What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 11 Waiver Wire (1 Viewer)

RB

Doug Martin, TB -- imagine he's been scooped over the last week or two in most leagues, but if not.... Didn't see the game, but seems that in his first game back being eased in, he was productive. No way this remains any kind of split with Barber or anyone else if Martin gets back to 100%

Wendell Smallwood, PHI -- surprised to see his statline but looked to be very productive. Sproles and Matthews aren't going anywhere, but potentially a solid stash to hold onto.

WR

Tyreek Hill, KC -- guy seems to show up every week on both the field, and in the WW gems. Can't be denied as a solid flex play. Don't care how many fumbles he had.

Pierre Garcon, WAS -- WAS seems to be continuing their winning ways, and Garcon is not flashy or puts up gaudy yards, but can see him being a consistent contributor through the second half as Cousins continues some dependable play.

Kenny Britt, LA -- Tavon Austin, IMHO, is still going to be the primary receiver, but no denying Britt has been very solid and has momentum. Could see him maintaining this and playing as well as Austin down the stretch.

Eli Rogers, PIT -- game still going, but looks to be a performer that can step up in lieu of Coates et al.

TE

Cameron Brate -- he is up and down, and will always take a backseat in targets to Evans, but is involved in the passing  game consistently, seems to have Winston's trust, and is looked for in red zone opportunities.

Zach Miller -- run of mill numbers this weekend (4 for 30), but gets his targets and should be a very dependable every week starter if you are sick of guessing between wire guys in streaming.

FOOL'S GOLD:
Taylor Gabriel, WR, ATL -- many thought his productive game in previous week may have been flukey, or that he's more of a gadget player. And I think that may still be right, given his production came on one play. But kid can play. This is Julio's world, and can see Gabriel being utilized more going forward, but think Sanu is a guy more polished and effective and likely to keep Gabriel in a gadget role.

Benny Cunningham, RB, LA -- real productive day. But when could we ever depend on consistency from Benny Cunningham? Especially in this offense.

Breshard Perriman, WR, BAL -- had a solid game, but Flacco is one of the worst rated and worst performing QBs this year -- and maybe over the course of time since he signed his new contract. Hard to trust consistency from any of the WRs on BAL except for maybe Steve Smith, who will get his on sheer badass-ery alone.

I like Williams and Starks as suggested by the last poster. Hill (as long as Maclin is out), Garcon and Rogers are also interesting as mentioned earlier. bibbs is also someone to watch.

RB

Doug Martin, TB -- imagine he's been scooped over the last week or two in most leagues, but if not.... Didn't see the game, but seems that in his first game back being eased in, he was productive. No way this remains any kind of split with Barber or anyone else if Martin gets back to 100%

Wendell Smallwood, PHI -- surprised to see his statline but looked to be very productive. Sproles and Matthews aren't going anywhere, but potentially a solid stash to hold onto.

WR

Tyreek Hill, KC -- guy seems to show up every week on both the field, and in the WW gems. Can't be denied as a solid flex play. Don't care how many fumbles he had.

Pierre Garcon, WAS -- WAS seems to be continuing their winning ways, and Garcon is not flashy or puts up gaudy yards, but can see him being a consistent contributor through the second half as Cousins continues some dependable play.

Kenny Britt, LA -- Tavon Austin, IMHO, is still going to be the primary receiver, but no denying Britt has been very solid and has momentum. Could see him maintaining this and playing as well as Austin down the stretch.

Eli Rogers, PIT -- game still going, but looks to be a performer that can step up in lieu of Coates et al.

TE

Cameron Brate -- he is up and down, and will always take a backseat in targets to Evans, but is involved in the passing  game consistently, seems to have Winston's trust, and is looked for in red zone opportunities.

Zach Miller -- run of mill numbers this weekend (4 for 30), but gets his targets and should be a very dependable every week starter if you are sick of guessing between wire guys in streaming.

FOOL'S GOLD:
Taylor Gabriel, WR, ATL -- many thought his productive game in previous week may have been flukey, or that he's more of a gadget player. And I think that may still be right, given his production came on one play. But kid can play. This is Julio's world, and can see Gabriel being utilized more going forward, but think Sanu is a guy more polished and effective and likely to keep Gabriel in a gadget role.

Benny Cunningham, RB, LA -- real productive day. But when could we ever depend on consistency from Benny Cunningham? Especially in this offense.

Breshard Perriman, WR, BAL -- had a solid game, but Flacco is one of the worst rated and worst performing QBs this year -- and maybe over the course of time since he signed his new contract. Hard to trust consistency from any of the WRs on BAL except for maybe Steve Smith, who will get his on sheer badass-ery alone.
I don't think Austin is the primary WR at all anymore.  Last couple games, Britt is out Targetting Austin 16-9, and has a 11-158-1 statline compared to 3-36-0 one.  I think Britt's the guy there.

I don't think Austin is the primary WR at all anymore.  Last couple games, Britt is out Targetting Austin 16-9, and has a 11-158-1 statline compared to 3-36-0 one.  I think Britt's the guy there.
Who even knows with the Rams. Today Britt had a fast start against soft coverage by Revis and then that stopped. Austin started getting more targets late including an endzone target. The Rams don't really seem like they make it a priority to score so it's hard to apply logic.

We discuss this elsewhere, including the RB Lotto ticket thread, but now is your chance.

Get Paul Perkins before tonight's game.  If he doesn't start getting more work, then just cut him later on. He is only 24% owned on Yahoo, so I know some of you guys can take a shot and  try him on an "end of bench stash".

This doesn't look to be a big week thus far, as far as waiver wire pickups, but then again I missed some of the early games.

TZM

Akeem Hunt worth an add in deep leagues?  Or was that a one and done?   He looked decent. 
Both Miller and Blue were banged up in that one. If one or both are out, then may be worth an add. But, Miller finished out the game and not sure about Blue.

Prosise is available in my league-- is he worth #2 WW priority w/ Rawls coming back? He would be my #4 behind Bell, Ware, and Booker probably??

M. Floyd, may be picking up steam and Fitz banged up.
Floyd was going to be my suggestion as well. :thumbup:

As you mentioned Fitz finished the game but is going for an MRI.  Arians stated they need to get more going for Floyd down the stretch.  And JJ nelson looks more like a situational type player.

Last edited by a moderator:
Damien Williams
He scored well enough due to his TDs, but what do you see going forward? He didn't get a lot of work.   I have him already in a deep league (should have started him over Jennings) but considered dropping before this week. 

shady inc said:
going to put in a claim for kenneth dixon
I'm torn between Dixon who could end up being the lead back, but will have West still eating carries likely consistently --or Henry, whom I drafted and dropped last week --who has the higher ceiling, but Tenn seems to want to ride Murray exclusively -

I'm torn between Dixon who could end up being the lead back, but will have West still eating carries likely consistently --or Henry, whom I drafted and dropped last week --who has the higher ceiling, but Tenn seems to want to ride Murray exclusively -
Assuming you don't own Murray (otherwise makes it an easier choice), and depending on where you are in your playoff hunt, but seems to me it's better to have a bird in hand (a back like Dixon who will see consistent playing time with a cap and upside if West gets injured) than one in the bush (a back like Henry who looks like he will only see consistent playing time with an injury to Murray).

MattFancy said:
Both Miller and Blue were banged up in that one. If one or both are out, then may be worth an add. But, Miller finished out the game and not sure about Blue.
Akeem Hunt can play but he'll probably only be part of a committee unless Miller and Blue miss time. He's always looked good to me...better than Tyler Ervin as a RB for sure up to this point. I would speculate if Miller was out instead of limited he'd have a nice role...Blue is the bigger back of course. There's a chance he's also banged up a bit. Grimes is also banged up but I much prefer Hunt.

Jacksonville has let multiple RBs have success in single games the past couple of weeks.... Derrick Henry also had his best game spelling Murray, so it may amount to chasing points. Still, depending on your needs and roster requirements Hunt could be a stash. I'd like him better in a split with Blue if Miller were out.

Assuming you don't own Murray (otherwise makes it an easier choice), and depending on where you are in your playoff hunt, but seems to me it's better to have a bird in hand (a back like Dixon who will see consistent playing time with a cap and upside if West gets injured) than one in the bush (a back like Henry who looks like he will only see consistent playing time with an injury to Murray).
Yeah, I tend to agree.

Are any of you holding onto or going after Alfred Morris if you dont own Elliot? I would like to get a feel for your view on Alf and Elliot.  Would Alf be a workhorse if Elliot is out?  Do you think there is any chance that Elliot gets suspended?

The Cowboys have the best offensive line in football and if Elliot were to get hurt then Morris could be a top 10 rb (maybe higher) if he gets the opportunity.

Are any of you holding onto or going after Alfred Morris if you dont own Elliot? I would like to get a feel for your view on Alf and Elliot.  Would Alf be a workhorse if Elliot is out?  Do you think there is any chance that Elliot gets suspended?

The Cowboys have the best offensive line in football and if Elliot were to get hurt then Morris could be a top 10 rb (maybe higher) if he gets the opportunity.
the zeke owner just had to pay up james starks last week to get Alf in one of my leagues.  It's almost irresponsible for the zeke, bell, david jhonson owners to not have their handcuffs rostered... i personally added ellington as a speculative add last week just because the upside is enormous

Alf is probably the most high value handcuff right now and would produce if given the carries. I am holding him in leages where I have Zeke and even where I don't.

Cameron Meredith, part deux.
took a flyer on him last week as a bye week wr3 and lucked out... i think im still cutting him if only because he literally has gotten a single target each week the last 3 weeks.... i see alshon's target share going to royal and zach miller

took a flyer on him last week as a bye week wr3 and lucked out... i think im still cutting him if only because he literally has gotten a single target each week the last 3 weeks.... i see alshon's target share going to royal and zach miller
I would hold him another week just to see how things shake out. he has abilities the other pass catcher's dont. Royal is fragile as heck too.

the zeke owner just had to pay up james starks last week to get Alf in one of my leagues.  It's almost irresponsible for the zeke, bell, david jhonson owners to not have their handcuffs rostered... i personally added ellington as a speculative add last week just because the upside is enormous
I couldnt imagine owning Zeke and not having Alf.   I reached out to the Elliot owner and asked if he was interested in Alf and his reply was "no, why would I want a player who never plays? I would never start him."   So I have been holding him just waiting for his chance...

I think this is a Waiver Wire question - is Ty Montgomery cuttable now?  Would you hold him for 1 more week to see how the offense plays out?  He basically did nothing last week vs Tennessee.  

Though I am not sure if this is a fair game to evaluate Ty.   It is possible that GB fell behind by so many points so quickly that they threw their gameplan out the window.  Starks was the lead back, but I believe he only received 7 carries.

I think this is a Waiver Wire question - is Ty Montgomery cuttable now?  Would you hold him for 1 more week to see how the offense plays out?  He basically did nothing last week vs Tennessee.  

Though I am not sure if this is a fair game to evaluate Ty.   It is possible that GB fell behind by so many points so quickly that they threw their gameplan out the window.  Starks was the lead back, but I believe he only received 7 carries.
Good question. Montgomery is still listed as a WR in my league (CBS Sportsline) and I am debating whether to toss him back or not.

Anyone think the Dolphins D is worth a pick-up ?

I couldnt imagine owning Zeke and not having Alf.   I reached out to the Elliot owner and asked if he was interested in Alf and his reply was "no, why would I want a player who never plays? I would never start him."   So I have been holding him just waiting for his chance...
Who is bell cuff? Troussant for next two weeks? Than D will for playoffs? 

packer_junkie said:
Who is bell cuff? Troussant for next two weeks? Than D will for playoffs? 
D. Will is who I would stay with and I am. He is the only player they have with the upside to replace Bell. I would skip Troussant completely. I think they bring up Karlos Williams if Bell and Williams are a no go.

CaptainJT said:

OC came out and said he was still on a snap count again cause of sickle cell trait.

If you have room on your bench I'd hold.

CaptainJT said:

Im dropping.

It wasn't just usage...he barely saw the field.  Playing from behind, you would have thought you would see more Montgomery and less Starks.  But Starks was out there...even motioning out wide eventhough he was not going to see the ball being thrown to him out there.  Made zero sense.

Team looks like they have about given up on McCarthy and he has given up either trying to use Montgomery...or there is more to his illness and rep count than they are letting on.  There was zero reason for him not to be out there more once behind...he is more dynamic than Starks...but the usage just isn't there.

Was this stated again this week?  They said that for Week 9 against Indy...

"Offensive coordinator Edgar Bennett acknowledged wide receiver/running back Ty Montgomery was on a rep count for the second straight game because of complications from sickle-cell trait. Montgomery played just 22 snaps, carrying three times for 9 yards and catching two passes for 11 yards. …  "

http://host.madison.com/wsj/sports/football/professional/packers-health-status-unclear-on-offensive-linemen-t-j-lang/article_48eb3dac-3118-5733-833a-c95db7983a92.html

Watching the game, I thought this might be the case again, because basically all of Monty's touches came on their first or second series, then he didn't see the field again until deep into garbage time.

Which was sort of perplexing considering the game script called for his skills, and after all the praises we heard from McCarthy about Monty last week, I didn't believe this was some sort of outright benching / doghouse situation. Maybe he started feeling the sickness again after a couple runs?

Well that's been rather underreported...

Confirmation bias at its finest -- many of the "fantasy experts" want to believe Starks is the guy, so they ignore the situation of Montgomery completely.  Cecil just this week on the recap show said Montgomery belonged on your bench or your waiver wire.  Wrong... assuming he's actually going to be reaching full health in the coming weeks.

re: Alfred Morris as a pickup for non-Zeke owners (assume those who do own Zeke have or will make it a priority to carry him through the playoff):

Is Dallas known for resting starters going into the playoffs?

Dallas is cruising right now and with the best record in the NFL, and while the other teams in their division have solid records, and anything is possible, still hard to see Big D being overtaken for the division lead. A first round playoff bye is likely as well.

Given the load Zeke has taken, one option is to rest Zeke prior to playoffs, where Morris could be big in fantasy playoffs.

Thoughts? 

Confirmation bias at its finest -- many of the "fantasy experts" want to believe Starks is the guy, so they ignore the situation of Montgomery completely.  Cecil just this week on the recap show said Montgomery belonged on your bench or your waiver wire.  Wrong... assuming he's actually going to be reaching full health in the coming weeks.
Totally agree. On another forum I visit, everyone is saying drop or dogging Monty without even mentioning the snap count. Of course mostly coming from Starks truthers.

Pretty much every thread there is a delusional hype train sprinkled with aggressive detractors anyways. No surprise the derailers are usually the guys that have the competing players.  

re: Alfred Morris as a pickup for non-Zeke owners (assume those who do own Zeke have or will make it a priority to carry him through the playoff):

Dallas is cruising right now and with the best record in the NFL, and while the other teams in their division have solid records, and anything is possible, still hard to see Big D being overtaken for the division lead. A first round playoff bye is likely as well.

Given the load Zeke has taken, one option is to rest Zeke prior to playoffs, where Morris could be big in fantasy playoffs.

Thoughts? 
Interesting thought... I think we're in uncharted territory here in Dallas, but they certainly didn't back off Murray the last time they had a workhorse like this.  Murray was a FA though, not a rookie at the start of his career.

Zeke has 198 carries and 18 receptions through 9 games -- that's a pace of 384 touches over 16 games.  Thing of it is, they're giving him 20-25 touches a week, so does it really matter saving 25-50 touches in Weeks 16-17?

Dallas is 2 games clear in the division, 1.5 games clear of Seattle.  It's plausible to me that Seattle pushes Dallas enough that Zeke never gets a break... but it's also plausible they're dominating Detroit sufficiently in Week 16 so as Zeke gets 10 carries and Morris gets the rest.

The real value in Morris is if Zeke goes down, which his workload is incredibly high right now...

Thoughts? 
Maybe.I doubt it though, you don't want to much rust to build and lose momentum.

Except he's Ellington

Deeper leagues or possibly dynasty wires -- Cobi Hamilton and Quinton Patton.

Patton seems to be developing a rapport with Kaepernick -- 9 targets in back to back games. 

Hamilton played 67 snaps for Pittsburgh to 71 for Brown, 62 for Rogers, and 2 for Sammie Coates.  Only got 1 target, but converted it for 39 yards.  If he keeps getting that much PT, it's possible he starts emerging more down the stretch.

Totally agree. On another forum I visit, everyone is saying drop or dogging Monty without even mentioning the snap count. Of course mostly coming from Starks truthers.

Pretty much every thread there is a delusional hype train sprinkled with aggressive detractors anyways. No surprise the derailers are usually the guys that have the competing players.  

But we don't know when/if he will ever be healthy or off this snap count/limited reps.  I own Montgomery and have no intention of picking up Starks or owning him.

Im likely dropping Monty as I just can't rely on him.

In my 12 team I'm holding onto Ty. There just isn't much out there at this point. Even in my 10 team I'm holding. In my 12 team I actually released 2 guys that really screwed me and cost me a W. Those sneaky good plays of Sammie Coates (F this guy) and Inman. As it stands, I have the 5th waiver position, have 2 empty spots, and holding. There just isn't anybody out there worth grabbing this week it seems. Still hoping that some late news come in tonight. Maybe snag Sammy Watkins in hopes that he comes back in time for FF playoffs.

But we don't know when/if he will ever be healthy or off this snap count/limited reps.  I own Montgomery and have no intention of picking up Starks or owning him.

Im likely dropping Monty as I just can't rely on him.
I think he's a fine stash and see. If you don't have any room, I don't blame you. But I would advise against it if I think you had room.

If he puts up a clunker without the coaches mentioning a snap count, then he's a sure fire drop. I just don't think he was benched, and I think his limited play against TN was due to the illness. 

Starks started the game but Monty got a lot of snaps on their first and second series, getting 4 touches. It's not like he was playing absolutely terrible or blew a key block and almost got Rodgers injured. I suspect something came up, but who knows. Another good sign is that Starks didn't get bell cow work and he wasn't catching a boatload of passes in Monty's absence.

Could he be on a snap count ROS? Sure. But I can afford to keep him. Plus my WW is pretty bare, so there really isn't anyone that intriguing to drop him for. But I understand everyone's roster and WW is different. 

Edit: I'm on mobile, can't fix the big font.

Cant think of too many RB's out there worth taking but Alfred Morris if not handcuffed already or Dixon if he is still available.  WR's Meredith and Eli Rodgers. TE Brate and Ladarius Green. QB-again probably none out there worth taking unless someone was dropped like Bradford or Wentz.

Users who are viewing this thread