What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel Week 10 (1 Viewer)

The ownership for the MNF players is always going to be lower in this slate because DFS players don't want to lock players into a cash LU that don't play for 4 more days.

I see what your saying Karma, I was just focusing in on tonights game because I have not finalized my cash game roster yet and that has to be done before tonight. I should have been more specific. 

I definitely think about the Monday night players. I actually like it better when there is nobody I like on the Thursday night game and someone I like on Monday. I think most people will then skip the Thur/Mon slate and just play Sun/Mon slate, which I think is an advantage to me. 

I think, like you, that most people don't focus on the Monday night game when they play the Thur/Mon slate. They focus on the Thursday night game. 

I already know who I am targeting on Monday night for my cash games. Eiffert Is way under priced on FD this week. 

The problem is I also like Smith at his price point. I don't care if Haden is covering him or not. 

I also like AJ on Monday. He is just like Julio and Evans, pretty much uncoverable because of the size/speed combo. One guy nobody is talking about, that i like also, is Hill. He has had a bye week to heal up some more. I think I read the Giants are giving up 4.4 yards per carry to RB's. I think he is getting overshadowed because of all the studs that are in good matchup this week. You put him in, and you could really get some stud WR's to go with him. 

OBJ is also in play as usual. 

I agree with Megla also, on FD you take a chance on locking in players for Monday because who knows what could happen in those 4 days. The guy could come down sick or whatever, and then your stuck with him. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Megla said:
I did put some GPPs in with MNF players but unless they are heads and tails above the other game players I just can't put that kind of money at risk by playing MNF
Point taken.  I think most of the movement I saw were on the riskier, 3x/5x/100person contests where people might be taking more risks on players like Graham and Woods. 

Interested in people's thoughts on Tyrell Williams this week? Going up against a mediocre Miami defense and possibly no Benjamin.  I think he's a decent cheap option for a TD.

LOL, week 9 just keeps on paying, got this tonight via email

Dear FanDuel User,

FanDuel has confirmed that there was a scoring error for last week's 1 PM only and Rivalry Week NFL game slates. Specifically, the Baltimore Ravens defense was incorrectly credited with a blocked FG at the time prizes were paid out. This was a confirmed error by FanDuel's stats provider. Please note that this was a unique situation and different from many late stat corrections as this was not a judgment play, this was a clear discrepancy.

As points for the Ravens defense were wrongly scored when those contests settled and prizes were paid out, FanDuel will be awarding the appropriate winnings to any users who would have won additional prize money with the correct scoring. If you are receiving this email, you have been credited additional prize money as a result of this scoring discrepancy.

Please reach out to support@fanduel.com if you have any questions. 

FanDuel

and sure enough a $1000.00 was added to my account  :wub: :lmao:

LOL, week 9 just keeps on paying, got this tonight via email

Dear FanDuel User,

FanDuel has confirmed that there was a scoring error for last week's 1 PM only and Rivalry Week NFL game slates. Specifically, the Baltimore Ravens defense was incorrectly credited with a blocked FG at the time prizes were paid out. This was a confirmed error by FanDuel's stats provider. Please note that this was a unique situation and different from many late stat corrections as this was not a judgment play, this was a clear discrepancy.

As points for the Ravens defense were wrongly scored when those contests settled and prizes were paid out, FanDuel will be awarding the appropriate winnings to any users who would have won additional prize money with the correct scoring. If you are receiving this email, you have been credited additional prize money as a result of this scoring discrepancy.

Please reach out to support@fanduel.com if you have any questions. 

FanDuel

and sure enough a $1000.00 was added to my account  :wub: :lmao:
So anyone with ravens should of made less money? Weird I didn't get an email. . . 

I'm not sure they are penalizing those who gained from the original change, just awarding those who the error hurt
Right . I had about 30% exposure . Did your games in your history tab update to the new winnings ? That's gonna be the only way I know if I made more with my volume of play . I never to seem to get their emails . . . 

Right . I had about 30% exposure . Did your games in your history tab update to the new winnings ? That's gonna be the only way I know if I made more with my volume of play . I never to seem to get their emails . . . 
No, my history is still showing a 5th place $1500.00 finish, the original finish was 3rd for $2500.00

Interested in people's thoughts on Tyrell Williams this week? Going up against a mediocre Miami defense and possibly no Benjamin.  I think he's a decent cheap option for a TD.
I'm in on Ty. Using him in half my lineups and figuring 12-16 points.

Alright....go ahead an laugh, but this is my Thur/Mon Cash LU

Ben-DJ-Sproles-Evans-AB-SS-Eifert-Sturgis-Rams

And my Rivalry Week Cash LU

Ryan-DJ-Sproles-Julio-Fitz-J. Matthews-Barn-Tucker-Ariz

We will see how it goes, seems like this has been my toughest week so far for LU building

:lmao:   I suck at the smaller slates, esp the Monday-Thurs gpps.  Try to get too weird.  I am currently 1160th out of 1176 in the mini squib I am in.  :lol:

My mon-thurs lineups all missed except a satellite to the Sunday million. Not quite megla money, but I'm excited for the cheap roll at some big money:)

My Oakheart Thurs-Mon entry for the week:

Dalton

D.Murray/Freeman

OBJ/AJGreen/JJ.Nelson

Z.Miller

Tucker

L.A.
A little late, but, here's mine, FWIW:

QB/ Flacco

RB/ M. Gordon - Sproles

WR/ OBJ - AJ Green - S. Smith Sr.

TE/ J. Reed

K/ Lutz

DEF/ N.E.

Flacco & Smith did well for me last night - we'll see how the rest do.

Not seeing a lot of Carson Palmer, seems like a solid spot for him to produce. Seeing tons of Ben, I have a little bit of him but I'm not seeing the monster game ahead. He looked rusty/hampered by injury and has had a week to either heal or knock off the rust, but I want to see it first. I think bell and Elliott will be grinding it out, and they won't be trying to throw it 40 times. Cards stack for me in a handful of cash/gpp. 

Not seeing a lot of Carson Palmer, seems like a solid spot for him to produce. Seeing tons of Ben, I have a little bit of him but I'm not seeing the monster game ahead. He looked rusty/hampered by injury and has had a week to either heal or knock off the rust, but I want to see it first. I think bell and Elliott will be grinding it out, and they won't be trying to throw it 40 times. Cards stack for me in a handful of cash/gpp. 
I think a lot of it is that people are so on David, Fitz, their K, and their D that looking at Palmer seems like a bit of overkill and oversaturation.  Like you, I have been staring at Palmer for the last couple days.  Looking at the implied total, the game predictor, the price, how terrible SF is, I am starting to wonder if the best move might just be to stack David and Palmer in cash and get your hands on all that scoring.  If I did that, I am not sure I would be rolling with the K and the D as well, but it is interesting. 

It might bite me, but I am not on Ben in cash at all, and I don't have a good reason for it.  I do think Dallas would want to, and has the players to grind it out.  Pitts doesn't need many chances to fly down the field though.  Torn on that one. 

Still playing with things, but right now I have my cash QBs narrowing down to Brady, Mariota, and Palmer.  Does give me a bit of pause when I see so many people on Ben instead of my guys though. 

HERE are the Fantasy Aces gpp% from their contest last night. 

Huge #s for David and Gordon this week as expected. 

Starting to think a lot of rosters will start off similar, as it really looks like the week to pay up at RB for a lot of people.  I would guess that means a lot of Gordon/Bell/David combined with a cheap QB stack - hence why Mariota, Cutler, and Dak are at the top of the list.   A nice contrarian play to stand out this week in gpps might be to find the opposite and try to find value at RB and load up at WR and TE somehow.  According to this link, some usually popular stacks are low owned on one or both of the players this week:

Wilson/Graham

Ryan/Julio

Cam/Olsen (I realize KC is great vs. TE)

Rodgers/Nelson

Dak/Dez

Dalton/Green

Winston/Evans

Going to start digging more into value RBs and see what is there.  Couple I had written down for this week as gpp plays that could free up a little $ to pay up at other positions: Sproles (of course), Kelley (5300), Stewart (6800), and Blount (6400)

I did this crazy lineup for the free NFL road to 51 gpp

Brady

Sproles Bibbs(or Procise)

Julio Evans Jeffery

Gronk

Crosby

Jets

@NixonMask whats your research show for vs AZ for the TE? (is SF TE +play?)

Chip's TE's usually get results, game flow and why wouldn't you roster a guy named Vance?

I agree with Karma. DJ should be the most owned, but the second guy could be more flexible. For Cash, it's not that big of deal to differentiate that much. I do think there are a lot of other RB's you could put in that 2nd spot. One guy nobody is talking about is Demarco. I just don't think GB rush defense is lights out. Plus he catches a lot of passes. 

I also think some of those other RB's may just outscore DJ this week. I know DJ is a great play. I just feel like he might not play in the 4th quarter at all, at least that possibility exists if they blow them out. You can do some more things with your LU's if you don't use him at that high price. 

The way I am looking at it is like this. Can the two RB's I pick give similar output as DJ and another one, and save me enough cap space to significantly upgrade somewhere else. If so, I am not adverse to going away from him. 

To me this is a little different than a "Value Chalk RB" like we have had the last few weeks. 

In a points per dollar idea, one of the big reasons you had to use them was because of the cap space they gave to upgrade at other positions. If everyone  played them, and they didn't go off, you still got the advantage of the extra cap space to upgrade at other spots, that the people who didn't play them didn't have. 

in DJ's case, if he goes off, and you don't have him, you still get the extra cap space to upgrade at other spots that the DJ owner didn't get. 

I am starting to confuse myself now. I just think there are a few RB's that could score as much as him this week, and at a lower cost. If that lower cost can benefit your team at other spots, i think you need to think very hard about doing it. 

I will be...............

Drafthorse said:
@NixonMask whats your research show for vs AZ for the TE? (is SF TE +play?)

Chip's TE's usually get results, game flow and why wouldn't you roster a guy named Vance?
Arizona, unfortunately, is the #1 defense against TEs this year Philadelphia is pretty close, but after them its a pretty steep drop to the 3rd toughest against TEs.  They allow a passer rating of 55.3 to the position which is 10 points lower than Philadelphia.

I really havent done a whole lot this week.  I have been checking the lines for another project though.  This week, like last week, the books like Jacksonville.  And unlike last week when they liked them to cover, they expect them to win.  If youre thinking about Houston defense this week I'd recommend something else.

I agree with Karma. DJ should be the most owned, but the second guy could be more flexible. For Cash, it's not that big of deal to differentiate that much. I do think there are a lot of other RB's you could put in that 2nd spot. One guy nobody is talking about is Demarco. I just don't think GB rush defense is lights out. Plus he catches a lot of passes. 

I also think some of those other RB's may just outscore DJ this week. I know DJ is a great play. I just feel like he might not play in the 4th quarter at all, at least that possibility exists if they blow them out. You can do some more things with your LU's if you don't use him at that high price. 

The way I am looking at it is like this. Can the two RB's I pick give similar output as DJ and another one, and save me enough cap space to significantly upgrade somewhere else. If so, I am not adverse to going away from him. 

To me this is a little different than a "Value Chalk RB" like we have had the last few weeks. 

In a points per dollar idea, one of the big reasons you had to use them was because of the cap space they gave to upgrade at other positions. If everyone  played them, and they didn't go off, you still got the advantage of the extra cap space to upgrade at other spots, that the people who didn't play them didn't have. 

in DJ's case, if he goes off, and you don't have him, you still get the extra cap space to upgrade at other spots that the DJ owner didn't get. 

I am starting to confuse myself now. I just think there are a few RB's that could score as much as him this week, and at a lower cost. If that lower cost can benefit your team at other spots, i think you need to think very hard about doing it. 

I will be...............
I get what you are saying, and we have this debate every week, but I think it might be more dangerous to go a against the grain this week and fade David.  FBG also talked about it a bit in their Wisdom of the Staff article. 

SF is just that terrible.  The average score for the RB1 against them over the last 6 weeks is 25.48 points.  Johnson himself put up a 30pt game already against them.  I just honestly don't see another situation where you can get yourself that high of a floor for your RB. 

I could be wrong, but I am guessing the other chalky plays are Sproles and Gordon? Is there any back that sees more touches overall and especially in the RZ than Gordon?  Sproles is interesting as probably the only cheap option that should get a lot of work this week.  I honestly don't know what his ownership % will be.  My guess is most people are paying up for RB this week, so he might be lower owned. 

Just like last week with West, if you think these guys are going to be sniffing 50% ownership, I think you gotta get them in there.  IMO it gives you plenty of options elsewhere to score points, but I think you want to rise and fall with the majority with these guys. 

I will just use Brady as an example since that is the highest I will spend at Qb in cash this week, but I was able to construct a couple LUs I really like with Brady/David/Gordon/Evans as my core.  Want a stud WR2 or better TE?  I had Brady/Sproles/David/Brown/Evans in a LU.  You could easily have more wiggle room going cheaper at QB too. 

Long story short is just like last week (not quite because this is the best RB in football going against the worst D in football, not C.West), I could see not being 100% on Johnson if you are doing a bunch of LUs, but If you are rolling out one or two, I think it's dangerous not going with David and probably one of the other stud Rbs that look to be highly owned this week - Gordon, Elliot, Bell. 

Right now these are my final 2 Cash LU's for the weekend.......

Brady-DJ-Gordon-JJ Nelson-J. Matthews-TyWill-Gronk-Catanz-Jax :loco:

Rodgers-DJ-Murray-Jordy-Fitz-TyWill-Kendricks-Catanz-Wash

I am not on Sproles at all on FD, not getting goal line touches hurts him big time, and .5 ppr doesn't help. I honestly could see the Eagles trying to pound the ball with Ryan Mathews this week, just to throw Atlanta off, especially if they get ahead. I don't think they will be ahead though. 

I think Murray is going way overlooked this week with all the stud RB's in good matchups. I hope Catanzaro doesn't just kick extra points the whole game. 

For some reason I feel a lot more comfortable with my FD Lu's this week than I do on DK. I don't feel like I have too many risky plays on FD (Nelson I feel like is) , not the case on DK. 

Going down to Cutler really frees things up for cash but every time I got cheap QB I get smoked. Something like:

Cutler - Johnson, Gordon - Evans, Jeffery, J. Matthews - Kendricks - K - Def

Whole lineup has high usage and good matchups. If you drop down to Wentz you can swap out Alshon for Jordy. Can also swap out Matthews for whichever budget guy floats your boat.

Going down to Cutler really frees things up for cash but every time I got cheap QB I get smoked. Something like:

Whole lineup has high usage and good matchups. If you drop down to Wentz you can swap out Alshon for Jordy. Can also swap out Matthews for whichever budget guy floats your boat.
:thumbup:  

I like your thinking.  This week, my early rough draft "No Pro Advice" lineup was:

Wentz -- Johnson, Gordon -- Julio, J Matthews, M Thomas, -- Ertz, Crosby, Cardinals

Now it's Saturday evening, and I have yet to be talked off the ledge of this Eagles super stack.  It seems like a viable GPP play, even after all the podcasts and articles I've consulted this week.

Mariota - Johnson, Gordon - Evans, Jeffery, J. Matthews - Kendricks - Lambo - JAX

This is where i'm at

I'm considering some 1:00pm-only slate exposure, as a way to escape the chalk at RB.

For example, removing Johnson and Gordon from the equation allows me to move slightly down at RB, and field top WRs:

Mariota - DeMarco Murray, Ingram -- Julio, Evans, Jeffrey -- Z. Miller -- Crosby -- Redskins

In general, is it advisable to stray off the main slate for cash games?  GPP?  This is my rookie year at DFS, and having fewer games available make me nervous.  Intuitively, it seems like with less options available, you really have to predict game flow with a lot more precision.  Much like investing in stock options... It's not enough to pick the right stock and right price direction, you also have to predict the timing of the move, with no wiggle room..

I'm considering some 1:00pm-only slate exposure, as a way to escape the chalk at RB.

For example, removing Johnson and Gordon from the equation allows me to move slightly down at RB, and field top WRs:

Mariota - DeMarco Murray, Ingram -- Julio, Evans, Jeffrey -- Z. Miller -- Crosby -- Redskins

In general, is it advisable to stray off the main slate for cash games?  GPP?  This is my rookie year at DFS, and having fewer games available make me nervous.  Intuitively, it seems like with less options available, you really have to predict game flow with a lot more precision.  Much like investing in stock options... It's not enough to pick the right stock and right price direction, you also have to predict the timing of the move, with no wiggle room..
I myself have not played a lot of cash game on these slates unless I see the right players that fill out a good solid cash LU. Not a lot of risk. I have done it twice this year and won both times. I do think there was a lot more overlap on players, with so few to pick from. I like doing the GPP in those small slates too, and that is what I usually do. I don't know off the top of my head what the cutoff in cash was, I seem to recall it was actually much lower. I will double check. 

Been totally out of pocket. Just now getting to look at things. 

Podunker, beware of Murray -- battling turf toe. He's playing and it looks like he's the only real option, but turf toe can be a real problem for a RB. 

Also, I think GB is going to obliterate the Titans. Rodgers, despite his up-and-down season, is my #1 cash QB. Fitting him in w/ the RB plays might be tough, but I think he's going to absolutely shred the Titans. Don't be seduced into thinking the Titans aren't one of the worst teams in the NFL b/c they were .500 at the midpoint. They're bad. 

Which likely makes Mariota a good play. He is not very good when he HAS to make plays, so they try to limit his responsibilities as much as possible. I don't see this being close in the 2nd half, which means he's going to have the volume. At his salary, he's probably a good play. 

The rest of the higher-projected QBs worry me for various reasons. Cutler is Cutler, no thank you. Wilson is too high. Brady probably has a big game, but his WRs really do suck and Seattle is Seattle. I think Ben is OK, but not great. Cam is so inconsistent and his OL is horrid. Palmer requires a stack w/ Johnson -- not outside the realm of reasonable, but atypical. Wentz -- nope. Dak may be OK, but I have a feeling he's going to struggle this week  

At RB, I like Bell over Gordon. Dallas is going to lose in Pitt I think. I believe it will be Bell who has the big game. Dallas is really pretty good vs. WR's. I think Bell tops 100 on the ground and gets a half dozen targets in the passing attack. 

Alternate RBs I like -- Forte is playing so well right now, $7100 feels like a steal. Ajayi is underpriced too. Sproles might be worth it @ his price, but feels a little risky. Howard might work as well. 

I am a homer, so take it for what it's worth.  Sure NE's wrs aren't great, but the last 2 times he played Seattle, Brady has thrown a ton.  I think he has plenty of weapons to attack the Seattle D which hasn't been great the last few games.  

I am a homer, so take it for what it's worth.  Sure NE's wrs aren't great, but the last 2 times he played Seattle, Brady has thrown a ton.  I think he has plenty of weapons to attack the Seattle D which hasn't been great the last few games.  
I don't disagree, but it wouldn't shock me if the game played below the o/u. Right now the implied score is 28-21, which suggests 2 or 3 Brady TDs. But Seattle can get after the QB and Brady, for all his greatness, regresses towards average quick with effective pressure. Given time he can torch any defense. He loathes pressure tho. That's what worries me with that game. I don't think it's likely to happen, only that it's a scenario I wouldn't be shocked to see. 

Been totally out of pocket. Just now getting to look at things. 

Podunker, beware of Murray -- battling turf toe. He's playing and it looks like he's the only real option, but turf toe can be a real problem for a RB. 

Also, I think GB is going to obliterate the Titans. Rodgers, despite his up-and-down season, is my #1 cash QB. Fitting him in w/ the RB plays might be tough, but I think he's going to absolutely shred the Titans. Don't be seduced into thinking the Titans aren't one of the worst teams in the NFL b/c they were .500 at the midpoint. They're bad. 

Which likely makes Mariota a good play. He is not very good when he HAS to make plays, so they try to limit his responsibilities as much as possible. I don't see this being close in the 2nd half, which means he's going to have the volume. At his salary, he's probably a good play. 

The rest of the higher-projected QBs worry me for various reasons. Cutler is Cutler, no thank you. Wilson is too high. Brady probably has a big game, but his WRs really do suck and Seattle is Seattle. I think Ben is OK, but not great. Cam is so inconsistent and his OL is horrid. Palmer requires a stack w/ Johnson -- not outside the realm of reasonable, but atypical. Wentz -- nope. Dak may be OK, but I have a feeling he's going to struggle this week  

At RB, I like Bell over Gordon. Dallas is going to lose in Pitt I think. I believe it will be Bell who has the big game. Dallas is really pretty good vs. WR's. I think Bell tops 100 on the ground and gets a half dozen targets in the passing attack. 

Alternate RBs I like -- Forte is playing so well right now, $7100 feels like a steal. Ajayi is underpriced too. Sproles might be worth it @ his price, but feels a little risky. Howard might work as well. 
Always great to hear/read your thoughts Tennessee. 

I have Rodgers going in one of my cash LU this week, yea the one with Murray, but it is still possible to play him and get stud RBs. I stacked him, but a lot people might not want to do that. I do it because of my game selections. Murray's toe does give me pause, but he is all they really have. He is probably the No. 2 receiver on the team also, behind Walker. I will look in the morning for any late news about him. I can move down or up if I need to. 

I kind of agree with Karma on Brady. Bennett being out for Seattle really hurts their pass rush. Even if they start getting pressure, they will just go with the short passing game to stop it. Brady can get the ball out so quick its hard to get pressure. 

I agree Sproles is risky to me also. I really don't like him at all on FD, I like him on DK much better because of PPR. Forte has kind of been like Gordon to me. I am jumping on the Gordon train about 3 weeks too late, and thats probably what will happen with Forte. He is just getting up there in years and looks slow to me when I watch him. But he has been performing. 

For some reason I have went high at QB on my FD LU's and low at QB on my DK LU's this week. I do like Dak, I think they will be behind and he will have to throw the ball. I do think Zeke is going to surprise a lot of people with his skills out the backfield catching the ball. He is still going to be a stud this week.

I always like Zeke, but his price is tough to make work if I don't fade Johnson (which I can't bring myself to do). 

FWIW, I look at floors for RBs when making my cash lineups. Typically a floor comes with "team down early, abandons run in 2nd half" scenarios. I also always assume 0 TDs. Guys like Forte (tho Powell eats into him some), Bell, Zeke, Johnson, etc. who never come off the field except to rest are huge to me. Those guys are apt to have 4 catches for 48 yards at a minimum in those worst case scenarios. 6.8 + 23 yards rushing sets up a nice 9.1 type of floor for those guys. That's not going to win money for you, but it's not going to be fatal either. That's why a guy like Theo finds himself on my cash rosters more than most will play him. 

Always great to hear/read your thoughts Tennessee. 

I have Rodgers going in one of my cash LU this week, yea the one with Murray, but it is still possible to play him and get stud RBs. I stacked him, but a lot people might not want to do that. I do it because of my game selections. Murray's toe does give me pause, but he is all they really have. He is probably the No. 2 receiver on the team also, behind Walker. I will look in the morning for any late news about him. I can move down or up if I need to. 

I kind of agree with Karma on Brady. Bennett being out for Seattle really hurts their pass rush. Even if they start getting pressure, they will just go with the short passing game to stop it. Brady can get the ball out so quick its hard to get pressure. 

I agree Sproles is risky to me also. I really don't like him at all on FD, I like him on DK much better because of PPR. Forte has kind of been like Gordon to me. I am jumping on the Gordon train about 3 weeks too late, and thats probably what will happen with Forte. He is just getting up there in years and looks slow to me when I watch him. But he has been performing. 

For some reason I have went high at QB on my FD LU's and low at QB on my DK LU's this week. I do like Dak, I think they will be behind and he will have to throw the ball. I do think Zeke is going to surprise a lot of people with his skills out the backfield catching the ball. He is still going to be a stud this week.
Just about every week it is like this for me.  I am a lot more willing to roll with a guy like Cutler on DK than on FD because of the pricing. 

Users who are viewing this thread