What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ok to drop? (1 Viewer)

whole-show

Footballguy
I need a kicker and am wondering if Ryan Matthews and Jeremy Langford are droppable. It was a 12 team keeper league but next year starting over to go to dynasty so guess you could say it's a redraft. Short benches too. Worried to drop Langford or Matthews in case, but need the space too and can't keep waiting. TIA. Leave a link and I will answer your question. 

Can you drop the kicker you currently have on your roster? Even the #1 scoring kicker is generally not much more than 1-3 points better per game than another kicker you can get off the waiver wire.  Unless your stacked at RB so Langford and Matthews have no chance of leaving your bench then I'd say drop the kicker (and even if this is the case, I'd still drop the kicker). Having said all that, I do think Langford is drop-able and Matthews is borderline drop-able as well, but I'd only do it to add a better RB or WR. 

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/751017-looking-for-trade-help/

Last edited by a moderator:
They are both droppable depending on what you are picking up.  I agree with above that I would rather drop my existing kicker for a replacement kicker than one of these RB's just in case they get back on the field.  Between the two I would drop Langford as the Eagles still use Mathews at the goal line occasionally.

Thanks everyone. I too would normally drop the kicker however it is Vinatieri so I hate to drop him, but maybe I should. Again thanks!

Thanks everyone. I too would normally drop the kicker however it is Vinatieri so I hate to drop him, but maybe I should. Again thanks!
Not a lot of difference week to week in kickers.  If you are really worried about losing out on Rawls and your opponent taking Bortles it just might be the path you gotta take.

Users who are viewing this thread