What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How many kids do you have? (1 Viewer)

How many kids do you have?

Votes: 53 19.3%

Votes: 45 16.4%

Votes: 105 38.2%

Votes: 52 18.9%

Votes: 11 4.0%

Votes: 6 2.2%
  • 6 or more I'm stupid

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters

Otis

Footballguy
Sitting here at the hospital awaiting another Otis family addition and got me to thinking, since this place is a bunch of old dudes, about how many kids the average FFAer has.

Whatcha got? 

Last edited by a moderator:

i prefer the terminology "childfree" rather than childless.  my wife and i are also the wacky dog people who treat the critters like people.

Congrats!

We have two, a 7 year old boy and a 6 year old girl.  I told my wife on our first date I never wanted kids and now I couldn't imagine life without them.

How many for you now oats? 3?
This will be 3.  All girls.  Undoubtedly the Universe's revenge on old Oats for past transgressions.

We may even target a 4th at some point.  Out of mostly sheer stupidity.  

The common theory on whether you have a boy or a girl often comes down to whether your wife has an orgasm.  An orgasm during conception results in a boy and no orgasm results in a girl. 

1 kid here.   I wanted 2, but have accepted that's not happening, and I'm not very disappointed.  Our guy is at an age now where he isn't a ball and chain.  seeing our friends & relatives with 2 just confirms we are making a good decision. 

This will be 3.  All girls.  Undoubtedly the Universe's revenge on old Oats for past transgressions.

We may even target a 4th at some point.  Out of mostly sheer stupidity.  
Why a 4th?? 

Anyhow, congrats 

14, 12, 9.

I can't wait for the oldest to be driving age so he can cart around the younger ones to all their sports and ####.

i hope that mom and baby are healthy and congratulations to you and your family brohan take that to the bank 

Why a 4th?? 

Anyhow, congrats 
Actually, it has nothing to do with the "we don't have a boy yet" thing.  I suppose that would be nice to have the mix, since that's what people usually angle for, but honestly, Otis is built as a much better girl dad than a boy dad, and I enjoy it.  And it would be pretty cool to have 4 girls.  So, if we aim for a 4th, it would be fully intending to have a 4th girl.  (These days it's easy enough to go and engineer a boy -- we've had friends do that -- so it's not like we couldn't if we wanted a boy enough).

It's more just about numbers.  Otis likes a party.  And once you get past this "lord it's miserable to go out to eat" phase when they're all young, I bet it's pretty awesome to have a big family.  I'd actually always envisioned 5 kids, but after dealing with our second, who's been a terror, I think we'll be lucky to survive to 4.  (And that won't even happen if #3 is anything like #2 was as a baby).

There are days every now and then when I think "you know what?  We're good."  But other than that, plenty of days where I think it would be fun to add 1-2 more.

TLDR: we're stupid.

1 daughter who'll be 13 in March.  I am with Otis.  I love being a Dad to a daughter.  Would have liked 1 or 2 more but got divorced when she was 4 and I was 40 and it just didn't work out that way.  No regrets though.  Her college is set.  Her nest egg is set.  Things like a car at 16-17 or a wedding?  Not a worry.  We get to take vacations and do things that large families likely couldn't.  So there are some advantages to it that you might not think about.

ShaqAttaq said:

i prefer the terminology "childfree" rather than childless.  my wife and i are also the wacky dog people who treat the critters like people.
Free children?  Don't tell my wife. 

4.. girls..  11, 13, 15, and 19..

I drink more
Jesus Christ.  I'm betting they were easier to handle than boys when they were younger but I'm hoping thier teen years will be easier to deal with than all the drama that comes with 4 teen girls in the house 

Girls, 8, 6, 4 months. Went for a boy. All done now. 

Girls at this age are soooooo much better. Not looking forward to teen years. 

Jesus Christ.  I'm betting they were easier to handle than boys when they were younger but I'm hoping thier teen years will be easier to deal with than all the drama that comes with 4 teen girls in the house 
There is a fight over clothing in my house...every....single....morning.

Users who are viewing this thread