What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who's the 2016 NFL MVP right now? (1 Viewer)

Ghost Rider

Footballguy
In real ball, not fantasy. 

I think Prescott just put himself in the conversation with Carr and Ryan.  Ryan took a bit of a hit today.  I'd put Carr and Prescott 1a and 1b right now. 

In real ball, not fantasy. 

I think Prescott just put himself in the conversation with Carr and Ryan.  Ryan took a bit of a hit today.  I'd put Carr and Prescott 1a and 1b right now. 
Guy playing tonight may want to join in this conversation

Can't say it's Zeke because he's a great talent that is more like a final piece of a puzzle or something that makes something really good even better.   The MVP is the guy that your team simply can't live without and makes the absolute difference between your team winning games and losing them.  For that reason, it has to be more Carr or Ryan or someone because they are making their team win, not just satisfying fantasy football owners.  

The MVP is the guy that your team simply can't live without and makes the absolute difference between your team winning games and losing them.  
yeah, Elliott. not my team by any stretch, but it's Elliott.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't say it's Zeke because he's a great talent that is more like a final piece of a puzzle or something that makes something really good even better.   The MVP is the guy that your team simply can't live without and makes the absolute difference between your team winning games and losing them.  For that reason, it has to be more Carr or Ryan or someone because they are making their team win, not just satisfying fantasy football owners.  
You don't think Zeke is making the team win?  He might be the hardest RB to tackle in all of football right now.

yeah, Elliott. not my team by any stretch, but it's Elliott.
Cowboys without elliot (and maybe Morris) would still be in the conversation.  Oakland without Carr would be the Browns.  That is the literal idea of most valuable.   Carr is way more valuable.  I like the Cowboys more than the Raiders and neither are "my" team but Carr is simply more critical to his team.  

You don't think Zeke is making the team win?  He might be the hardest RB to tackle in all of football right now.
You guys are confusing "valuable" or "really productive" with "most valuable". Like I said above, the Cowboys and winning can still occur without elliot but the Raiders couldn't win a game without Carr.  By the design of the term, there are players more valuable than elliot.  

While I like your definition better, it isn't the way they choose MVP. Zeke is in the conversation. Brady, RYan, and Carr are the front-runners though.

Cowboys without elliot (and maybe Morris) would still be in the conversation.  Oakland without Carr would be the Browns.  That is the literal idea of most valuable.   Carr is way more valuable.  I like the Cowboys more than the Raiders and neither are "my" team but Carr is simply more critical to his team.  
Without Elliot, they don't control the clock as well. Dak is forced to throw more causing possibly more turnovers. Exposes the defenses to more plays. Yea without Elliot, Dallas has about 4 or 5 wins. In the division conversation but not in Super Bowl conversation.

They aren't the best team in the NFC without Zeke and at the end of the day that's all that really matters...getting to the Super Bowl.

You guys are confusing "valuable" or "really productive" with "most valuable". Like I said above, the Cowboys and winning can still occur without elliot but the Raiders couldn't win a game without Carr.  By the design of the term, there are players more valuable than elliot.  
But who cares about Carr if the Raiders go 1 and done in the playoffs?  Or the same with Ryan if that happens with the Falcons? If the Cowboys make the Super Bowl it should be between Zeke and the best player on the AFC rep.

But who cares about Carr if the Raiders go 1 and done in the playoffs?  Or the same with Ryan if that happens with the Falcons? If the Cowboys make the Super Bowl it should be between Zeke and the best player on the AFC rep.
I don't think playoff results have any bearing on the MVP outcome

Brady has played against the Browns, Steelers, Bengals and Bills .. not exactly a tough road of passing defenses. Its controversial but I think he quickly comes back to earth when they play some real defenses.

I also think David Johnson deserves consideration if the Cardinals go on to win the West and secure one of the top 2 seeds (meaning a 12-4 or at worst a 11-5 record).

Brady is extremely overrated. Been saying it for a while -- just about any QB would do well against the collection of teams they have played the last four weeks. Second half of the year they play some real defenses and then he will be back in the 8-10 area of top QBs.

We will see at week 17 where he stands. I will hold to my prediction that he ends up in rank between QB 8-10 between now and then. I am in no way saying he is a bad as he is a very good QB but he is not the top QB in the league.

We will see at week 17 where he stands. I will hold to my prediction that he ends up in rank between QB 8-10 between now and then. I am in no way saying he is a bad as he is a very good QB but he is not the top QB in the league.
fantasy football<>actual football

Brady still top 3 for sure, he's terrific.  People are badmouthing Russell Wilson this year too because he's hurting their fantasy teams, still a top 5ish real-life Qb.  You can keep your Kirk Cousins, I'll keep my Russell Wilson.  :thumbup:  

I would say Zeke, but he also looks like a lock for ROTY, and not sure how much the NFL awards both ROTY and MVP to the same guy. He deserves it though.

Others in the running: David Carr, Matt Ryan, Tom Brady, David Johnson, in that order.

I had Big Ben before the injury but if he continues to play like he did today, he might still be a chance... but doubt it haha.

I know Carr may have faltered in this race given that the Raiders lost a pretty critical game against the Chiefs, which was basically more on Carr than anyone else, but also hard to penalize him that severely for one bad game. 

If you define MVP as the guy who is the most valuable to his team, the guy that makes the most contribution who without, the team would be nowhere near as successful, I think it's defensible to say Carr is every bit that guy to the Raiders as Brady is to the Pats.

Users who are viewing this thread