What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 10 Waiver Wire GEMS (1 Viewer)

Before today's game I thought the Packers were happy moving along with Montgomery at RB. They really didn't end up using him as much as I thought they would though. Reports from this morning were that they were expected to sign Joquie Bell on Monday. May be worth a speculative add if you have a wasted space on your roster.

Wire is devoid of anything close to 'season saving' in my league ....

while i sit on the #2 position for another week-- guys at the back 1/2 continue to pick up 1 and two week plugs.

Kind of frustrating. 

Seem to be at the point of the season where there may be no more true gems. Dion Lewis may still be, but jury's still out in terms of whether he can return to form after yet another meaningful injury.

Ertz and Ebron if they are still out there -- should have value as streamers for matchups.

Marquise Lee has been performing solidly for a few weeks now in terms of targets. 

Seem to be at the point of the season where there may be no more true gems. Dion Lewis may still be, but jury's still out in terms of whether he can return to form after yet another meaningful injury.

Ertz and Ebron if they are still out there -- should have value as streamers for matchups.

Marquise Lee has been performing solidly for a few weeks now in terms of targets. 
I think Ebron might have actually moved in to every week TE1 status going forward. 

I think Ebron might have actually moved in to every week TE1 status going forward. 
Ebron was a solid pick last week, definitely moving up to must-have this week.

Rishard Matthews could have WR3 numbers vs. Green Bay.

JJ Nelson was dropped because of bye week...could have a good game against the disaster that is the 49ers defense.

Chris Ivory is still out there in a couple of my leagues if you're desperate.

while i sit on the #2 position for another week-- guys at the back 1/2 continue to pick up 1 and two week plugs.

Kind of frustrating. 
In my keeper league this is the first year we moved to a FA system where you get to "keep your spot" over multiple weeks if you don't pick anyone up when waivers run.

I thought I would be a lot more careful about adding FA's as I tried to move up the list and get that season changer, but I haven't done that and I haven't once regretted it either. The only season-changer I can think of that was available was when someone dropped Ajayi the week before his breakout game. So at that point he was far from a must-add when someone picked him up anyway.

Meanwhile, I've been able to make all the moves I want without worrying about how it will hurt my waiver order #. Obviously getting a season-changer is great but there's also a lot to be said for having the flexibility to pick up quality players for bye weeks, as well as grab lots of "lottery ticket" RBs that may pay off down the line.

To summarize, holding on to that #1 waiver ranking doesn't seem to be all it's cracked up to be in practice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Possible late arrival by Eli Rogers?  Wheaton was a healthy scratch, Heyward Bey got injured, and Coates..ehh. 

Eli went 6 for 103 on 10 targets.

If Cecil tells us there's less than a 5% chance Bibbs takes over as starter, RUN to your waiver wire to pick him up...

Buck Bradcanon said:
Possible late arrival by Eli Rogers?  Wheaton was a healthy scratch, Heyward Bey got injured, and Coates..ehh. 

Eli went 6 for 103 on 10 targets.
I second the Eli Rogers vote. DHB on crutches and Coates dropping things. Someone other than AB has to catch the ball at wideout.

Kind of frustrating. 
Yep. I was in same position as #2 all season. Guy at #1 waited all season and used his on Knile Davis!  Been ongoing joke in the league now.  I used mine on Charcandrick West (I have Ware).   The one player that I was kicking myself for not grabbing was Cameron Meredith... not really feeling so bad about it anymore!

I'm finally rolling with a hail mary for Ladarius Green for this reason... doesn't have to be activated this week though. 
I think they will either activate him this week or let him sit the season out.  With DHB banged up they need pass catchers so it's now or never.  Eli Rogers is a good pick up as long as he's healthy but  JJ Nelson if available looks to be a more solid WR option for the ROS. Harris and Barber for RB's.

I'm contemplating spending some FAAB on Bibbs for even the smallest chance he possibly turns out. maybe 5-10% I have 54% left.

Writing is on the wall the guys.... Bishop Stanky FTW... Ware is still seeing tweedy bird circle around his dome and West looks like Priest Holmes with Mannings Neck injury.. Paves the way for Stanky to get the Call from Practice Squad.. its a toss up between El Stank O and Percy Harvin :)  What a headache 

I think Ivory is a great pick up if he's still on your wire.

He's a good between the tackles runner and needs volume, hopefully they keep feeding him. If they do, he could put up solid mid-low RB2 numbers.

If you're hurting real bad at RB I think he may be worth a high claim.

Last edited by a moderator:
12 team league, can roster 3 and only 3 RB's. Best ball. Asiata has done nothing for me since CJ went down. Also thinking of dropping C-Mike but will probably hang onto him for 1 more week, maybe. Ware is my other guy.

Ivory, Kelley, Martin (hamstring scares me but could be gold for ROS), Bernard, Harris, Barber, Bibbs, Perkins

That's actually the order I'd put them in priority-wise. Different opinions appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread