What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

9-0, Any advice for consolidating talent for the playoffs? (1 Viewer)

feedyourhead

Footballguy
10 man standard scoring redraft league 

QB: Brees

RB: Gordon, Ajayi, Miller, Howard, rob Kelley, Cmike, prosise and morris

WR: AJ, Jeffery, moncreif, Marvin jones, John brown

TE: bennett

K: catanzaro

dst: empty

I have clinched the playoffs  with a first round bye so I am really only looking at week 15/16. Ajayi has a rough schedule for those weeks, so I was thinking about trading him, but he's been playing so well I'm not sure if it matters? I have a ton of depth at RB so I was thinking of trying to get a top 5 WR, but I'm not sure what I should offer. With AJ as my wr1 I can also just rotate through my other WRs for my wr2 so maybe I should stay put with where I'm at? 

Any help would be appreciated, post your questions and I will respond

thanks!

If you really don't have to worry about a game until Week 15 then I would definitely find a bubble team and try and entice them with any of the guys you don't plan on starting in week 15 to try and get a top 5 WR.  It's an interesting spot to be in at this juncture.  My only worry is that too many things can happen between now and week 15 that would screw with that approach.  I wouldn't kill all my depth because you might need it by the time week 15 rolls around but it would be worth seeing what you can do.

Thanks! thats kinda what I am thinking, but like you said I am a little worried about screwing myself over by getting rid of too much depth, especially because RBs get injured so frequently and Id likely be trading RBs which could leave me thin if one of my top 3 goes down after the trade, but then again, I could flex a WR instead of a RB if that happens. Which of the RBs would you be looking to trade to package up for a WR?

I would not take that trade. 

Also, I'd try trading ajayi and any of your WRs besides AJ/Jeffery for a high end WR 2 or low end 1 with a great matchup in week 15 or 16. If you can get a little bit safer TE like with a great matchup in those weeks as well that'd be a great bonus. 

Adding in prosise or Michaels to sweeten the pot if needed wouldn't be back breaking either.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread