What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christine Michel droppable (1 Viewer)

Seems like it. I was surprised they didn't even try to use him to grind out the clock. Wonder if Prosise starts against NE but the running game is worthless if they don't even try to run. 

Holding. It isnt like the other RB's on the team got more carries. The Seahawks just didnt run the ball. 

I am a Michael owner in a small bench league and I am seriously considering dropping him, while holding Rawls. At this point, there's no way that Rawls (with fresh legs) doesn't get a legit shot at taking the lead role back (whether there will be enough carries is a different problem). The best case scenario for Michael is a timeshare and this running game is non-existent right now.

did Bloom come out saying to drop him in his weekly upgrades/downgrades? par for the course

Don't you guys know he's destined for probowls on top of probowls 

Last edited by a moderator:
I do wonder if Michael's really the problem... no commitment to the run, no run blocking to speak of.  Last night they didn't even try.

At NO, a team EVERYONE runs against, Michael was ripping off chunk plays and didn't get the rock.  Bevell wants to sling it all over the place, apparently.

I do wonder if Michael's really the problem... no commitment to the run, no run blocking to speak of.  Last night they didn't even try.

At NO, a team EVERYONE runs against, Michael was ripping off chunk plays and didn't get the rock.  Bevell wants to sling it all over the place, apparently.
I always thought the Bevell hate was misplaced (especially after the SB INT) but I'm wondering now.  Seen lots of questionable play calling.  Seattle's  OL is BAD at pass blocking, you have a QB with multiple injuries, and you're letting him take hits.  Just seems dumb, dumb, dumb.

I always thought the Bevell hate was misplaced (especially after the SB INT) but I'm wondering now.  Seen lots of questionable play calling.  Seattle's  OL is BAD at pass blocking, you have a QB with multiple injuries, and you're letting him take hits.  Just seems dumb, dumb, dumb.
Russell looked healthier to me last night... I think he's getting closer.  He's going to go on a tear down the stretch.  I found it especially interesting on several of those plays just how quickly he broke the pocket and ran.  As a Panthers fan, I really wish Cam would be more decisive like that.

Specifically remember one play (I think in the 2nd quarter) when it was 17-14 and Seattle was driving -- 3rd and 4 or 5... Bevell puts them in 3 or 4 wide formation and has everyone run downfield routes... by the time Wilson hit his back foot, he realized no one was open and the pocket was collapsing, so he just takes off, outruns one LB, and slides after picking up 8.  Cam has repeatedly just stood in the pocket waiting, waiting, waiting, then tries to spin out and gets tackled 12 yards behind the LOS. 

I digress -- it sure seems like Seattle doesn't trust the run right now... whether they don't trust the RBs or don't trust the OL or what.  Maybe it was game plan specific last night with Buffalo so tough against the run, but they barely even tried.  8 carries in a game they controlled most of the night?  Plus the week before, at NO, where they could've kept the ball away from Brees with the run... still slinging it all over.  I don't get it.

The writing has been on the wall for weeks about Michael.  Comments from SEA coaches that Rawls brings something different to the offense that they're missing, that C-Mike leaves yards on the field, and now his role has been diminished.  Once Rawls comes back in week 11 I think they are giving him back the keys to the backfield.  Read the tea leaves guys.  

The writing has been on the wall for weeks about Michael.  Comments from SEA coaches that Rawls brings something different to the offense that they're missing, that C-Mike leaves yards on the field, and now his role has been diminished.  Once Rawls comes back in week 11 I think they are giving him back the keys to the backfield.  Read the tea leaves guys.  
Except he hasn't set foot on the practice field, struggled to come back from a lower leg/ankle injury ALL OFFSEASON, and isn't in game shape, even if he has been rehabbing off the field.  Maybe Michael is the problem.  Maybe Rawls is the solution... or maybe it's not Michael?

Except he hasn't set foot on the practice field, struggled to come back from a lower leg/ankle injury ALL OFFSEASON, and isn't in game shape, even if he has been rehabbing off the field.  Maybe Michael is the problem.  Maybe Rawls is the solution... or maybe it's not Michael?
True...rawls is a big question mark.  But if he can come back healthy the job is his imo based on what I'm seeing.  

Actually I think they stopped handing it to him bc they feel like he leaves yards on the field.  lol  
When you look like you're "shot out of a cannon" hard to leave much on the field. If he leaves yards on the field it's because he feels bad for trouncing the other team so badly, it's his charity donation for the year

I picked up Rawls who way dropped in a redraft a couple weeks back and am feeling better about him with Michael losing touches before Rawls is back healthy.  I thought he and Michael would be splitting.  It could still be RBBC but they must not be feeling as good about Michael as I had thought.

I think it's pretty clear Rawls will be given every opportunity to take this job if and when he's healthy. Whether that means Michael is worth dropping depends entirely on your team and league depth. 

I think it's reasonable to drop when you look at that fact that they don't seem to want him to be the guy (based on the past few games) and Rawls looming.

OTOH, it seems like the only news about Rawls for months has been that he is expected back later than previous estimates and there's no real indication that anyone else will be the guy in Seattle.

So depending on your needs and league, Michael could be a reasonable drop or a definite hold.

As we get towards the end of the season think about what the situation would be that you would ever play him.  I doubt anyone that is starting him would be making a big playoff push.  Late in the season you are probably better off picking up the flavor of the week like Harris this past weekend.

I don't see any situation where I would want to start him.  So I would rather drop him and pick up either a potential late season star or a defense with good end of the season matchups.

As we get towards the end of the season think about what the situation would be that you would ever play him.  I doubt anyone that is starting him would be making a big playoff push.  Late in the season you are probably better off picking up the flavor of the week like Harris this past weekend.

I don't see any situation where I would want to start him.  So I would rather drop him and pick up either a potential late season star or a defense with good end of the season matchups.
:goodposting: bingo

Exactly this.

So glad in week 1 I traded Ajayi for him in dynasty. My 1-8 team has really needed that Rawls handcuff!

:ptts:

CowboysHomer said:
Not sure how they can say Christine is leaving yards on the field when they never hand it to him.
Never had a shot? He's averaging 3.7 ypc as the starter (87 carries for 321 yards) and his effectiveness has been getting worse and worse as the season wears on so its actually even worse than that over the past 5 games (67 for 215) at 3.2 ypc. Can you really blame the coaching staff for moving away from this kind of production and efficiency? No wonder they didn't even try to run against a decent defense.

It's so clear that they have no confidence in him after tonight and this is after enduring weeks of pain in the film room, not just a one week thing that some in here are clinging to in hopes of a rebound. His carries have gone down over the past month (18,16,10,5). That's a pretty clear trend that the coaches have given up and are moving away from him. They had the rookie Prosise in during the late 4th quarter run the clock scenario. Not only that but the coaches have said something is missing with Rawls out, not the typical coach speak that the backup, Christine is filling in admirably, etc. Rawls is supposed to come back week 11, but even if he is not effective they are already starting to give touches to Prosise (44% of touches) now that he is healthy.

Would it be too harsh to say that it's over? In short bench leagues he is so totally droppable. I might hang on in deeper leagues just to see how the Rawls thing shakes out, but man that would mean there are absolutely NO OTHER OPTIONS on the WW. I have Rawls on my bench as he is the highest upside option at this point.

Never had a shot? He's averaging 3.7 ypc as the starter (87 carries for 321 yards) and his effectiveness has been getting worse and worse as the season wears on so its actually even worse than that over the past 5 games (67 for 215) at 3.2 ypc. Can you really blame the coaching staff for moving away from this kind of production and efficiency? No wonder they didn't even try to run against a decent defense.

It's so clear that they have no confidence in him after tonight and this is after enduring weeks of pain in the film room, not just a one week thing that some in here are clinging to in hopes of a rebound. His carries have gone down over the past month (18,16,10,5). That's a pretty clear trend that the coaches have given up and are moving away from him. They had the rookie Prosise in during the late 4th quarter run the clock scenario. Not only that but the coaches have said something is missing with Rawls out, not the typical coach speak that the backup, Christine is filling in admirably, etc. Rawls is supposed to come back week 11, but even if he is not effective they are already starting to give touches to Prosise (44% of touches) now that he is healthy.

Would it be too harsh to say that it's over? In short bench leagues he is so totally droppable. I might hang on in deeper leagues just to see how the Rawls thing shakes out, but man that would mean there are absolutely NO OTHER OPTIONS on the WW. I have Rawls on my bench as he is the highest upside option at this point.
I do agree with some of this,I can't ignore the fact that the Seahawks offensive line is putrid. It's not all Michaels fault  Imo. They are getting away from the run because they can't block for crap,Wilson is getting killed and might just break a record for being sacked in a season.  Sure has Michael fallen from where he was in the beginning of the season, but I believe if this line doesn't get fixed no rb not even Rawls will do well.

I do agree with some of this,I can't ignore the fact that the Seahawks offensive line is putrid. It's not all Michaels fault  Imo. They are getting away from the run because they can't block for crap,Wilson is getting killed and might just break a record for being sacked in a season.  Sure has Michael fallen from where he was in the beginning of the season, but I believe if this line doesn't get fixed no rb not even Rawls will do well.
Last year when Lynch was fading, people said similar things about Seattle's line.  Then Rawls came in and dominated.

If nothing else, never discount the power of fresh legs at midseason...

I am a Michael owner in a small bench league and I am seriously considering dropping him, while holding Rawls. At this point, there's no way that Rawls (with fresh legs) doesn't get a legit shot at taking the lead role back (whether there will be enough carries is a different problem). The best case scenario for Michael is a timeshare and this running game is non-existent right now.
Fresh legs???? He's coming off leg injuries,and is out of football shape! I don't think he even returns to last years form this year! I think Posise has the most upside on Seattle.

Plus the Seahawks' schedule is pretty hellacious for RBs weeks 13-16.

The question you have to ask yourself, is what can you expect from him, and how does it affect your team and its playoff run chances......?

I personally dropped C.Mike outright yesterday in 1 redraft league. (10 teamer where we start 2 rbs, no flex)  I needed a bye week QB (have been rolling Carr).

My other RBs in said league are - Melvin Gordon/Kenneth Farrow, Jordan Howard, Carlos Hyde, Jonathan Stewart and the newly acquired Kenneth Dixon.

I personally feel like snagging someone like Kenneth Dixon or even Paul Perkins, basically a "flyer" that can actually seize a meaningful (startable?) role has a batter payoff.

Even if Rawls never makes it back this year,think about this for a minute.... what can you realistically expect from C Mike going forward...?  A time share at best with Prosise, who by all accounts looks decent considering he is just starting to get a little run.  C Mike got a grand total of 5 carries last week.  FIVE CARRIES.

Are any of you so desperate that you need to roll this guy out?  I would hope not. Sure there are extreme cases, but you likely have options that are just as good.

And wait, let's go back for a minute and think about Rawls again  who is likely to be back soon. No matter how you shake it, one can't reasonably expect C Mike to get any more than 8-10 carries tops now, and thats a ceiling. And the point is you should be able to find comparable low end numbers on your wire close to what you can expect from C Mike.

Even if you are a "C Mike believer" I just don't see how you can expect too much at this point.  If you were in one of those injury laden bye week emergency scenarios, what are you really hoping to get at this point...?  6-8 carries and hopefully a TD?

I say in most cases he is now droppable, and you are better off using that roster spot as a "lightning bolt lottery pick".

One thing I am doing in two leagues, is picking up Kenneth Dixon, and watching what happens intently tomorrow night, but leaving him on my bench.  THEN , if Dixon happens to get hurt tomorrow, or he just doesn't look like he is going to be used much in the future, I plan on cutting him Friday or Saturday . Then I will just pick up Paul Perkins and take another flyer on him Monday night and see what he does.

This is a way you can essentially acquire two different "lottery ticket" RBs in the same week. Cut the first if it doesn't look promising then snag the second over the weekend and see what he does as well.

The only way I could have done this in one league is by you guessed it....OUTRIGHT CUTTING C.MIKE.     

The bench spots are now at a premium, and I am doing everything I can to try and help possible playoff runs. Fortunately, we should get a great idea of Kenneth Dixon  and his potential future usage, tomorrow night against Cleveland. If he is trending up, looks good and gets more carries, I am holding. If not, I am quickly cutting bait and getting someone else for the weekend, which will likely be Perkins.

TZM

Yea, think I'm dropping this week. Prosise looks great as the featured back and with Rawls back either this week or next, I don't think Michael as any value. It also doesn't help that the ROS doesn't look good in terms of run D's.

Christine Michael Droppable? Seattle thinks so. But seriously, maybe somebody picks him up. Is more interesting to me now than he has been in weeks. Price is right if you can get him for free... He's failed miserably for Dallas and Seattle so far tho, so the him paying off is remote. Maybe in deeper leagues just to see who picks him up.

Christine Michael Droppable? Seattle thinks so. But seriously, maybe somebody picks him up. Is more interesting to me now than he has been in weeks. Price is right if you can get him for free... He's failed miserably for Dallas and Seattle so far tho, so the him paying off is remote. Maybe in deeper leagues just to see who picks him up.
Great news him getting dropped by another team, one or two more teams and I'm allin.

Users who are viewing this thread