What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

whats up with Geno Atkins? (1 Viewer)

BuckeyeChaos

Footballguy
so I bought in this off season after reading how he was beasting and seemed fully recovered. so far I've been pretty unimpressed, today's output nonwithstanding. any input on this would be appreciated.

The guy is a beast, he is double teamed regularly and there are other very good players on that line. Plus he is a DT which is the lowest scoring position in my league. 

what Claymaker said...

The one league where I have him we get points for QB hits which is nice...he has 11 of those so far this year.

He is a beast but everyone knows it so he commands double and triple teams.  He also seems to be rotating out a bit more than in the past but that could be helpful if it keeps him fresh. 

The real big difference for him this year as opposed to previous years is that his tackle numbers seem to be down so if he isn't getting a sack he isn't getting anything. 

It's just the nature of the position.  If he gets a sack he helps quite a bit otherwise he is most likely a goose egg.  High variance position.

Users who are viewing this thread