What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Draftkings week 10 (1 Viewer)

Not loving this week. High priced RB's (Johnson vs 49ers, Gordon vs Dolphins) seem to be calling which makes the rest hard.  I saw the suggestion of a Wentz play against Atlanta, I like it but it just scares me to go big on him.

SwampDawg said:
Not loving this week. High priced RB's (Johnson vs 49ers, Gordon vs Dolphins) seem to be calling which makes the rest hard.  I saw the suggestion of a Wentz play against Atlanta, I like it but it just scares me to go big on him.
I'm intrigued by Wentz, Sproles and Ertz in that matchup. Pricing seems pretty tight this week, so if you want to fit in some of the elite players with great matchups, you have to roll the dice a bit somewhere. 

Gurley is interesting. He's done almost nothing all year and the NYJ matchup isn't good. But he is getting so cheap now. 

Cash games could come down to the WR2/WR3 options and picking the right guys from that middle tier. Going to spend extra time trying to figure out matchups with Jeffery, Diggs, T. Williams, Sanders, Demaryius, etc. 

SwampDawg said:
Yeah, that was my weird idea.  I like the Wentz/Sproles combo this week for gpp.  I am not advocating "going big" on him, but it is interesting, and I just play $1-$3 gpps anyway.  I think I am going to do similar to last week in gpps - get a core group of stud guys I like such as David and Gordon and then rotate a cheaper combo in around that core.  I like Wentz and Cutler this week as cheap options, and think Mariota is too cheap on DK this week at 5700 and would be good for either format.  He is only 100 more than Siemian??!!

I'm intrigued by Wentz, Sproles and Ertz in that matchup. Pricing seems pretty tight this week, so if you want to fit in some of the elite players with great matchups, you have to roll the dice a bit somewhere. 

Gurley is interesting. He's done almost nothing all year and the NYJ matchup isn't good. But he is getting so cheap now. 

Cash games could come down to the WR2/WR3 options and picking the right guys from that middle tier. Going to spend extra time trying to figure out matchups with Jeffery, Diggs, T. Williams, Sanders, Demaryius, etc. 
Gurley is for sure interesting and agree on the price - cheaper than T.West this week!  I like LA's chances of controlling the game more now that NYJ has to trot out their 3rd or 4th option at QB. 

I mentioned a lot of those WRs in the FD thread, and like Diggs, Matthews, and Edelman even more on DK with full ppr.  Like you said, I plan to dig a bit more into the matchups on these guys. 

Man I am really struggling with my Thur/Mon cash LU this week. 

SS, Wallace, Flacco, West, Pitta, Pryor, Coleman, Barnidge, Ravens Defense are all playable. My mind tells me that the Ravens should be able to do what they want on offense, and Cleveland will have to pass to stay in the game. 

I keep having this little voice in my head tell me this game is going to be a dud and just stay away from it. 

SS, Coleman, West, and Barnidge seem like good value on DK this week. I am not that high on West with so many great RB plays this week, but he would let you go up at other spots, maybe add Gronk or another stud WR. He would probably do well in flex spot also. Smith is cheap, I think he is the one I am leaning too the most. 

Not to ignore the Monday game, AJ has nice value also. I also like Hill a lot on as maybe a flex play. Actually like him better than West. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Karma brought up a good point in the FD thread. 

I think a lot of people forget about the Monday game when they look at the Thur/Mon slate.  I think it is an advantage in cash games to take play the Thur/Mon slate instead of the Sun/Mon slate if you like someone in the Monday game. 

Like I said above, AJ and OBJ are always in play. Don't sleep on Hill, especially in GPP's, most people are going to be on Sproles at that price. 

Right now this is my Thur/Mon Cash LU

Dalton-Bell-Gordon-J. Matthews-Eli Rogers-Steve Smith-Eifert-Gronk-Jax :(

I will be honest, I really don't like it, but it has been a tough week LU building. I just hope Jax don't lose points. 

At least on DK, I only have to worry about Smith tonight.......maybe a good nights sleep will help me come to my senses on the rest of it.  :D

Right now this is my Thur/Mon Cash LU

Dalton-Bell-Gordon-J. Matthews-Eli Rogers-Steve Smith-Eifert-Gronk-Jax :(

I will be honest, I really don't like it, but it has been a tough week LU building. I just hope Jax don't lose points. 

At least on DK, I only have to worry about Smith tonight.......maybe a good nights sleep will help me come to my senses on the rest of it.  :D
Again, I just love how we all think just slightly different gives me more to stare at while I am builiding LUs.  I like a lot of the players, except maybe Rogers.  Not sure I would do that in cash, but I'll be honest - I haven't dug too deep into the Pitts Wrs past Brown. 

Personally, especially when I look at cash on DK, I just have a hard time paying up at TE most times.  This week, I am having a VERY hard time not having David-Gordon-Sproles in all the lineups.  I just think they are all in fantastic spots, have the built in ppr ability if game script goes a different route for whatever reason.  Sproles also allows me to pay up a bit for a stud WR if I want or stud QB.  Also might just go with Kendricks in all of them too.  So many targets and catches the last few weeks, and LA will be able to rush less than usual with Gurley looking dinged.   So what I am leaning towards doing is just running out 2 LUs with David/Gordon/Sproles/Kendricks at the core and mix up the Qbs and WRs.  One that I keep coming back to is something like:

Mariota-DJ/Gordon-Jeffrey/Diggs/Matthews-Kendricks-Sproles-NYJ. 

Just about everything else I throw in to mix it up I seem to like too.  Can get up to Brown, had one with Rodgers at Qb and D.Thomas/Jeffery at WR, etc..  Just seems to fit what I saw at the start of the process this week that there is a lot of good plays at WR in the 6000s. 

I'm and having a lot of trouble too. My FD Lu's feel much better to me. 

Glad Smith made value last night, I was counting on that. He freed up a lot of room for me. Flacco missed him earlier wide open coming across the end zone area. Wha could have been. 

Been trying to make my LU's with at least 4 guys that can make 4x value. 

In GPPs, I have a weird feeling that either Rob Kelley or Chris Ivory may be a good play in the flex spot. Usually I go with WR in the flex but for ~ $3500, you may be getting a minimum of 15 touches, a few receptions and a chance for a TD. It really opens up your cap space.

In GPPs, I have a weird feeling that either Rob Kelley or Chris Ivory may be a good play in the flex spot. Usually I go with WR in the flex but for ~ $3500, you may be getting a minimum of 15 touches, a few receptions and a chance for a TD. It really opens up your cap space.
I fully agree here, and an even sneakier deeper play might be Ellington.  Definitely more boom/bust, but the last 3 RB2 scores on DK vs. SF have been 17.2, 14.4, and 12.  He is also 3500, and might be an interesting way to get in on the AZ scoring and get off of David for gpps. 

I also think that D.Murray might be the best gpp play too.  Involved in the passing attack in case it goes that way.  GB's D has a public perception of being so tough vs. the run, but 3 of the last 4 games they have given up games of 20pts+ to the opposing RB.  The one they didn't was to a gimpy Chic backfield.  I think the GB stats will keep Murray low owned this week. 

I also keep going back to Stewart and Blount too.  I think both of them have 2TD potential and are under 5000. 

I also think that D.Murray might be the best gpp play too.  Involved in the passing attack in case it goes that way.  GB's D has a public perception of being so tough vs. the run, but 3 of the last 4 games they have given up games of 20pts+ to the opposing RB.  The one they didn't was to a gimpy Chic backfield.  I think the GB stats will keep Murray low owned this week. 

I also keep going back to Stewart and Blount too.  I think both of them have 2TD potential and are under 5000. 
Actually I have a stack with Mariota+Murray. I think he gets enough receptions that it could work if he receives a TD. GB is definitely good against the run but Murray will be fed and TEN has a solid oline in run blocking. Mariota also has some solid receiving options in that he should be able to move the ball and give Murray some goal line touches.

Liking Leveon Bell too. At some point this guy has to score a TD. I do need a piece of the Cardinals offense though if I'm not using DJ... John Brown ??

Another GPP play for me is Martellus Bennett... only because Chris Hogan is hurtin'. Need a piece of that NE offense.

Well after a few nights rest I think I have come back to my senses. I switched my Thur/Mon LU to this........

Thur/Mon cash: Dalton-DJ-Howard-AJ-Diggs-SS-Kendricks-Sproles-Jax

I still hate Jax at Defense, :loco:  but the experts seem to like them and they are cheap playing against a terrible QB. The problem is their QB is terrible too. 

DJ and Sproles will be heavily owned so I feel like I have to play them. I am all in on Kendricks this week at TE. 

Main slate cash L:Cutler-DJ-Gordon-Evans-Jefferey-Inman-Kendricks-Sproles-Jets

Sun/Mon Cash:Dak-Zeke-Bell-JJ Nelson-Beasley-Kendrick-Gordon-Jax

Almost every LU has some risk to it at WR. Inman, Beasley, JJ Nelson just need to hit value. If a guy wanted to use DJ and Sproles at RB, and not use RB at the flex spot, he could limit the risk at WR. I just feel like I need to go with 3 RB's this week. 

I would have liked to go higher at QB, but I just didn't like my LU's when I did. 

Of course I have a day to ponder on all this, so who knows what will happen! :D

Thinking of throwing Mark Ingram in a couple GPPs. Vegas has NO scoring 26 points... even though the Broncos are stout in the secondary they can still be run on, those points have to come from somewhere. 

Not doing well this week, been my worst week yet in my 3 Cash LU's. 

106 Dud, 98 with 1 to go done. 

107 on my thur/Mon LU, with Dalton and AJ to go. Hope they go off to save me from a total loss for the week in cash. 

I went all in on Kendricks this week at TE, and he went to the bathroom and never came back! I never do that, I alway use 3 different ones. Now I know why I do that. 

All my WR's (Evans, Jeffery, Sanders) sucked except for that Thur/Mon LU with Diggs, S Smith, and AJ left. 

My cheap QB plays to get the stud RB's sucked also. I will never play Cutler again, he goes into the doghouse with Osweiler and Bortles. 

Pretty much had DJ, Gordon, and Sproles in all 3 and they did what they were supposed to do. 

I am winning $32 in a few GPP's and have Brady/Gronk going tonight in a few. 

I really need Dalton and AJ to have  a good night tomorrow or it is going to be a bad, bad week. 

More later, but thank goodness I played a lot on both sites this week.  Currently losing $45 on FD, but winning $62 on DK. 

starting to realize I'm much better at DraftKings than FanDuel... top play for me today was a score of 193.

QB M Mariota

RB  L Bell

RB D Murray

WR A Brown

WR R Cobb

WR John Brown

TE M Bennett

WR Tyreek Hill

D Saints

John Brown / Cobb didn't really workout unfortunately. I thought the Packers would be more competitive in this game but they really got walloped. John Brown was just me trying to get a cheap piece of the Cardinals offense.

Well I thought I was better on DK, have been all year, but not this week. Only have a chance to cash in 1 or 3 cash LU this week on DK. Should cash in 2 of 3 on FD. 

Wow, nice score pbandy1.......you got some serious cahonies playing JB, Bennett, and Hill in cash games. Maybe you are just smarter than me.  :thumbup:

Well I thought I was better on DK, have been all year, but not this week. Only have a chance to cash in 1 or 3 cash LU this week on DK. Should cash in 2 of 3 on FD. 

Wow, nice score pbandy1.......you got some serious cahonies playing JB, Bennett, and Hill in cash games. Maybe you are just smarter than me.  :thumbup:
that is actually a GPP. hence the risky picks

that is actually a GPP. hence the risky picks
Nice score!

I had 2 cash LUs and they had the same core of Gordon/DJ/Sproles/Rams.  One got 145.14 and cashed it's 50/50s and two 2xs, but nothing else.  The other had 180.14 and made a decent amount of $.  Had them both in 2xs, 3xs, 5xs, and a gpp. 

Had 2 of my 3 gpps cash too.  My Cutler LU got 153.88 mainly due to Blount's outing tonight.  Had Zeke, DJ, and D.Thomas in that one too.  Mariota game stack got 187.6.  Paired him with Walker and Jordy Nelson.  Also had Bell, DJ and Britt in this one. 

Up on DK for the week, down bigger on FD though.  -$9 for the week, still up a good amount for the year. 

Users who are viewing this thread