massraider

2017 Dynasty Stash--waiver wire adds with an eye to the future

64 posts in this topic

On 11/19/2016 at 5:17 AM, BigSteelThrill said:

but the team now has 10 sacks in those three games with Rankins on the field.

They now have 13 in 4 games.  That pace would put them at 35.75 through 11 games -- which shows Denver leading the NFL with 35.  :shrug:

1 person likes this

"D.J. Alexander came in briefly for Derrick Johnson and showed us that he’s the future at that position. Draft and develop. That’s general manager John Dorsey’s game and it’s working. Same can be said of Rakeem Nunez-Roches." Charles Goldman from Chiefs Wire on DJ Alexander. Alexander ended with 4 solos. Can't find his snap count though.

RNR has seen his snap count increase each of the last 3 weeks and is listed as a DT on MFL.

3 people like this

On 11/28/2016 at 2:12 PM, ChicagoArch said:

"D.J. Alexander came in briefly for Derrick Johnson and showed us that he’s the future at that position. Draft and develop. That’s general manager John Dorsey’s game and it’s working. Same can be said of Rakeem Nunez-Roches." Charles Goldman from Chiefs Wire on DJ Alexander. Alexander ended with 4 solos. Can't find his snap count though.

RNR has seen his snap count increase each of the last 3 weeks and is listed as a DT on MFL.

I thought the future was Ramik Wilson?  I know Wilson was cut and resigned earlier this year, but seems that Wilson has taken back the next in line title?   

Wilson played 40 snaps on D to Alexander's 0 this past week against Atl.  Alexander was available since played 20 ST snaps.http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201612040atl.htm#all_vis_snap_counts

59 minutes ago, blend said:

I thought the future was Ramik Wilson?  I know Wilson was cut and resigned earlier this year, but seems that Wilson has taken back the next in line title?   

Wilson played 40 snaps on D to Alexander's 0 this past week against Atl.  Alexander was available since played 20 ST snaps.http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201612040atl.htm#all_vis_snap_counts

Wilson and Alexander play different positions. Alexander backs up Derrick Johnson at the Will. Wilson is currently playing at the Mike ILB. The Will usually has a better shot at being a 3-down LB because the Mike is more of a hitter to stop the run game. DJ is a 3-down LB. Justin March-Lillard was never a 3-down LB when he was healthy. For all the stats Wilson has put up, he still hasn't been a 3-down LB. If DJ retires, Alexander would have the first crack at the Will and 3-down potential.

Wilson vs March will be interesting to watch in training camp next year. March won the job this year, but Wilson has played better than him when given the chance. Wilson's snaps are up vs March's and Daniel Sorenson's snaps are down since Wilson took over (Sorenson plays LB in sub packages, replacing the Mike).

2 people like this

These are some deep dives, very deep dives. Most of them are more watchlist than roster-worthy. Most will probably never be usable or won’t be usable for multiple years. But I’ve got a spare roster spot or two and I’m curious if any of these guys are on anybody else’s radar. Even without Aaron Donald, I’m stacked at DT, I’ve got 10 LBs already rostered and I don’t want to carry any CBs in the offseason, so I focused on DE and S, my biggest roster weaknesses. In your opinion, do any of these guys have the potential for useful production in the not too-distant future? And let me know if I missed anyone. My primary league is 16 team-equivalent with 50 player rosters and balanced IDP scoring so don’t be afraid to go too deep.

DE

Ronald Blair – SFO 5th Rounder. 49ers obviously have Buckner and Armstead. Unfortunately, for the rest of Chip Kelley’s tenure, Blair didn’t go to Oregon so his snaps will probably be limited.

Geneo Grissom – NEP Started the year on the practice squad. Has played 8 snaps on the year. Was actually drafted ahead of Trey Flowers. Both Long and Sheard will be UFAs.

Alex McCalister – PHI 7th rounder. Character issues and skinny for a DE. But has athletic potential and any time you can get a DE in Jim Schwartz’s wide 9, it’s got the chance to be a very good move.

Dean Lowery – GBP Lunchpail 5th rounder has a lot of guys ahead of him on the depth chart. Had a decent game this week when given snaps due to injuries.

Marcus Smith – PHI Former 1st rounder that was miscast as an OLB in Chip Kelley’s 3-4 scheme, back at DE. Behind Graham, Barwin and Curry in Schwartz’s Wide 9. All three are signed longer than Smith. Barwin is 30… Just trying to find a way to give this guy a chance…

S

Marqui Christian – RAM Small school box safety drafted in 5th round has played 3 snaps all year. TJ McDonald, current starting SS will be a UFA this offseason. They are obviously willing to use a S at a LB spot but Christian would need to put on some more muscle to pull off that transition.

Clayton Fejedelem – CIN 7th round rookie has played a few snaps with SS Shawn Williams coming back from injury. Heard good things about him around the time of the draft. Both Williams and Iloka are signed for several years. Walked on to an NAIA school before transferring to the Big Ten to walk on at Illinois.

Duron Harmon – NEP FS soon to be UFA, currently plays 30%-40% of the snaps, could be signed by some other team to play all the snaps. Most other teams love picking up guys who’ve played for Belicheck.

DeAndre Houston-Carson – CHI DHC had a higher draft grade than Deon Bush but was drafted 2 rounds later. They liked him for his kick blocking talent. Could get a chance next year because no one seems set in the Bears secondary or will stay on special teams since he hasn’t seen a snap on defense all year.

Harold Jones-Quartey – CHI Lost his starting spot to Deon Bush but produced from a fantasy perspective this year. He started for Amos when Amos was out last week. His production could depend on an injury ahead of him.

Jayron Kearse – MIN 7th rounder behind Andrew Sendejo at SS. Played serious snaps in one game while Sendejo was banged up. They used somebody else in the 2nd game Sendejo was out... Limited tackle opportunities behind the Viking’s talented defense.

Dexter McCoil – SDC Former Arena League and Canadian League player blew up in the preseason. Jahleel Addae will be a UFA.

Kelcie McCray – SEA Someone suggested the Seahawks could move on from the expensive and often-injured Kam Chancellor and give McCray a shot after he produced this year. With a little potential uncertainty around Earl Thomas at the moment, I’m thinking that might be a little more unlikely. That said, McCray will be a UFA. He could sign elsewhere. Most teams want to steal Seahawk defenders. If he was a starting SS on some other team, I would be interested.

Will Parks – DEN At least a year too early, probably more, but 6th rounder behind TJ Ward on the depth chart at SS. Ward is a UFA in 2018, but is also only 29 and is a very important part of that defense.

Daniel Sorensen – KC This may be a stretch and maybe I’ve just a soft spot for him because I used him for a couple of his blow up games, but Eric Berry will be a UFA and I’ve heard he wants to be the highest paid safety in the league. Outside chance the Chiefs decide not to pay him?

J.J. Wilcox – DAL Both Barry Church and Wilcox will be UFAs. Chance Wilcox returns without Church or is signed by another team?

2 people like this

I missed this thread until after my WW deadline, but here are the guys I picked up in the last week with a view to next season:

• Marshall, Brandon DEN LB got dropped
  • Morrison, Antonio IND LB
  • Wilson, Ramik KCC LB
  • Kwiatkoski, Nick CHI LB (more for the end of this season - I don't know much about his future)
  • James, Cory OAK LB
  • Kendricks, Mychal PHI LB got dropped
  • Goodson, B.J. NYG LB
  • Clarke, Will CIN DE
  • Flowers, Trey NEP DE
  • Sorensen, Daniel KCC S
  • Killebrew, Miles DET S

2 people like this

17 hours ago, Tick said:

I missed this thread until after my WW deadline, but here are the guys I picked up in the last week with a view to next season:

• Wilson, Ramik KCC LB
  • Kwiatkoski, Nick CHI LB (more for the end of this season - I don't know much about his future)
  • James, Cory OAK LB
  • Goodson, B.J. NYG LB
  • Clarke, Will CIN DE
  • Flowers, Trey NEP DE
  • Sorensen, Daniel KCC S
  • Killebrew, Miles DET S

THere's Tick!

:thumbup:

One name Ill put forth that people should have an eye on... NYG DE Romeo Okwara.

I already owned him in a deep league based on his preseason work and JPP being on a 1 year contract. Now with JPP out he should get a lot of snaps and be able to show one-way-or-the-other.  But in preseason he was being used even on the inside because they considered him their strongest pass rusher (as a undrafted rookie) outside of JPP and Vernon.

1 person likes this

Another one Im sitting on since preseason that is similar if you have DT required is Raiders undrafted DT Darius Latham. He already is getting some snaps in and showing well.

He is going to miss this week, but he was the top PFF graded DT in the preseason and has shown he deserves to be in the league thus far.

19 hours ago, Tick said:

• Wilson, Ramik KCC LB
  • James, Cory OAK LB
  • Goodson, B.J. NYG LB
  • Clarke, Will CIN DE
  • Flowers, Trey NEP DE
  • Sorensen, Daniel KCC S
  • Killebrew, Miles DET S

Listening to the beat reporter in Chicago, the Bears are letting him audition a little with the suspension. He's behind Travathan and Freeman for sure but, right now, could be seen as Freeman's heir. Somewhat speculative add, imo.

Edited by saintfool

3 hours ago, saintfool said:

Listening to the beat reporter in Chicago, the Bears are letting him audition a little with the suspension. He's behind Travathan and Freeman for sure but, right now, could be seen as Freeman's heir. Somewhat speculative add, imo.

Thanks for the info.  I just saw the opportunity for the rest of the season, and figure I'll dig deeper in the offseason.

On 12/7/2016 at 1:26 PM, BigSteelThrill said:

One name Ill put forth that people should have an eye on... NYG DE Romeo Okwara.

I already owned him in a deep league based on his preseason work and JPP being on a 1 year contract. Now with JPP out he should get a lot of snaps and be able to show one-way-or-the-other.  But in preseason he was being used even on the inside because they considered him their strongest pass rusher (as a undrafted rookie) outside of JPP and Vernon.

Led team in tackles and had a sack in his first start as a rookie.  Hope you have him locked away with the JPP contract as an unknown.

2 people like this

Has anyone mentioned Sean Davis? He's been coming on strong, and is now the starting strong safety for the Steelers. 

Looks fast, strong, athletic...they're using him to rush the passer, and his coverage skills musn't be too bad because he was playing CB earlier in the season.

Perhaps he's too shallow for this group. If so, I apologize for stating the obvious. 

1 hour ago, mjb03003 said:

Has anyone mentioned Sean Davis? He's been coming on strong, and is now the starting strong safety for the Steelers. 

Looks fast, strong, athletic...they're using him to rush the passer, and his coverage skills musn't be too bad because he was playing CB earlier in the season.

Perhaps he's too shallow for this group. If so, I apologize for stating the obvious. 

He's looking good, Was gone in all of my 16-teamers and my 14-teamer.  Available in my 12-teamer so looking to add him. 

Su'a Cravens just tweeted that he'll be a Safety in 2017. Run, don't walk, to add him if he's still available. 

One other guy to keep an eye for next year is Mario Edwards, DE for Oakland. Was a high draft choice in 2015 and and didn't tear it up exactly and he's been on IR all this year but is going to play these last two weeks I think. I think any opposite Mack has a shot at good production. I just picked him up off the WW in my league and it's a big league with good size benches.  

1 person likes this

I only play in one true dynasty league, rest are keeper, but these are the stashes I made:

Mario Edwards

Yannick Ngakoue

DJ Alexander

Stephone Anthony (cut suddenly a week or so ago)

BJ Goodson

Sio Moore

Corey Nelson

Kevin Byard

Already had Cravens and Tartt on my roster.  Really hoping that guys like Alexander/Goodson/Moore will reveal their worth by cutdown day.  They will hopefully either have won three down roles, or are buried on the depth chart.  Guys like Ngakoue are tougher, I can probably only really hang onto him if I hear he's having an amazing summer.  Same with Stephone Anthony.  

1 person likes this

I had gladly traded away Mario Edwards before this season started (not knowing he would miss so much time)... he struggles to get sacks as a 4-3 DE.

A few quick notes:

Michael Bennett signed a 3-year extension. If you wanted to trade for Frank Clark, this may have lowered his cost.

Robert Alford signed a 3-year extension. This kills Jalen Collins' value next year. He'll be reliant on an injury to get snaps. He can be dropped.

Another CB to keep an eye on is Blake Countess from the Rams. He's gotten snaps the last two games as they're giving some young guys playing time to see what they've got. The rookie played both CB and S at Auburn. Countess got 8 solos, 3 assists and a sack in Week 16 against the 49ers and 4 solos and 5 assists in Week 17 against the Cards. Definitely worth a look. Rumor is the Rams want an offensive HC, potentially Sean Payton. They could focus most of their free agent spending/limited draft capital on the offensive side of the ball, clearing a way for Countess to earn snaps next year.

Did we mention David Irving in this thread? He had a couple of blow up games. Depending on how he plays in the playoffs, he may still be a buy if the price hasn't gotten too high, but you are running out of time.

Probably too late for most. If Danielle hunter is available in a dynasty league grab him asap 

6 hours ago, Brandon Will said:

Probably too late for most. If Danielle hunter is available in a dynasty league grab him asap 

In my tackle heavy league, Hunter finished 5th. In my sack heavy league, Hunter finished 2nd.

1 person likes this

On 1/5/2017 at 9:52 AM, Brandon Will said:

maybe 2 years too late?

4 people like this

On 1/9/2017 at 8:40 PM, Shane Falco said:

maybe 2 years too late?

i picked him off the waiver wire during the season actually. it happens...