywhere - and the occasional hockey, lacrosse, field hockey sports here and there. 

This is the most interesting part to me. How does this happen? It seem like we're simply geared for football, baseball, soccer, basketball, everywhere - and the occasional hockey, lacrosse, field hockey sports here and there. 
chet bought a league

Hey Chet that's awesome. 

The All Blacks have a long history; they're the Yankees of rugby. Did you see the movie invictus? That was the All-Blacks South Africa played. 

Your son must be a fine player to be honored to meet these guys. Good for him and for you! 

Spent 2 weeks in new Zealand and 6 in Australia as a sophomore in college and played rugby with several ex professionals...got my ### handed to me but loved it.  

Looks like you used the good camera. 85 mm lens?
Those pics were taken with an 80-200 on a Canon 5d MkII.  I could have used my 24-105 but I left it at home and brought the big 400 2.8 for its reach.  I didn't think I was going to get up close and personal.

Here's a vid from the clinic posted at allbacks.com.

The game yesterday was incredible.  Probably the best victory in Irish rugby history.  

Here's a vid from the clinic posted at allbacks.com.

The game yesterday was incredible.  Probably the best victory in Irish rugby history.  
Leicester City wins the Premier League, Cubs win the world series, Ireland beats the All-Blacks for the first time in 100+ years, and then there's Trump.  What a year.

Users who are viewing this thread