What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wilson+A.J.Green for Brees+M.Thomas (1 Viewer)

Tempest

Footballguy
In non PPR league would you try to upgrade QB and do following trade:

R.Wilson + A.J.Green

for

D.Brees + M.Thomas

We start 2 WRs and I already have Dez and Benjamin along A.J.

I'd be inclined to make the deal if you are already pretty confident in making the playoffs.  In weeks 14-16 (most league's playoffs) Wilson faces the 11th (GB), 9th (LA), and 2nd(ARI) rated fantasy defense against QBs.  In those same weeks Brees faces the 29th(TB), 2nd(ARI), and 29th(TB) defense. Plus Brees is home in week 16, where he almost always dominates. 

It appears that Thomas has taken over the #1 receiver role in NO.  Giving up Green would be tough but if if you're already looking good for the playoffs I think it's a pretty good deal. 

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/751017-looking-for-trade-help/

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not giving up on Wilson quite yet.  I think Green's consistency over Thomas is too much to lose for the "upgrade" to Brees.  Wilson is a second half QB and the Seahawks are going to need him to dominate down the stretch.  I see big games coming his way and would hold tight.

Definitely not doing this trade if I were in your shoes. 

AJ Green is an elite wr

Dez and Benjamin are low end wr1s maybe wr2. 

I would not give up on Wilson. He is becoming more mobile and can win uou a ship. He did for me last year...

Did you try to offer Dez instead of Green? 

Users who are viewing this thread