What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 9 IDP News/Updates (1 Viewer)

Chasers Dawg

Footballguy
"Last Updated Sun @ 11:30 EST"

Tyrann Mathieu Ari S out 3 to 6 weeks with shoulder injury

Jamie Collins NEP LB traded to Cle (Mingo, Van Noy, Roberts ??)    From Flores:

"As a group, it’ll be Elandon, it’ll be (Dont’a) Hightower. It’ll be a myriad of players who will come in and try to fill that spot, fill his positions, fill his roles. It won’t be just one guy. It won’t just be E-Rob, it will be a group of guys.”    
Barry Church Dal S out 3 to 6 weeks with fractured arm ( Wilcox ??)

Claiborne Dal CB out 4 to 6 weeks  Groin

Jatavis Brown SDC LB Knee out 1/2 weeks (Week 11 bye)

Perryman SDC ILB Hamstring has not practiced all week, Very doubtful. Toomer/Perry

CJ Mosley Bal LB healthy  Orr dip in #s ??

Cam Heyward Pit DE hamstring  back in practice  probable

Damontre Moore FA DE signs with Seahawks

Chancellor and Bennett OUT

Williams Buf DB to I/R Blanton or Duke Williams ??

Mike Adams Ind SS  OUT  Farley ??

Kendricks Min LB  Concussion  OUT

Talib (Hamstring) and Webster (Back)   Den CBs OUT

Ellerbe NOS LB Quad OUT  Stupar

Last edited by a moderator:
If NFL sack leader is Lorenzo Alexander is kept out for his hamstring issue...  Buffalo's first round pick Shaq Lawson is a wonderful filler. He had a sack in Alexanders place.

Perry Riley starts at MLB for Oakland and puts out minuscule points again.

Very odd considering he is playing nearly 100% of snaps.

BAL LB CJ Mosley will be back this week. Zach Orr value may take a slight dip.

In case anyone missed it  >>> Marcel Dareus finally returned to the NFL field impressively with 4 total tackles and 1 sack.

BigSteelThrill said:
In case anyone missed it  >>> Marcel Dareus finally returned to the NFL field impressively with 4 total tackles and 1 sack.
I dropped Gerald McCoy and picked up Dareus an hour before kickoff and it worked out well. He should be fresh for at least the next few games, which makes me hopeful that he'll be solid for the playoffs.

BUF DB Aaron Williams to IR. Season over. Blanton should take over. However, Duke "I've played just 2 snaps in the last two weeks to Blanton's 102" Williams is listed as the starting S on the Bills unofficial depth chart. C'mon Rex...

Chargers ILB Denzel Perryman (hamstring) is expected to miss Week 9, and require "weeks" of rest.
According to the Union-Tribune San Diego, Perryman will probably remain sidelined until after the Chargers' Week 11 bye. It's a big blow for a defense that has quietly come on since Joey Bosa got cooking. The Chargers were already woefully thin at inside linebacker. A veteran free agent signing is a possibility.

Chargers ILB Denzel Perryman (hamstring) is expected to miss Week 9, and require "weeks" of rest.
According to the Union-Tribune San Diego, Perryman will probably remain sidelined until after the Chargers' Week 11 bye. It's a big blow for a defense that has quietly come on since Joey Bosa got cooking. The Chargers were already woefully thin at inside linebacker. A veteran free gent signing is a possibility.
Who will benefit with Perryman out and Jatavis Brown out too (Is it confirmed?) .. 

Toomer OR Joshua Perry? Whom to pick up in Waiver Wire? Even Melvin Ingram is available !! Who gets a boost !

Bappa said:
Who will benefit with Perryman out and Jatavis Brown out too (Is it confirmed?) .. 

Toomer OR Joshua Perry? Whom to pick up in Waiver Wire? Even Melvin Ingram is available !! Who gets a boost !
Perryman was forced to leave Week 8's game because of a hamstring issue, and it appears to be lingering, as Gehlken's report indicates that Perryman could be out until after the Chargers' bye in Week 11. As long as he remains inactive, expect Joshua Perry and Korey Toomer to see expanded roles with Perryman's fellow starting inside linebacker Jatavis Brown struggling with a knee injury.

According to Eric Breeze at Rotoworld, " Korey Toomer got the green dot after Jatavis left the game so look for him to be the every down linebacker if injuries keep both sidelined." It's not a great matchup for SD LB's with Tennessee currently 27th in pints allowed to the position and the SD offense maintaining possession more of late. But if I had to choose an SD LB to play this weekend, it'd be Toomer.

With Jatavius and Perryman out, I think Toomer and even Perry might both play 80% next week.  

If one were healthy, I think you see a platoon.  

SD is a danged trauma ward.  

With Jatavius and Perryman out, I think Toomer and even Perry might both play 80% next week.  

If one were healthy, I think you see a platoon.  

SD is a danged trauma ward.  
I'm going to agree with you about Addae.  If he plays behind that group of LBs, he may be in line for a big tackle total.

San Diego Union-Tribune reporting the Chargers have moved Kyle Emanuel inside linebacker. This is becoming a situation to steer clear from. I would expect his snaps to come at the expense of Perry, but the deal smacks of the SF linebacker mess. Ingram is the only shoe-in for snaps, but he won't get you many tackles. Play in this pond at your own risk.

Nice stuff in here.

This is the strongest the IDP forum has been in a couple years. 

We need more Tick in here

It may have gone unnoticed as he didnt start and played only about 25% of the plays with no tackles...

Demarcus Ware is back and healthy for Denver.

Vikings MLB Eric Kendricks didn't practice on Wednesday, reportedly experienced concussion symptoms the day following the Monday Night game. Questionable availability for this Sunday.

Vikings MLB Eric Kendricks didn't practice on Wednesday, reportedly experienced concussion symptoms the day following the Monday Night game. Questionable availability for this Sunday.
Today and Friday are the key practice days.  With him having just played on Monday, Friday would have more weight.

Kwon Alexander went out with a shoulder injury. If it's serious we could see the rebirth of David's value. 

He came back in, and recorded 2 assists.  Less effective than earlier, but didn't show any lingering effect on a goal line stuff (that probably should have been his tackle...).

Am I missing it, or does FBGs not have any idp projections up, 20 minutes before kickoff?
I think they didn't have the direct link on the weekly content page, but if you went to any of the other positions' projections, you were able to use the drop-down to get them.  I had to do that earlier this afternoon.

Any news on if Matthias Farley will do anything in Mike Adams' absence?   Initially I heard he would be the replacement but now I'm hearing T.J. Green could slide over from the backup FS spot to man the SS spot.

This week's tilt against GBP could yield a good number of tackles and pass breakup opportunities and I'm struggling to find good safety play.

Kwon Alexander went out with a shoulder injury. If it's serious we could see the rebirth of David's value. 

He came back in, and recorded 2 assists.  Less effective than earlier, but didn't show any lingering effect on a goal line stuff (that probably should have been his tackle...).
His replacement had 6 solos wtf in going on in TBB?

Deep leagues only - Cowboys named second-year LB Damien Wilson as the new starter at SAM. I know. I know. SAM. But he has had 3 solos in limited action in each of their last two games. A converted safety, he led the Golden Gophers in tackles his senior year in 2014. Missed games his rookie year after getting shot in the eye with a paintball gun. Clearly didn't learn anything from watching A Christmas Story, but he's good to go again this year. Just something to keep an eye on...

That didn't take long - Danelle Ellerbe OUT again (as is Laurinaitis). Fire up Stupar if you still got 'em. SF is both LB and tackle friendly.

That didn't take long - Danelle Ellerbe OUT again (as is Laurinaitis). Fire up Stupar if you still got 'em. SF is both LB and tackle friendly.
Dang me.  Was really looking forward to running Shaq Lawson this week. But Buffalo isn't until Monday.

Decision to be made...

• Stupar
  • Lawson
  • Blanton
Currently have slotted Stupar. Last 4 games = 28 tackles 1int, 1ff 1fr.

For those who play on NFL.com and have not seen the information, brandon graham has switched from LB to DL, huge boost for his value.

Users who are viewing this thread