What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Randall Cobb update? He playing Sunday? (1 Viewer)

smoker

Footballguy
any updates on Cobbs status for tomorrow afternoon?  

They didn't practice yesterday, tough to bank on him playing

The question is if he does how healthy or effective will he be?  Personally, I would rather he sit and get to a 100% with a missed game and given they've already had their bye week.  GB homers have any insight?

Last edited by a moderator:
He was limited all week and I bet he plays but we have no idea how effective he'll be. I've been looking around and there's no real info.

He's had 10 days off though and since it wasn't serious enough to hamper him on Thursday and he didn't do it in practice I can't imagine that it's too serious. 

Rotoworld called him "extremely limited" during Thursday practice and they didn't practice rice Friday.   

He was limited all week and I bet he plays but we have no idea how effective he'll be. I've been looking around and there's no real info.

He's had 10 days off though and since it wasn't serious enough to hamper him on Thursday and he didn't do it in practice I can't imagine that it's too serious. 
Good call on the 10 days and also noting that his injury was not one that occurred in practice.  However, what to make from Roto reporting "extremely limited"??  It's truly a GTD for me if he's active...my other option is Tyrelll Williams v DEN.  Luckily for me they are both 4:00 games but I;ll be beating myself up regardless of who I start.

Rotoworld called him "extremely limited" during Thursday practice and they didn't practice rice Friday.   
What you should make of "extremely limited" is that is not an official designation.

Reporters observe the first 10-15 minutes of practices that last 90-120 minutes. At the end of practice all reporters are given a practice report, which tells little info except Practiced in Full or Limited or Did Not Practice.

During that limited time of open practice the ESPN reporter there noticed Cobb was not engaged in any activity. He wasn't stretching or running on the side or engaged in drills. He was inactive. For 10-15 minutes. On Thursday. They didn't practice Friday and I have been unable to find out about today's walk through. They flew to ATL this afternoon. 

im guessing we will not receive any new information between now and 9:30 EST tomorrow right?   I can't risk a zero and my only other option is LaFell early in the morning.  

Huh, so what's the move here? I'm guessing 65% chance he plays.  Just can't risk the zero with no backup plan available by 4:00

Yes, but how effective will he be? 
That's the real question to ask. I will tell you with great confidence he is playing. What I can't say with confidence is he'll do well but I tend to think he will based on variety of factors such as matchup, 10 days off, and being well enough to at least participate in every practice this week even if limited that beats DNP.

He's gonna play. I haven't seen a single article or tweet to suggest otherwise and he practiced (albeit in limited fashion) all week.

I'm honestly happy they ruled him out early because I would've been ####ed with no one else going in the afternoon/night games.

Confirming out

.Randall Cobb will not play in Week 8(FFChamps) Cobb, who is suffering from a hamstring injury, is ruled out for Sunday's contest against the Falcons. In Cobb's absence, Davante Adams will see an uptick in his increasing target-share. However, whom will step up as the No. 3 wideout is in question. Ty Montgomery is expected to remain in the mix to garner some of the running back duties on Sunday, leaving Trevor Davis and Geronimo Allison to pick up the slack on the outside. For fantasy football purposes, start Montgomery and Adams with confidence in a juicy matchup with the Falcons.

Thanks man, I'm here  for your fantasy needs.

Seriously was just coming into this thread to own this mistake. Sorry. I don't own Cobb, maybe was not paying enough attention but I goofed this one, thought he was good to go.
No problem. :) I was just giving you the business. You are usually very detailed on things.

Coach Mike McCarthy said Randall Cobb (hamstring) will be a game-time decision Week 9 against the Colts.

Cobb has gotten in another week of limited practices, just like last week, but he doesn't appear to be anywhere near 100 percent. The Packers could err on the side of caution once again, moving forward with Jordy Nelson, Davante Adams, Jeff Janis, and Geronimo Allison. Ty Montgomery (illness) is also expected back, and he can obviously split out wide and catch the ball.

Source: ESPN.com
Nov 4 - 10:45 AM
any homers with inside scoop....it's a favorable match up, so I'd hate him to sit.  but, then again, I'd hate it worse if he plays only to aggravate his hammy on the first play and then be out.

TIA

Conflicting reports of if he'll be able to play this weekend.

FBG updates are saying he'll play

Source: Packers.com

Green Bay Packers WR Ty Montgomery (illness) was a limited participant in practice Thursday, Nov. 3.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

We think he'll be ready to go this weekend and his combination of receiving and rushing yards will vault him into borderline WR1/WR2 play.

However I just read this from Rotoworld which says otherwise:

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/346922/Randall-Cobb-not-confident-he'll-play-Sunday

Conflicting reports of if he'll be able to play this weekend.

FBG updates are saying he'll play

Source: Packers.com

Green Bay Packers WR Ty Montgomery (illness) was a limited participant in practice Thursday, Nov. 3.

[ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ [ FOOTBALLGUYS VIEW ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ] ]

We think he'll be ready to go this weekend and his combination of receiving and rushing yards will vault him into borderline WR1/WR2 play.

However I just read this from Rotoworld which says otherwise:

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/346922/Randall-Cobb-not-confident-he'll-play-Sunday
Ummm you have a ty mont news blurb there.....

I've got Dontrelle Inman as backup in case Cobb is a no-go. I did the Jeff Janis Experience last week, not really that interested.

He's a game time decision....I'm not starting him in ANY leagues regardless if he plays...I wouldn't trust him...Been there done that. Not worth the risk of him playing a few snaps,then sitting on the bench the rest of game after he tweaks something! No Thanks!!! 

Randall Cobb (hamstring) is active for Week 9 against the Colts.
There was not much hope Cobb would be active this morning, but he apparently showed enough in pre-game to get the green light. It is still very possible Cobb spends most if not all of the day on the sidelines, making him a very risky play. Ty Montgomery and Davante Adams are still better options. Green Bay declared Clay Matthews (hamstring), Jared Cook (ankle), James Starks (knee), CB Damarious Randall (groin), C J.C. Tretter (knee), DL Christian Ringo, and OT Kyle Murphy inactive for Week 9.
Honestly...  I dunno if I start him. Does Green Bay play games like this where they announce a starter but don't play him?

Damn..this news kinda screws me over.  I have davante adams over him in a ppr--and I think I might keep things the way there are there.   In another league--I had tyrell going over him (and I was hoping t benjamin would be out)--but now that benjamin is in--I'm not sure if I'll put cobb in over him.   I'm leaning tyrell but damn.  

Damn..this news kinda screws me over.  I have davante adams over him in a ppr--and I think I might keep things the way there are there.   In another league--I had tyrell going over him (and I was hoping t benjamin would be out)--but now that benjamin is in--I'm not sure if I'll put cobb in over him.   I'm leaning tyrell but damn.  
Not sure how that screws you over as you still have the same options. I'd stick with Adams and Williams

I'm in a similar situation.  My alternatives are bad enough that I'd take a chance on Cobb even if he's not 100%, but obviously not if I think he's just going to be riding the bench or maybe coming in as a decoy for a play or two.

decisions decisions...With both Cobb and Tyrell Williamas on my roster, I hedged and acquired Inman and Kendall Wright.  I think I'm rolling with Tyrell and Wright...not sure I'm buying on Cobb today.  Murphy's law suggests whatever he does will be feast or famine...You start him you are screwed,,,you bench him you are screwed...

It's still early obviously, but I haven't noticed Cobb on the field for GB on their first drive.

Randall Cobb (hamstring) is active for Week 9, but he has played zero snaps through two quarters.

It appears pre-game reports that Cobb wouldn't play were indeed spot on, but he is available for the game on an emergency basis. The situation is similar to Will Fuller's on Sunday Night Football against the Colts a few weeks back. At this point, it would be a surprise if Cobb played at all in the second half. Jeff Janis is working as the No. 3 receiver behind Jordy Nelson and Davante Adams, with Ty Montgomery dominating running back snaps.
Whoops, I thought I saw him on the field.

He's had one play now.  Ran for 2 yards, lost a fumble out of bounds.  Then the play was called back for a hold, so technically I guess he hasn't run a play yet...

Wonder how the "conditional lineup" guys handle that one...

Any news from GB homers on Cobb's status for this week? Looks like he has been limited in practice. 
Good call. News on Cobb has been quiet. With both Hilton and Cooper on a bye I'm eyeing guys like Cobb and Williams to fill in. Both have questionable tags, yet both seem to appear they will play?

Users who are viewing this thread