What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 9 Waiver Wire (1 Viewer)

Options based on early games:

McCown (watch news but if he keeps starting at QB is a potentially good pickup), Rob Kelley (looked solid in early game), JJ Nelson, Enunwa if dropped

Nothing huge at this point.

Tyreek Hill if he wasn't picked up for a bye flier last week. Becoming more of a consistent target and consistently doing well with those looks a few weeks in a row now.

West on KC an obvious one -- hope Ware is able to return quickly....

Gilislee looked solid if McCoy owners somehow didn't buy into him already.

Quincy Enumna if he was dropped -- the guy has been a value play all year and no reason to think he won't continue to be no matter who is under center.

Ted Ginn in CAR? Benjamin is the guy, but Ginn had healthy targets and may continue if CAR continues to right their ship.

Ebron back with a solid day, could continue going forward. Many were hesitant and wanted to see how he played coming back from injury, so may still be out there for bye coverage/stream purposes.

Smith was signed due to his knowledge of Kotters system. Same as Quizz was signed off the street as well.

The fact the Smith was signed off the street this week and got the runs in OT makes me worry that this is a situation to avoid unless it's Doug or Quizz playing.

Smith was signed due to his knowledge of Kotters system. Same as Quizz was signed off the street as well.
I went back and I was incorrect, Smith was signed last week, not this week. Regardless, Rodgers was signed and on the team for a month before starting. All I'm saying is that I'm bothered by how Smith hasn't even been with the team for 2 weeks and he was the go to in OT when Quizz came out. Foreknowledge of the system aside, it should've been Barber. Was Barber hurt? He was nowhere to be found this game.
Smith would be the play if I had to choose at this exact moment but I'd be nervous playing either. I don't think I'd blow faab or waiver priority on them if I can get either guy as a free agent after waivers.

I went back and I was incorrect, Smith was signed last week, not this week. Regardless, Rodgers was signed and on the team for a month before starting. All I'm saying is that I'm bothered by how Smith hasn't even been with the team for 2 weeks and he was the go to in OT when Quizz came out. Foreknowledge of the system aside, it should've been Barber. Was Barber hurt? He was nowhere to be found this game.
Smith would be the play if I had to choose at this exact moment but I'd be nervous playing either. I don't think I'd blow faab or waiver priority on them if I can get either guy as a free agent after waivers.
You own barber?  lol

You own barber?  lol
No no I didn't play him or own him. I'm just saying that based on his performance last week and the fact that he's been with the team since Sims went down and at least on the practice squad before that should've translated in him being in during OT, not Smith. But lo and behold, he barely played in the game and certainly wasn't there at its most important moments. It's just a bit confusing

I am very curious to find out if something more happened to Ingram than just a fumble.  Did Payton put him in the doghouse for the fumble or was there an injury we didnt hear about?  Is Hightower going to be the fantasy savior 2 years in a row?

I am very curious to find out if something more happened to Ingram than just a fumble.  Did Payton put him in the doghouse for the fumble or was there an injury we didnt hear about?  Is Hightower going to be the fantasy savior 2 years in a row?
It makes no more sense today than it did yesterday

Payton said after the game Ingram will bounce back

Chris Hogan

And every other offensive player for the Pats if not already rostered 

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a fumble.  Then Payton said it was a point of emphasis for Ingram.  Then gave Hightower more work than Ingram's had in his Saints career.

Tb smith.  sounds like jaquizz won't play
Yeah -- those sitting on FAAB are about to get handcuffing paradise: West and someone from Tampa.  I assume Antoine Smith, though Peyton Barber is there too.

ETA - Derrick Henry where available...

Yeah -- those sitting on FAAB are about to get handcuffing paradise: West and someone from Tampa.  I assume Antoine Smith, though Peyton Barber is there too.

Yeah you would think henry will start getting some more carries with the injury scare to murray 

gabes1919 said:
No no I didn't play him or own him. I'm just saying that based on his performance last week and the fact that he's been with the team since Sims went down and at least on the practice squad before that should've translated in him being in during OT, not Smith. But lo and behold, he barely played in the game and certainly wasn't there at its most important moments. It's just a bit confusing
His performance last week was one long run through wide open space.

any thoughts from the pool on paul perkins or kadeem carey?

I've got an opportunity to grab em now vs wait for wednesday waivers.  with quizz going down, gio is literally my only rb playing significant snaps next week that i know of.  martin still out, quizz went down, dixon still waiting.

others mentioned for the regular waivers are definitely better options for the weekly waivers, but i'm thinking for the grab now window.

any thoughts from the pool on paul perkins or kadeem carey?

I've got an opportunity to grab em now vs wait for wednesday waivers.  with quizz going down, gio is literally my only rb playing significant snaps next week that i know of.  martin still out, quizz went down, dixon still waiting.

others mentioned for the regular waivers are definitely better options for the weekly waivers, but i'm thinking for the grab now window.
Gio is on bye this week 

Doesnt sound like paradise to me. Nobody ruled Ware out next week yet and Smith on a Thursday night for possibly one or more weeks? Meh

And isn't Martin possibly due back soon? I would be hard pressed to spend a ton of FAAB money on any RB in TB right now.

That's true. But still, even if he is back Week 10, you'd be spending a bunch of FAAB money on a TB RB for maybe a week or so.
That's what it seemed like with Rodgers, with Martin supposed to be back after the bye. These recurring injuries don't bode well for long term availability. It's possible (just based on the recurring injury) that Martin is out for the year or most of it. 

That's what it seemed like with Rodgers, with Martin supposed to be back after the bye. These recurring injuries don't bode well for long term availability. It's possible (just based on the recurring injury) that Martin is out for the year or most of it. 
Well it seemed like talk last week that they were taking their time with Martin because Rodgers was playing so well. Now that he's hurt, maybe the Bucs push Martin to get healthy quicker.

1) Charcandrick West - With Ware dealing with a concussion, he's the only healthy back left.

2) Tim Hightower - Because Sean Payton is a moron, he's in line for more work over Mark Ingram.

3) Kendall Wright - Andre Johnson retired, Kendall Wright FINALLY maybe gets a larger share of the pie?

4) Tyreek Hill - He's passed Chris Conley on the depth chart and definitely has more juice. Might be a product of Foles but definitely a guy to roster.

1) Charcandrick West - With Ware dealing with a concussion, he's the only healthy back left.

2) Tim Hightower - Because Sean Payton is a moron, he's in line for more work over Mark Ingram.

3) Kendall Wright - Andre Johnson retired, Kendall Wright FINALLY maybe gets a larger share of the pie?

4) Tyreek Hill - He's passed Chris Conley on the depth chart and definitely has more juice. Might be a product of Foles but definitely a guy to roster.
Andre Johnson hasn't caught a pass in three weeks-- he has literally NOTHING to do w/ Kendall Wright. 

Andre Johnson hasn't caught a pass in three weeks-- he has literally NOTHING to do w/ Kendall Wright. 
To be fair his locker might have been next to Wright, cramping his style when he's doing his pre-game ritual stuff. With that extra room they can get a live chicken for sacrifice. Oh wait, wrong sport, wrong team

To be fair his locker might have been next to Wright, cramping his style when he's doing his pre-game ritual stuff. With that extra room they can get a live chicken for sacrifice. Oh wait, wrong sport, wrong team

Thank you for the voice of reason.
Some numbers... This is Week 7

Player

Team

Position

Started

Total Snaps

Off Snaps

Off Snap Pct

Def Snaps

Def Snap Pct

ST Snaps

ST Snap Pct

19-T.Sharpe

TEN

WR

NO

84%

0%

0%

18-R.Matthews

TEN

WR

NO

67%

0%

0%

13-K.Wright

TEN

WR

NO

51%

0%

0%

81-A.Johnson

TEN

WR

YES

34%

0%

0%

87-M.Mariani

TEN

WR

NO

3%

0%

34%

83-H.Douglas

TEN

WR

NO

0%

0%

0%

Now, I don't have the Week 8 numbers, but Andre Johnson was on the field for 34% of the offensive snaps. Let's assume he had a similar Snap % for week 8. Now, he's gone. Someone has to get the lion's share of that snap percentage. Harry Douglas? Mariani? Or maybe Wright sees a higher snap percentage and goes from a rotational WR to a guy who sees maybe 70%+... the guy who was a former #1 receiver becomes a starting WR maybe? With Mariota's soft fantasy schedule down the stretch? Even with a "Exotic Smashmouth" run-heavy team, I think I want some of that chance...

Funny--the Ingram owner actually dropped Hightower this week to pick up Zach Zenner, then yesterday happened. Unfortunately for me I am down near the bottom 1/3 of the waiver priority list. With no David Johnson, I am stuck with either TJ Yeldon or a hail mary from the waiver wire as a starting back.

Antone Smith? I think he was mentioned....

JJ Nelson. Named a starter today. Jaron Brown has a torn ACL, Michael Floyd sucks, John Brown has health issues from time to time with the sickle cell trait.

11 catches on 19 targets the last two weeks. 2 Touchdowns.

Users who are viewing this thread