What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A comprehensive list of cars you've owned (1 Viewer)

Doctor Detroit

Please remove your headgear
*Bought new

1976 Ford Fairmont: My Dad bought me this car.  Engine blew after I had it 3 months, had the car speakers stolen 4 or 5 times, car was terrible but I nailed a bunch of high school chicks in the back seat so good memories. 

1981 Chevy Chevette: My parents' car but I drove it a lot, including long nights as a Dominoes driver and when my parents went on vacation before I could drive, we'd "borrow" it for some hours. 

1986 Chevy Cavalier RS: My first real car.  Put a gangster kit on this thing, drove it all over, pulled much ##### in this car so it's a top 5 evah.  Ended up rusting out and my Dad junked it after I joined the military.  Good thing because there was a metric ton of DNA in that backseat. 

1977 Datsun Hatchback something rather:  I bought this car for $50 and put $20 of oil into it in 18 months.  This was my first car in Italy, the car I learned to drive manual, and the car that somehow ended up making me money in the end.  I had house speakers in this thing (I installed), they got stolen, and a hooker ended up getting them back for me because I let her in my apartment for some hot cocoa when I really didn't want them back.

1983 Talbot:  It drove from Italy to Germany and had a built-in siren.  That's all I can say about this car.  $500

*1994 Geo Prism: My first new car.  This car actually is the car I've owned the longest, 1994 to 2003.  I took good care of it and it ran like a top all over Europe. 

1986 Fiat Ritmo:  My Naples, Italy car.  This thing had no rear shocks, was bought from a Mafia guy, was broken into several times, and had no AC or heat.  I drove the #### out of it though, was worth whatever I paid. 

1990 BMW 520i: Don't buy anything from Naples, Italy.  This car sucked. I felt guilty selling it in Germany because I think the catalytic converter was ####, but I did it anyway.  :bag:

1983 Toyota jerk: Not sure what model this was but I remember I sold it to a guy who was mad I removed the store-bought drink holders.  Like $4 holders and he was pissed!  Good hatchback that transported stuff, no idea what I paid or sold it for.  It was under $500 though. 

1996 Audi A4: My first foray into nice cars.  This car was a Euro Spec and a really nice machine. 

1998 Ford Explorer: I shouldn't have bought this, it almost killed me on an icy road on a cold January day in Michigan because it was rear-wheel drive. 

1989 BMW M3 (E30), Euro Specs: I think this is my favorite car ever.  This thing was a monster, and IMO the E30 is the greatest driving machine ever manufactured.  Was my daily driver for three years and it hurt my soul to sell it.  I completely reconditioned the paint and the interior.  Sold it for more than I paid for it. 

1993 Volkswagon Golf: (Euro)  Piece of ####, awful, die in your sleep

*2006 BMW 330i (E90): I had an AC Schtizner kit, blacked out windows, drove it all over Europe, sold it in Texas so I could put a down payment on my lake house.  Loved this car, it was cherry like no other 3 series. 

2006 Ford Focus hatchback: Really solid car, got it from a bank repo and should have kept it.

2004 Honda CRV: My first Honda, had the picnic table wheel cover and I loved it.  Traded it in for my current CRV. 

1996 Chevy Blazer: Piece of ####.  Best thing about this car was the bumper sticker I put on while living in Texas: "Reelect Clinton/Gore, '96."  Piece of ####, not sure I'll ever buy another Chevy. 

*2010 Honda CRV: Still own this and people think it's new.  Terrible acceleration, but great car for road trips as a whole. 

2008 Honda Fit Base: totaled this car.  Got 38 mpg, seats move all kinds of ways, this car is the ultimate hatchback. 

*2013 Honda Civic SI: My first and only lease.  Solid car, meh. 

2013 Honda Fit Sport: My current daily driver, love it for my DC metro commute.  Put in blue LED lights, a bunch or sport specs, tinted the windows, and keep it immaculate.  I'm easy to please these days. :shrug:  

How bout you? Someone list a Gremlin please.  TIA. 

Last edited by a moderator:
1972 Pinto hatchback - metallic green (stick shift) (parent's car I drove)

1973 Ford Maverick - red w/black landau top (3 on tree) (parent's car I drove)

1976 Triumph Spitfire - powder blue (stick shift) (used - 1st car I purchased - $3500)

1973 Pinto "Woody" Station Wagon (pale yellow with "wood" panels and mesh mountain scene window panels-used $300) (totaled Spitfire - still paying it off and bought this)

1978 AMC Pacer - light blue (used - big mistake ...but had to live with it for 4 years)

1982 Camaro (first year of style change) - metallic brown

1986 Chrysler Horizon - black w/chrome running boards - used - 2nd car after marriage (stick shift)

1987 Honda Accord - dark blue (stick shift) - new: first car as a married couple

1990 Mitsubishi Diamante - pearlized black/big wheels - new

1993 Chrysler Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd - silver with gold pinstriping - new

1996 Chrysler Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd - black with gold pinstriping - new

1999 Toyota Avalon - white - used (car for me)

2001  Chrysler Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd - gold with gold pinstriping - new

2007 Cadillac CTS - white - used (car for me)

2013 Chrysler Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd - white - new

2013 Toyota Avalon - white - used (car for me)

1976 Opel - May have been constructed with tin foil but it ran: 4/10

982 Volvo 240 DL - This car was the bomb. Chick magnett have no idea why. It saved my life in a wreck, I drove away from. Other car smashed into bits. Great Beach mobile. Built like a ####### tank, put in a good sound system. 9.9 - 10

1996 Isuzu Impulse - Cool Car. Knight Rider light. Didn't take to flooding very well. 7.5-10

2002 Subaru Legacy - Purplish in color, Very popular with the ladies of the lesbian persuasion. Could have gone another decade. 8.5 - 10

2010 Audi A4 - Great for city driving fast and has sleek design. Good in the mountains to conquer nature yet remains sophisticated. 9.25-10

Next car may go cheap and get some bull#### Leaf or something to save money, or be dumb and go BMW 3, or play middle of the road and go back to Subaru.

1978 Buick Skylark

1980 Mercury Zephyr (I didn't think this one would make it home from college; I got pulled over at 2:30 in the morning one weekend in Amherst because the exhaust pretty much was billowing out from under the car)

1980 Audi 4000 (had the battery in the backseat ... also, we couldn't figure out why it kept overheating after I bought it; turns out the radiator fan was spinning the wrong way)

1985 Audi 5000 (told this story here before, but my favorite car ever ... was owned by the family of Jeremy Roenick, complete with the Blackhawks and Hull Olympiques decals in the rear window. Loved that car.)

1994 VW Jetta

1998 VW Jetta

2003 VW Jetta

2014 VW Jetta

Really wish I could afford Audis again. I had mine at the time when I had a friend who worked at a garage, so we knew the good places to find them and we could do a lot of the stupid expensive maintenance ourselves.

1967 VW Beetle (high school car purchased for $800 in 1983 when I turned 16)

1992 Saturn SL (first new car I owned year I got married)

1996 Subaru Legacy (moved to Utah and had a baby, needed better snow car)

1999 Mercury Mountaineer (needed a 2nd, bigger snow car)

2001 Ford Windstar (had a 2nd child, needed the damn minivan, traded in the Mountaineer)

2004 VW Beetle (traded in the Subaru)

2006 Toyota Prius (sold Beetle to MIL, needed 2nd vehicle)

2007 Ford Escape (traded in the minivan)

2000 Honda CRV (BIL moved to Japan and gave us this, avoided need to buy car for oldest daughter who had just turned 16)

2016 Toyota RAV4 (traded in CRV, younger daughter now driving the Escape)

Main ones:

1969 Firebird (my favorite car ever - had it in high school)

!995 BMW 540i - had it 10 years

2007 Cadillac CTS - going on 10 years

Had the typical Honda Accord types in late 20's after moving to the suburbs.  Commutes suck

73 Ford f100

84 be rabbit

90 ford t bird

96 Toyota Tacoma

2003 Volvo wagon 

2007 Honda Odyssey 

2011 Chevy suburban

1965 Chevy Impala

1964 Chevy Biscayne

1960 Rambler - inherited this beaut and it was my car during my rock&roll days, much to a lot of fancy folks' amusement. Pushbutton automatic, bench seat that folded seamlessly into the back seat, did a lot of weird #### in that car.

1976 Audi 100 - only car i ever bought new. Totalled it wasted, rolled twice down an embankment, walked away. Girl with me got messed up pretty bad but recovered.

1973 Subaru

1975 Dodge Van - moved out west in this

1965 Dodge Dart

2 1974 Subarus

1969 Ford Torino convertible

1978 Firebird - Rockford car

MY PRIDE AND JOY: 1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible - Cherry & cherry. Won a sizable Ky Derby future bet on Spend a Buck so spent a buck on my dream car. My Mary purely loved this buggy. We used to put her 4-foot boombox in the backseat on summer Sundays, crank up Husker Du, Bauhaus & Dead Kennedys and taligate Reno's terrorized tourists to places we weren't even going. When we'd get home, she'd put on her tiniest berkini and wash the car, going side2side with a legwhip across the hood that was from her pin move when she was a mudwrestler. Neighborhood wives called in the children while their husbands set up chairs.

1974 Cadillac Sedan de Ville

1985 Isuzu Trooper - this and the Eldo were the only cars i owned for more than decade.

2003 Suzuki Swift

Havent owned a car since 2011. Drive the peeps around in dad's Crown Vic

'68 Camaro

'70 Cuda

'95 Camaro

'96 Integra

'99 Accord

'99 Jetta

'04 Rav4

'04 Sienna

'05 Accord

Have flipped a few classic cars on craigslist, but I'm only counting cars I've driven more than 100 miles.

1989 Camaro RS with t-tops. A bad ### high school ride, my first car, gifted used from the folks (purchased for $6k or so), after I pulled a college scholarship (which was the deal struck some years earlier). Loved it, but folks had to sell it after pops lost his job (insurance was a small fortune...).  Sad day seeing it go, even sadder that my dad felt like he let me down.

1986 Cougar - I think it was some time around this year. Dad purchased for a song from my grandmother to replace the Camaro, put a spoiler on it and some shiny sporty wheels and surprised me with it.  Awesome, and after being back on the yellow school bus for a year, I'd have taken pretty much anything gladly 

1988 Honda Prelude - Sporty little car, used off the Honda lot .  Got it in black and put in one of those little red back-and-forth lights like in KITT.  So stupid, but that's what teenagers do.

1998 C5 Corvette.  Bought it new right out of college.  Was my "I have arrived" car, but was kind of ridiculous for a 22yo to be driving it.  Granted I was living in my parents basement still but had a decent job set up right after graduation and enjoyed it, pulled some hot chicks in it, one puked into the passenger side floorboards.  Was a great vette design after years of clunkers from GM.

2000 Blazer - traded in the vette after deciding to go back to school, for something more practical. 

Owned a motorcycle somewhere in here after getting rid of the blazer.  Almost killed myself on it one night on the grand central.  Decided after that no more motorcycles, ever.  If I want to go fast, I'll do it in something that won't eject me and turn my melon into missile and leave me a vegetable in the end.  

2002 BMW E46 M3 - purchased new in my last year of law school, after almost getting kilt on the bike.  Awesome car.  Got that ridiculous Laguna Seca Blue color, gorgeous, real head turner.  Total waste of money as I would move back to manhattan and trade it in for something more practical soon enough

2004 Mini Cooper Sport.  Traded in the M3.  Drove this a couple years before going no car in Manhattan for a while (zipcar emerged somewhere in this period, good stuff).

2010 Audi A5 - purchased new off the showroom floor, awesome car.  Beautiful and a blast to drive.  Needed a car because I met this hot chick in another part of Brooklyn I wanted to spend some more time with. (6 years married and three kids later, I got my wish and then some....)

2012 Audi Q5 - With first kid en route, needed to go bigger.  Also a great car  

2014 BMW X5 - another kid on the way and wanted something slightly bigger.  Leased this for three years and hated every minute of it.  400hp was awesome, but harsh, uncomfortable, jerky, overpriced.  Decided no more BMWs.  Traded that in to get a 

2016 Yukon Denali.  Bought certified pre owned with just 16k on the odo. Great family car.  Really a truck, and drives like one.  Massive, captains chairs, rear seat entertainment, and the engine from the Escalade so it moves.  We'll keep this a decade, really the ultimate family mover.

2006 Land Rover.  Bought used as a second car and loved it, except it had some engine glitch that would cause it to randomly stall.  Totally unsafe.  People talk about these cars having "ghosts" in the computers, and I saw why.  FIL and I one night smoked several cigars in it with the windows closed when he was visiting in winter after our second arrived.  That stench never left, and at trade in time my salesman called me out on it:  Eventually got rid of it as a trade in for a 

2015 Jeep Wrangler Sport Rocky Ridge Edition.  Bought new.  Bad ### weekend toy.  Basically looked like a military humvee, Tank green color and jacked up on 35" tires, big bumpers, winch.  Could drive this thing in then let rugged terrain, but mine saw at worst some pot holes in the mall parking lot.  Really loved it for cruising around on a nice summer day but after the third kid arrived it was time for a more practical 2nd car.  So only owned it a year, 2600 miles, then recently traded that in for a 

2017 Audi Q7.  Awesome car.  Most incredible tech I've ever seen in a car.   Love the design right down to the details.  Blast to drive.  Quicker than the 330hp suggests.  Only complaint is I wish it had captains chairs, would make life easier getting eldest kid into the back row.  But the reviews were stellar, so far we agree, and it just proved up for me that we like our Audis so much, such solid cars. It's not as spacious as the Yukon, but such a pleasure to drive.

With the Yukon and Q7 we are pretty set now, though Mrs. O wants me to get a weekend toy as a third car to replace my Jeep.  I've got my eye on a ~1980 Jeep CJ7 Renegade for around $15-20k; I'd leave the doors off and top off year round and garage it, just bring it it on nice spring and summer days to toke on a cigar while running local errands; something like this:

https://classics.autotrader.com/classic-cars/1980/jeep/cj-7/100798787

I've taken a bath on nearly all the cars I've bought over the years, bought cars that were stupidly expensive and wasteful, financed them, and barely owned them long enough to break them in, be I've wised up a bit as an older Otis.  We are finally at a spot where we own all our cars outright and it's a nice thing to not have to make a car payment.  Hopefully won't for many years (ever?)

1965 Chevy Impala

1964 Chevy Biscayne

1960 Rambler - inherited this beaut and it was my car during my rock&roll days, much to a lot of fancy folks' amusement. Pushbutton automatic, bench seat that folded seamlessly into the back seat, did a lot of weird #### in that car.

1976 Audi 100 - only car i ever bought new. Totalled it wasted, rolled twice down an embankment, walked away. Girl with me got messed up pretty bad but recovered.

1973 Subaru

1975 Dodge Van - moved out west in this

1965 Dodge Dart

2 1974 Subarus

1969 Ford Torino convertible

1978 Firebird - Rockford car

MY PRIDE AND JOY: 1975 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible - Cherry & cherry. Won a sizable Ky Derby future bet on Spend a Buck so spent a buck on my dream car. My Mary purely loved this buggy. We used to put her 4-foot boombox in the backseat on summer Sundays, crank up Husker Du, Bauhaus & Dead Kennedys and taligate Reno's terrorized tourists to places we weren't even going. When we'd get home, she'd put on her tiniest berkini and wash the car, going side2side with a legwhip across the hood that was from her pin move when she was a mudwrestler. Neighborhood wives called in the children while their husbands set up chairs.

1974 Cadillac Sedan de Ville

1985 Isuzu Trooper - this and the Eldo were the only cars i owned for more than decade.

2003 Suzuki Swift

Havent owned a car since 2011. Drive the peeps around in dad's Crown Vic
You older dudes had all the awesomest cars. I'm in such a 70s/early 80s nostalgia phase now. Was too young to drive but would love the old Jeep, one of the Smokey and the Bandit edition Trans Ams, and one of those old 8 series BMWs from that era. 

1969 Pontiac Catalina- My brother had turned 16 and I had just turned 15.  We each paid 200 to my next door neighbor for his old monster.

1973 Mercury Comet-Three on the tree transmission

1975 Mustang.  Totalled it.

1976 Chevy Caprice.  Horrible car

1984 Nissan Pulsar

1989 Ford Probe- The only new car I ever bought in my life!

1992 Camry

1998 Mustang

2004 Saab 9-3

2008 Infiniti G35-Still driving it.

I'm not going to list cars I "own" but are my wife's primary driver/

*were new

1979 Buick Regal

1991-92 Chevrolet Beretta GT not sure exact year.

1993 - Nissan Pickup

1995 - Bronco II

*1999 - Dodge Durango

*2009 - Chevy Traverse - swapped with wife she drives this and I drive *2003 Honda Accord

91 Mazda 626- hand me down from my parents. 

99 Nissan Maxima- by far, the best car I've ever owned. 

01 Triumph TT600- yeah...almost killed myself.

06 Jeep Wrangler- safer alternative to a motorcycle

10 Nissan Murano- bought this two months before our first kid. 

12 Jeep Grand Cherookee- paid off in July and I currently have no car payment. I've been looking, but kind of like be present situation 

This is only cars I've owned, not counting parent's car that I drove in high school.

1995 Acura Integra - gave to my brother-in-law in 2006 with 130K miles

2007 Porsche Carrera 911 - totaled with 43K miles

2009 Mercedes SLK55AMG - still own with 84K miles

1969 Pontiac Catalina- My brother had turned 16 and I had just turned 15.  We each paid 200 to my next door neighbor for his old monster.

1973 Mercury Comet-Three on the tree transmission

1975 Mustang.  Totalled it.

1976 Chevy Caprice.  Horrible car

1984 Nissan Pulsar

1989 Ford Probe- The only new car I ever bought in my life!

1992 Camry

1998 Mustang

2004 Saab 9-3

2008 Infiniti G35-Still driving it.
I had the '85

1966 mustang coup

489 bored out w/shaved heads, 4 barrel Holley, ignition, full duel exhaust. That car would shake the ground and screamed. No power stearing or brakes. I think this made me a damn near expert level driver. I learned to do J turns, burnouts, and 360s. If you can drive like a manic in that car and survive, getting into any car manufactured after 1990 is essentially cheating it's so easy. 

1987 Honda Accord

GREAT car. Bought it used for &1,300. Sunk another $1,500 into it and used and abused it for 3 years before the electrical system "blow'd up". I redlined that thing on every gear. 

1996 Toyota Corrola - Given to my wife by her mother. Good car that lasted a couple of years of our abuse.

1996 Buick Century - passed down from my grandfather. Nice car- one of the smoothest and best riding cars I've ever been in. Fast too for an old beater.

2000 Honda Civic

First new car and it was a great family starter car. Got close to 200k miles before I was rear ended while waiting to turn into my driveway. 

1997 Chevy Tahoe

Heavily modded and sitting snug in my garage to this day. I love this truck and will never sell it. 

2010 - Ford Edge 

The wifes current car. We love it. 

I feel feel like I'm missing several cars- will update as memory cones back. 

'83 Toyota Supra - several near death experiences in this car. :shock:  DO NOT give your 16 year old son one of these for his first car.

'98 Jetta VR6 - black/black leather stick shift.  Loved this car.

2003 Nissan Murano - meh.

2008 Escalade - sweet truck.

2010 Volvo SC90 - wife liked it, I hated it.

2012 4Runner -  Still have this. Great truck.

2014 BMW 335 - fun car, BMW dealership was the worst.  Will never buy another.

2004 Jeep Cherokee - what a piece of ####.  Loved it. :lol:  No matter what was wrong with it, youtube had 10 videos on how to fix it.  I am now nearly expert on Jeep engines and electrical.

2016 Accord Sport - hoping my wife catches on to thrifty matuski.  I'm more interested in retiring earlier than driving nice cars these days.

Damn you guys had a lot of cars... I've been driving since '92 and I've had (all used) :

• 1986 Jeep Comanche: (paid $4k from dealer) 4cyl pickup that was pretty reliable. Once redlined it all the way from Nashville to Memphis and the engine was never the same after that (went from sluggish to downright slow). Good times for a couple years. Sold to a kid for $4k a couple years later. 

• 1989 GMC Jimmy: (Paid $5k from folks - half price as college gift.) 4.3L v6 was surprisingly potent. Was mother's car before mine. Lots of good times with that truck. Beat on it like it owed me money and it never batted an eye. Finally sold it my Sophmore year in college because I didn't really need a car up there. Sold it for $7kish to a guy in Knoxville. 

• 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix LE: (Paid $5k from dealer) What a piece of #### this car was. Damn thing died on me the day I brought it home (transmission solenoid). Got the dealer to make the repair. Drove it for a few years and it sucked.  Sold it for ~$4k to private party. 

• 1996 Lexus GS300: (Paid $8k from folks) A year or so out of college I purchased this cash from my pop for what the dealers were going to give him for trade in. Fun car. A little big-bodied and it affected handling, but an excellent road trip or around town car. Drove it for several years, then finally dumped it to get what I wanted all along. Sold it for $5k to a black dude w/ gold teeth in a massive white tshirt with dollars airbrushed all over it. 

• 2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport: Cherry condition from a dealer in Jackson TN in 2006 for $14,900. Immediately began taking it offroad and building/customizing it. Have had it for just over a decade now and still absolutely love the thing. Cross country drives for week long expeditions in Moab, UT and Eagle County, CO are among some of my favorite memories. This thing is unstoppable. New engine just went in at 130k miles (had a air leak that sludged it up pretty good). Still own... May sell it someday but not today.  

• 2010 Hyundai Genesis 4.3 Tau: Picked up in 2014 for $15,750 from dealer outside Jackson, MS. I finally was ready to move on from daily-driving the wrangler (which can be challenging at times). Had really loved the value behind Genesis line and once I drove one I fell in love. Great power. Very well appointed interior with one of the best sound systems Ive ever heard in a car. it's been extremely reliable and is still an absolutely pleasure to drive ever day. 

I've been lucky.. I absolutely LOVE my two current vehicles and they've both been extremely good to me. 

Started driving in 1979. 6 cars in 37 years

1971 Ford Mustang - inherited from the parents

1979 Chevy Monza - stopgap POS after I wrecked the Mustang

1984 Mercury Capri RS - Mercury's version of the Mustang GT w/5.0L

1990 Acura Integra - first car I ever bought new.  

1996 Ford Explorer - liked it a lot. Bought with ~24K on it, sold it around 175K 

2009 Ford Escape Hybrid - current vehicle. Bought new, now over 170K miles

I will try an update later, but I figured that Id start with my first car..  It was interesting for a few reasons.  First off it was a Concours..  No big deal except I trully enjoyed PHR Car Craft  all that noise..  I never had heard of such a beast  (think I thought, maybe I was buying some imported version)

1st car Chevrolet Chevelle Concours Red w/ blacktop  327 11:1 compression  She could smoke any and everything (that cared) except an old 455 Pontiac..  The Beach smiled at me before we started out..  I was grinning for a bit, and then finally needed to hit 4th (saginaw) That Pontiac didnt even miss a beat and kept on strollin past me..  She seen my taillights for awhile though!

89 ford escorts -  was my step mom's car ...POS, but it was a car.  Smoked a ton of dope in it.  Killed the trans one summer and my dad replaced it (took like 3 months) and I had to drive his full size Chevy diesel van.  Forgot why we finally 86'd this one

91? Pontiac Sunbird -  another POS we bought from my cousin.  Drive this through college.  Towards the end the door lock broke so I had to climb in and out of the passenger seat.  Was fun turning that one into the dealership for appraisal 

2002 Chevy Trailblazer -  my first new car.  Really liked it, kept it about 10 years with some minor repairs...think I ended up with 165K on it.  Swapped this with the wife's 99 blazer when we had kid 1.  Ended up getting it back after kid 2 when we had to got a mini van

2010 Ford focus -  bought used when the Trailblazer was getting too costly.   Gets me to and from work but also in the POS category .  Probably drive it another year or two

Also have leased several Chrysler Town and Country for the wife...forgetbexaxt years, maybe a 2011, 2014 and 2016

1993 Ford Probe GT — Bought it used. My first car after I landed my first job out of college. It looked great but turned out to be a real lemon. Lesson learned.

1991 Toyota MR2 turbo — Bought from a friend. Great, fun car, but again constantly needed work for silly stuff that added up. I guess I didn't really learn my lesson.

Lived without a car for a few years, which is pretty easy in Chicago. But once we had a kid, I got a 2012 Ford Fusion SE. My lesson was finally learned. I bought the most boring car possible and I haven't had to take it to the shop once.

I get program cars and have had so many it is hard to remember them all but here are some.

1. First car was a 1974 Pinto Hatchback automatic.  0-60 in about two minutes..to this day is was the slowest vehicle I have even driven. Plus they were all expoding in rear end collisions.  It was funny because my mother used to say everytime I left the house...watch in your rear view mirror for someone hitting you...because these cars are exploding.  Not don`t drive this car it is unsafe. I drove this car for a week after a total brake failure..the brake pedal was just hanging there useless.  I used the emergency brake to stop...I got pretty good at it because if you pulled up too fast the brakes would lock and you would screech to a halt.

2. In college I bought a used 1980 Datsun 280z..looked great and I thought I was cool.  Took a girl out on a date and it was raining and she said it is all wet on the floor.  I lift up the mat and you can see right through to the road. A hole had rusted right through the floorboard. Within 6 months everything was rusting out. Not counting that it broke down at least once a month. I totaled it while driving drunk home from a party at 3am.  Took a turn too fast hit a big curb that buckled the whole front end and sideswiped a telephone pole, I got out and left it there and ran to a friends house.  Went to the police station the next day because the car had been towed and they asked if I was drinking and I said of course not.

3. 1984 Honda Prelude.   Really liked everything about this car and after that piece of crap Datsun it seemed like a Benz to me.  Had the sunroof, 5 speed.  Then the timing chain went and screwed up the engine. Was rusting a bit too soon as well.

4. 1988 Bonneville.  This is the first car I had that had all the button and gadgets on the steering wheel.  Car drove great and It was good for a couple of years but fell apart fast

5. 1993 Explorer Limited-  Was making some money now and Explorers were hot at this time and SUVs were just hitting the market.  Explorers at this time were like Escalades or Suburban's they seemed so big even though they were not. Plus at that time it seemed like you were driving a semi sitting up high.

6. 1995 Eddie Bauer Explorer-  This is the year I started getting program vehicles to use. It was pretty much the same as the 93. Still have the leather Eddie Bauer travel bag that came with it.

7. 1996 Honda Accord- Going from riding high in the Explorers the Accord seemed like my read end was dragging on the ground. Accords were gaining popularity at this time.   It drove nice but seemed tinny and cheaply made.

8. 1997-2002 I was doing work for Chrysler and drove a new Jeep Cherokee every year as a program vehicle.  It was amazing because they were all pretty much the same year to year. Just a few cosmetic changes here and there. I kept thinking..are they going to change anything but when you are driving new vehicles for 150.00 a month you don`t complain too much.

9. 2002-2008-  Had 2 Town and Country vans in this period.  Never thought I would like a van but ended up loving these vehicles, open the side doors and load up the kids and dogs. Had the dVD player. These were great to travel in. I would not mind having another one.  They are great to go out with 6 adults as well..roomy and east in and out.

10. 2009- Ford Fusion-  Was doing work for Ford and they gave me a Fusion to drive for a year.  Only drove it for a year but I really liked this car. After driving big vehicles forever it looked so small but inside and the trunk was much roomier than expected.

11. 2010 Fusion- see above

12. 2011-2013  Chevy Tahoe- Drove this for two years.  Loved the ride and taking this up north with the dogs. Had everything you needed in a vehicle

13. 2014 to now Cadillac STS-  This car flies, has a great ride. I would never pay sticker for this car or any vehicle pushing 50K for that matter.

14.  Have not got it yet but my next vehicle if going to be a Ford F-150 pickup.  Was able to secure one as a program vehicle next spring.  Always wanted a pickup at least once in my life.  My buddy had one and I really like it. So we will see.

1996 Mitsubishi Galant (Dark Green)

2007 Ford Mustang (Black)

2017 Ford Mustang (Lightning Blue)  :wub:

1988 Honda Prelude - Sporty little car, used off the Honda lot .  Got it in black and put in one of those little red back-and-forth lights like in KITT.  So stupid, but that's what teenagers do.
:lmao:

Awesome. Did you put a Turbo Boost button on the console too?

1986 LeBaron

1987 Sunbird GT

1998 Mustang

1998 Explorer

2002 Neon

2006 Trailblazer

2009 Optima

2003 Escalade

2002 Altima

2003 Altima

2006 Jetta

2003 Grand Am

Glad to see such long lists, makes me feel not so bad about the fleet I've owned.

Chronologically:

1. 1977 Ford LTD('83-86)-birthday present middle of my junior year of HS. It was the greatest tank one could ask for.  Had it until it was totaled by a similar sized tank when I was in college.

2. 1980 Toyota Supra('86-94)-Got me through 6 years of college/grad school but I didn't treat it like the high-performance car it was.  To this day I almost wish that I had kept it and used the money for my next car payment on brining it back to top condition instead, but it probably would have suffered the same fate as my next car. Not having this car any more is one of my regrets in life.

3. 1994 Chevy Cavalier('94-02)-Say what you want, but this last model year of GM's K-car body was everything someone on a budget could want.  It only ever needed regular oil changes and I had to replace the alternator when it was 6 years old.  Took me from post-college into marriage and the birth of my first two kids, but shortly after turning 100K miles on it, it was totaled by an inattentive woman in an SUV.  This is the other car I wish I didn't have to part with.

4. I'm really not counting the 1989 Ford Festiva my wife had (~'96-99) when we married; it was an ugly, underpowered box of crap and I maybe drove it twice before we gave it away and replaced it with a 1979 Chevy Malibu('99) that literally had been driven by a little old lady to church on Sundays; problem was, she stopped going to church years ago and the car basically sat for years before we got it.  My wife hated it because it never ran right and it wasn't worth the cost of repairs.  We donated it to charity.

5. 1994 Dodge Caravan('02-07)-Used the money I got from the insurance on my Cavalier towards my first family-oriented vehicle.  It had more get up and go than I expected, but it was no match for the abuse we put it through.  Got ~$300 for it as a trade-in about 3-4 years later.

6. 1998 Buick Century('99-'04)-After the Malibu disaster, we got into this one pretty cheap, and it lasted just as long as we needed it to.  We donated to charity.

7. 1988 Honda Civic('04-07)-Our soon to be ex-BIL directed us to this little gem with just 235,000 miles on it.  It only cost $500 and since it was a Honda Civic we thought it would run for a couple more years.  It turned out the engine was fine but the rest of the car was complete crap.  We traded it in at the same time as our Caravan and actually got more for it than we did the minivan.  My fondest memory was that one of my kids called it 'the panda', since he initially thought that was the brand name.

8. 2003 Kia Sedona('07-16)-We traded in two cars and our tax refund to get our first and maybe only CarMax car.  It was pretty reliable and durable, though. We would still have it today if I had known that at some point we had run over something that created an oil leak which led to me burning up the engine.

9. 1994 Geo Prism ('06)-Manual transmission made this car fun to drive, but the transmission started going shortly after we got it.  Fortunately one of our neighbors t-boned it in front of my house and totaled it; we got more for it than we had paid. We gave it to charity.

10. 1998 Hyundai Sonata ('06-08)-Bought it from a mechanic friend of a friend, but the guy was in a rush to sell it and we were in a rush to buy, so we got screwed.  Plus, while he warned us that "the owner's son" had driven it rough for a while, he didn't give a near close description of how messed up the front end was.  We ended up  giving it to the parents of one of my kids' classmates.  The dad was pretty good with cars and as far as I know they still have it to this day.

11. 1995 Ford Crown Victoria ('08-11)-My dad gave us this car, as he became more interested in Cadillacs.  It had been stolen and I'm not sure it was ever the same after that.  It began nickel and diming me after a couple of years, until the manifold blew up while I was driving it.  I got it to the local mechanic, who game me $100 for it and fixed it up for his own kid.

12.  2011 Hyundai Elantra Touring wagon ('13-present)-After limping from bad car to bad car for 7+ years, my parents helped me get something newer, and we got this car which had 1 previous owner.  It had ~24K miles on it when we bought it, but now it's pushing 100K in not quite 4 years.  The only issue we have now with that car is cosmetic, as my son rear-ended an SUV with it about a week after getting his license.

13. 2016 Hyundai Elantra GT ('16-present)-I was so happy with how our other Elantra has been treating us that I decided to get another one after our van blew up, but we're just leasing this one.  I much prefer 'classic' cars but I am enjoying zipping around in this one. It's also our first car with Blue Tooth, so it's fun making calls in it. :nerd:

1975 Buick Regal - Hand me down.

1984 Mercury Cougar* - New, HS grad gift

1982 Toyota Celica - Replacement for the oft-crashed Cougar

1993 Dodge Intrepid* - New, big raise after a few years in the workforce

2002 Honda Accord - Late model used.

2012 Nissan Altima* - New, handed down the Accord to oldest kid

My rather unimpressive list...

1986 Pontiac 6000 (bought used...totaled it)

1993 Chevy Corsica (new - totaled it)

2001 Chevy Blazer (new - traded in)

2010 Toyota 4Runner (new - current vehicle)

1977 Fiat Strada
1986 Mazda 626
1989 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1991 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee
1998 Saab 9-5
2001 Saab 9-5
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2013 Dodge Journey
2015 Jeep Cherokee

1990 Plymouth Sundance - First car.  Complete base model with zero bells or whistles.

1992 Ford Ranger - Needed a truck for my summer job after HS.  I hated the color (teal), but rode that thing into the ground.  It was a manual transmission which had to get replaced twice.

2000 Mitsubishi Galant - bought brand new my Sr. year of college.  Drove this car for 14 years until I finally melted the engine block when the oil was seeping out of the seals and I didn't add oil fast enough.  Had about 250K miles on it.

2000 Ford F-150 - bought this from my dad when the Galant died.  He was getting rid of it right when I needed a vehicle.  It's still running OK, but I fear it is on its last legs.  Has 218K miles on it.

98' Pontiac Gran Prix - car my parents got me when I was 16

01' Jeep Cherokee - College ride

04' Audi A4 - bought used for 1/4 the price of a new one and 70K miles.

09' Mercedes C300 - bought used for about 1/3 of a new one and 13K miles.  

1965 Mustang - Ivy Green - mom bought in 1970 - still have it
1995 Mustang - Red - bought new
1999 Dakota Sport - Black - bought new
2004 Durango - Gray - bought new
2015 Durango - Black - bought new

1979 Jeep Wagoneer (First car, high school)

1985 Cutless Sierra (This IS your grandfather's oldsmobile - finished high school with this boring crapfest)

1987 Oldsmobile Tornado (college - was a pimped out sales exec car from dad's Co. and it ROCKED when it wasn't broken down. Which was always)

1995 Acura Integra "Special Edition" - First car I owned/leased.  Loved that car

1999 Honda Prelude - Loved this car too, just owned it too long

2007 Infiniti 6MT - Special one year least because they were upgrading the car

2008 Infiniti G37s - Loved this car as well

2010 Infiniti G37s - So much I did it twice... never again, no more manual transmission

2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Was bored of the same car, and would need to spend $20k more for something more fun. I spent 10k less and love it. 

Galileo said:
1993 Chevy Corsica (new - totaled it)
In '96 I spent a couple of months working for a rental car company, and the bulk of their fleet was the Corsica. That's one I would have liked to have owned at some point, they seemed like fun little sedans.

1. 1984 Honda Accord LX hatchback (loser blue)

2. 1991 Honda Civic Si hatchback

3. 1992 Isuzu Rodeo (4WD)

4. 2000 Nissan Frontier SE (king cab, 4WD)

5. 2005 Toyota RAV-4 Sport

6. 2015 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited

Users who are viewing this thread