What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Need trade help....involves Luck and Mack (1 Viewer)

highlander23

Footballguy
QBs get 6 pts per TD and 1 point every 25 yards passing.  Defense gets 1 point per tackle/assist, 5 pts per sack, 5 points per Fum Rec, 6 points per INT.

My possible trade is I give up Philip Rivers and Kahlil Mack and I get Andrew Luck and Frank Clark.  I also have Mariota as my other QB.  My other DLs are Carlos Dunlap and I just picked up Robert Quinn to see if he can come back.  Trying to decide if the QB change is worth the DL change.....Clark has been pretty good too, so maybe I am not losing much?  Thanks for any input!

You can do what you want but NO WAY I'd do that deal, and if I were the other guy, I'm hoping you make the move. Clark has taken another step in his career that is for sure snap count seems fine but....Rivers has a terrific schedule for throwing, you'll hear many experts talking it up on podcasts this week even. And Mack is a stud that is starting to hunt. The back end in Oakland is playing much better and I believe that will continue.

That helps set up the running game that we saw last week and better balance in terms of play calling for the pass.

All that adds up to the Raiders winning more football games, playing with leads and giving one of the best edge players in the game more time and opportunity to put up impact / fantasy championship numbers and that's what he's been doing of late from the DL position.

Heck, Luck may be younger than Rivers. But if that guy keeps taking the punishment he's taken, he may go down with another injury anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's closer than Seany.D says, imo, but it's still a pretty tough price to pay.  Clark's high recent usages has as much to do with Bennet being hurt as Clark earning more time.  He is productive, but it's a big step down from Mack.

Luck is an upgrade over Rivers in the long run, but ROS I'm agreeing with Seany, Rivers figures to be as good or better.  Unless your team is in the tank and you're in full rebuild mode, I'd ask for more.  Mack may well be the next JJ Watt...I could see giving Rivers or Mack for Luck/Clark.  Not sure I'd do both.

I didn't see if you mentioned that it was a dynasty or redraft league.  In a dynasty it would be closer to an accept but I still don't think I would do it.  In redraft there is no way I would pull the trigger.  Mack is a consistent difference maker on the DL and those are hard to find.  Clark is getting most of his play time due to Bennett being out (should be 1 to 2 more weeks).  I just don't think Luck is much of an upgrade over Rivers (if at all) so I would not pull the trigger.

Users who are viewing this thread