What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

President Trump's first 100 days...latest policy proposals in first post (1 Viewer)

Hilts

Footballguy
Tracking Trump policy promises website

President elect Donald Trump 100 day plan:

What follows is my 100-day action plan to Make America Great Again. It is a contract between myself and the American voter — and begins with restoring honesty, accountability and change to Washington

Therefore, on the first day of my term of office, my administration will immediately pursue the following six measures to clean up the corruption and special interest collusion in Washington, DC:

FIRST, propose a Constitutional Amendment to impose term limits on all members of Congress;

SECOND, a hiring freeze on all federal employees to reduce federal workforce through attrition (exempting military, public safety, and public health);

THIRD, a requirement that for every new federal regulation, two existing regulations must be eliminated;

FOURTH, a 5 year-ban on White House and Congressional officials becoming lobbyists after they leave government service;

FIFTH, a lifetime ban on White House officials lobbying on behalf of a foreign government;

SIXTH, a complete ban on foreign lobbyists raising money for American elections.

On the same day, I will begin taking the following 7 actions to protect American workers:

FIRST, I will announce my intention to renegotiate NAFTA or withdraw from the deal under Article 2205

SECOND, I will announce our withdrawal from the Trans-Pacific Partnership

THIRD, I will direct my Secretary of the Treasury to label China a currency manipulator

FOURTH, I will direct the Secretary of Commerce and U.S. Trade Representative to identify all foreign trading abuses that unfairly impact American workers and direct them to use every tool under American and international law to end those abuses immediately

FIFTH, I will lift the restrictions on the production of $50 trillion dollars' worth of job-producing American energy reserves, including shale, oil, natural gas and clean coal.

SIXTH, lift the Obama-Clinton roadblocks and allow vital energy infrastructure projects, like the Keystone Pipeline, to move forward

SEVENTH, cancel billions in payments to U.N. climate change programs and use the money to fix America's water and environmental infrastructure

Additionally, on the first day, I will take the following five actions to restore security and the constitutional rule of law:

FIRST, cancel every unconstitutional executive action, memorandum and order issued by President Obama

SECOND, begin the process of selecting a replacement for Justice Scalia from one of the 20 judges on my list, who will uphold and defend the Constitution of the United States

THIRD, cancel all federal funding to Sanctuary Cities

FOURTH, begin removing the more than 2 million criminal illegal immigrants from the country and cancel visas to foreign countries that won't take them back

FIFTH, suspend immigration from terror-prone regions where vetting cannot safely occur. All vetting of people coming into our country will be considered extreme vetting.

Next, I will work with Congress to introduce the following broader legislative measures and fight for their passage within the first 100 days of my Administration:

Middle Class Tax Relief And Simplification Act. An economic plan designed to grow the economy 4% per year and create at least 25 million new jobs through massive tax reduction and simplification, in combination with trade reform, regulatory relief, and lifting the restrictions on American energy. The largest tax reductions are for the middle class. A middle-class family with 2 children will get a 35% tax cut. The current number of brackets will be reduced from 7 to 3, and tax forms will likewise be greatly simplified. The business rate will be lowered from 35 to 15 percent, and the trillions of dollars of American corporate money overseas can now be brought back at a 10 percent rate.

End The Offshoring Act. Establishes tariffs to discourage companies from laying off their workers in order to relocate in other countries and ship their products back to the U.S. tax-free.

American Energy & Infrastructure Act. Leverages public-private partnerships, and private investments through tax incentives, to spur $1 trillion in infrastructure investment over 10 years. It is revenue neutral.

School Choice And Education Opportunity Act. Redirects education dollars to give parents the right to send their kid to the public, private, charter, magnet, religious or home school of their choice. Ends common core, brings education supervision to local communities. It expands vocational and technical education, and make 2 and 4-year college more affordable.

Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act. Fully repeals Obamacare and replaces it with Health Savings Accounts, the ability to purchase health insurance across state lines, and lets states manage Medicaid funds. Reforms will also include cutting the red tape at the FDA: there are over 4,000 drugs awaiting approval, and we especially want to speed the approval of life-saving medications.

Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act. Allows Americans to deduct childcare and elder care from their taxes, incentivizes employers to provide on-side childcare services, and creates tax-free Dependent Care Savings Accounts for both young and elderly dependents, with matching contributions for low-income families.

End Illegal Immigration Act Fully-funds the construction of a wall on our southern border with the full understanding that the country Mexico will be reimbursing the United States for the full cost of such wall; establishes a 2-year mandatory minimum federal prison sentence for illegally re-entering the U.S. after a previous deportation, and a 5-year mandatory minimum for illegally re-entering for those with felony convictions, multiple misdemeanor convictions or two or more prior deportations; also reforms visa rules to enhance penalties for overstaying and to ensure open jobs are offered to American workers first.

Restoring Community Safety Act. Reduces surging crime, drugs and violence by creating a Task Force On Violent Crime and increasing funding for programs that train and assist local police; increases resources for federal law enforcement agencies and federal prosecutors to dismantle criminal gangs and put violent offenders behind bars.

Restoring National Security Act. Rebuilds our military by eliminating the defense sequester and expanding military investment; provides Veterans with the ability to receive public VA treatment or attend the private doctor of their choice; protects our vital infrastructure from cyber-attack; establishes new screening procedures for immigration to ensure those who are admitted to our country support our people and our values

Clean up Corruption in Washington Act. Enacts new ethics reforms to Drain the Swamp and reduce the corrupting influence of special interests on our politics.

On November 8th, Americans will be voting for this 100-day plan to restore prosperity to our economy, security to our communities, and honesty to our government.

This is my pledge to you.

And if we follow these steps, we will once more have a government of, by and for the people.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think anybody can say with any confidence they have any idea what trump is going to do.

Strategically, he's got to find his air-traffic-control-union-bust early on - an easy, splashy win. Otherwise, he'll be sucked into the vortex like Obama - who went from transformative figure to date-raped dropout by June - was

Day 1 Work on wall

Day 2 Work on wall 

Day 3 Work on wall 

Day 4...call someone who knows what to do about running a government

I want a wall plan by January 25th and nudes of Ivanka on January 26th.  Make America Great Again by January 26th, 2017.  :thumbup:

He's so incredible and awesome...he won't need a stupid cabinet...he can do it all himself..."Cabinets are for losers".....

OPINION
|

EDITORIAL

Donald Trump’s Revolt

Donald Trump on election night in New York City.[SIZE=.9em]ERIC THAYER FOR THE NEW YORK TIMES[/SIZE]
November 9, 2016
President Donald Trump. Three words that were unthinkable to tens of millions of Americans — and much of the rest of the world — have now become the future of the United States.

Having confounded Republican elites in the primaries, Mr. Trump did the same to the Democrats in the general election, repeating the judo move of turning the weight of a complacent establishment against it. His victory is a humbling blow to the news media, the pollsters and the Clinton-dominated Democratic leadership.

The candidates appeared neck-in-neck in the popular vote, but Mr. Trump bested Hillary Clinton in the Electoral College.

So who is the man who will be the 45th president?

After a year and a half of erratic tweets and rambling speeches, we can’t be certain. We don’t know how Mr. Trump would carry out basic functions of the executive. We don’t know what financial conflicts he might have, since he never released his tax returns, breaking with 40 years of tradition in both parties. We don’t know if he has the capacity to focus on any issue and arrive at a rational conclusion. We don’t know if he has any idea what it means to control the largest nuclear arsenal in the world.

Here is what we do know: We know Mr. Trump is the most unprepared president-elect in modern history. We know that by words and actions, he has shown himself to be temperamentally unfit to lead a diverse nation of 320 million people. We know he has threatened to prosecute and jail his political opponents, and he has said he would curtail the freedom of the press. We know he lies without compunction.

He has said he intends to cut taxes for the wealthy and to withdraw the health care protection of the Affordable Care Act from tens of millions of Americans. He has insulted women and threatened Muslims and immigrants, and he has recruited as his allies a dark combination of racists, white supremacists and anti-Semites. Given the importance of the alt-right to Mr. Trump’s rise, it is perhaps time to drop the “alt.” David Duke celebrated Mr. Trump’s victory on Tuesday night, tweeting, “It’s time to TAKE AMERICA BACK!!!”

When Mr. Trump has looked beyond our borders, he has said that he would tear up the agreement to prevent Iran from building nuclear arms and that he would do away with the North American Free Trade Agreement. He has said that he would repudiate last December’s Paris agreement on climate change, thereby abandoning America’s leadership role in addressing the biggest long-term threat to humanity. He has also threatened to abandon NATO allies and start a trade war with China.

[SIZE=1.6em]We know that, with Republicans controlling both houses of Congress, Mr. Trump would be able to restore a right-wing majority by filling the Supreme Court seat that Republican senators have held hostage for nine months.[/SIZE]

Republicans will soon control every branch of the federal government, in addition to a majority of governorships and statehouses. There is no obvious check on Mr. Trump’s vengeful impulses. Other Republican leaders, including his running mate, Mike Pence, have largely made excuses for his most extreme behavior.

By challenging every norm of American politics, Mr. Trump upended first the Republican Party and now the Democratic Party, which attempted a Clinton restoration at a moment when the nation was impatient to escape the status quo. Misogyny and racism played their part in his rise, but so did a fierce and even heedless desire for change.

That change has now placed the United States on a precipice.

Follow The New York Times Opinion section on Facebook and Twitter (@NYTOpinion), and sign up for the Opinion Today newsletter. 

Hilts said:
So what's the plan here to make us great again? Needs to pick his cabinet:

Newt?
Palin?
Guliani?
Priebus?
Christie?
Sessions?
Carson?
I believe they've already announced Chris Christie will head the transition team. 

But I hope to God that's it off this list. Don't want to see any of these politicians holding down posts. Get real people who know their #### into the cabinet, not a bunch of stiffs like these. 
Better prepare yourself.. There is no way Ben, Rudy and Sarah did all they did out of the kindness of their hearts.. They were promised positions with their support and they will get it.. :oldunsure:

Nobody predicted a Trump win along with republicans retaining control of both houses of congress. This give republicans power, that as far as I know, they've never had. Similar to what Obama had when he forced through Obamacare. 

So what do you think republicans will make their primary policy push? Will they really try to repeal Obamacare? Will the major initiative be tax reform? The wall? What do you think or what would you like to see? 

I believe they've already announced Chris Christie will head the transition team. 

But I hope to God that's it off this list. Don't want to see any of these politicians holding down posts. Get real people who know their #### into the cabinet, not a bunch of stiffs like these. 
Lucky for us Trump has shown himself to be a great evaluator of talent and only hires the best people. 

Nobody predicted a Trump win along with republicans retaining control of both houses of congress. This give republicans power, that as far as I know, they've never had. Similar to what Obama had when he forced through Obamacare. 

So what do you think republicans will make their primary policy push? Will they really try to repeal Obamacare? Will the major initiative be tax reform? The wall? What do you think or what would you like to see? 
I don't know the details, but there's a Republican bill to replace ObamaCare already drafted in Congress that's just been sitting and waiting.  Supposed to be fairly popular, but that's all I really know.

it's been a long time since that happened. 2003-2006

So within the first 100 days I expect tax cuts ..... Maybe "small cuts" for the middle class, but not nearly as big as the Rich will get.. and those Tax loopholes Trump claimed he'd get rid of.. won't happen... The Right is controlled by business and the rich and no way they are going to pass a bill to close those loopholes. 

I expect the previous bill to cancel the funding for OC, which was vetoed by Obama, to be passed again and signed. In fact Paul Ryan jsut mentioned the bill they have already passed and plan to pass again.

The Iran deal will be canceled.

The empty seat on the SC will be filled.

What do you see?   :popcorn:

ultimately, yes, because their 60 majority fell to 59 after Ted Kennedy's death and replacement by Scott Brown. So, they had to use reconciliation process, which requires only 50 votes.

indeed. Wasn't Obamacare passed via 'reconciliation?' what sort of majority is needed to pass legislation via the reconciliation route?
Reconciliation or not.. my issue with it was the obstructionism. It was passed with a million concessions, and was no longer the ACA Obama envisioned.

For better or worse, I hope Trump is able to put his efforts out there to sink or swim on their merits without obstructionism. :yes:

ultimately, yes, because their 60 majority fell to 59 after Ted Kennedy's death and replacement by Scott Brown. So, they had to use reconciliation process, which requires only 50 votes.
So doesn't reconciliation sort of render the filibuster impotent? What's to keep repubs from using it to pass their legislation?

So doesn't reconciliation sort of render the filibuster impotent? What's to keep repubs from using it to pass their legislation?
i'm not really sure. i know it was considered highly controversial to use reconciliation for ACA. but maybe that was just Senate tradition/rules, and rules can change with each Congress.

Reconciliation or not.. my issue with it was the obstructionism. It was passed with a million concessions, and was no longer the ACA Obama envisioned.

For better or worse, I hope Trump is able to put his efforts out there to sink or swim on their merits without obstructionism. :yes:
the system is designed for such "obstructionism", except that we've always just called it "checks and balances"

Reconciliation is only available on budget legislation.  The ACA was kind of shoehorned in to make it work. That shoehorning was the source of the controversy.

According to the document, Trump will introduce "broader legislative measures" within his first 100 days as the U.S. President. These include:

- Middle Class Tax Relief and Simplification Act

- End the Offshoring Act

- American Energy and Infrastructure Act

- School Choice and Education Opportunity Act

- Repeal and Replace Obamacare Act

- Affordable Childcare and Eldercare Act

- End Illegal Immigration Act

- Restoring Community Safety Act

- Restoring National Security Act

- Clean Up Corruption in Washington Act

I fear a support system of nothing but "yes" men.  He doesn't tolerate being told he's wrong.  And the mere fact that chose Christie to take a leadership role in his candidacy tells me all I need to know about the "best" people he has promised to surround himself with.

Users who are viewing this thread