What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A week later, I am still crushed. The perspective of a mixed-race marriage and a loss of trust (1 Viewer)

He will still be my friend.  My more hard and fast comment is I doubt he'd ever be my children's godfather.  He clearly has shown a lack of understanding, and more so appreciation, for what they face in this world.  He's smart enough to know and care, and yet he supports a bigoted racist campaign none the less.

Not sure what other motivations are needed.  He supported a bigoted racist campaign, that's fulfilling it's promise by naming Bannon, and my kids are going to be mixed race.  It's not his vote that appauls me, it's the message and campaign he supports.  It is, literally, harmful to the very wellbeing of my family in terms of atmosphere that has the recent jump in hate related crimes and incidents, and in terms of expected policy latter. 
You need to send your friend this thread so he can see what his friend really thinks of him. 

My son will be 7 for the next election, I'll prob still try to keep him sheltered from it - not the concept of democracy and the election, but the underlying tone of the candidates and the platforms they stand on.
You can't be completely sure. There could be other kids in school being bullied because they or their parents are one or another kind of wrond (depending on the flavor du jour) - such behaviour would likely be based in behaviour their parents or other family members the kids interact with have exhibited (or spoken out loud)

I've never thought twice about mixed race kids. And I think you're exaggerating the impact this election will have on anyone's feelings about it. I personally don't think anyone gives a hoot. I really don't.
I agree with this 100%.  I never look at someone's race or gender as a means to judge someone.... seems like the left is way more into the gender and race politics.

BTW, none of this would be happening if they didn't block Bern.

Instead, they wanted to keep it status quo, apparently they didn't take note when the GOP voters told the party to #### themselves by voting for Trump, should've been the red flag right there.

I can't believe I voted for Bernie - he was my protest. I hate his policies, but he was the only guy that wasn't a POS, the Dems didn't want him, he was too anti-establishment. #### them!

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with this 100%.  I never look at someone's race or gender as a means to judge someone.... seems like the left is way more into the gender and race politics.
Clearly we have a concensus here. Racism does not exist (or is supported by anyone) since Steeler and T J don't.

You can rest easy now @Koya , all is well

Haven't read the thread but.... People need to calm the #### down.
Seriously....objective analysis tells us we're at the eye of the storm.  So he's said all this stupid #### to get elected.  The question remains...how much of it was to get elected and how much was genuine?  Actions will speak and then we can go from there.  For example, he's already walked back his position on homosexuals.  I'm not trying to defend him in any fashion because I don't what the hell he's going to do, but that's where I'm at.  I am not assuming anything at this point.  Time will tell us exactly what we need to know.

Exactly. People pissing and moaning about this are the ones to blame. You keep electing the same worthless turds over and over again. You paraded out the biggest turd ever and we rejected her. We had enough.
Yet...you don't care that thus far he is bringing in the same type of turds you all complained about and supposedly rejected.

Seriously....objective analysis tells us we're at the eye of the storm.  So he's said all this stupid #### to get elected.  The question remains...how much of it was to get elected and how much was genuine?  Actions will speak and then we can go from there.  For example, he's already walked back his position on homosexuals.  I'm not trying to defend him in any fashion because I don't what the hell he's going to do, but that's where I'm at.  I am not assuming anything at this point.  Time will tell us exactly what we need to know.
On another note, if true, also walking back this: http://english.alarabiya.net/en/views/news/middle-east/2016/11/10/Donald-Trump-and-the-Middle-East-Ignore-the-campaign-rhetoric-.html#.WCRxeiAUhRM.twitter

Donald Trump’s earth-shattering victory as the 45th President of the United States has sent shockwaves across the Middle East. Questions about the real estate mogul’s outlandish campaign promises such as taking Iraq’s oil or restricting immigration from the “terrorist nations”, and whether those would be implemented into actual policies, are being debated in Arab policy circles.

According to Arab diplomatic sources, who have communicated directly with high level officials in the Trump campaign, Trump the candidate might not be Trump the President. Unpredictability and lack of coherent foreign policy define his policies in the Middle East, clouded by differences with Vice President-elect, Mike Pence, on the major issues.

Three months after Trump declared his infamous Muslim ban last December, his campaign according to Arab diplomatic sources, reached out to different Middle East embassies in Washington, DC. The message from the Trump campaign to key Arab diplomats last Spring was a plea to “ignore Mr. Trump’s rhetoric on the campaign trail.”

The outreach which was done by his staff mostly to key states in the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC), had Trump relay assurances to those governments and capitals where he has business partnerships, that “what is being said on the campaign trail is different from how he would govern”, and that he “looks forward to do business together and explore opportunities were he to win the Presidency.”

I've never thought twice about mixed race kids. And I think you're exaggerating the impact this election will have on anyone's feelings about it. I personally don't think anyone gives a hoot. I really don't.
Raising mixed race kids has its challenge regardless of who's in the White House.  Hell, raising kids in general is no picnic.  But you have to focus on what's most important and make the best of that.

I remember when my 2 year old daughter asked for a particular type of doll for Xmas and added she wanted the one with the gold hair.  Mrs. Eephus and I were part horrified and part amused that a 1/2 Black, 1/4 Asian, 1/4 Caucasian toddler would have come across that type of racial awareness.  We ended up getting her both the white and black versions of the doll and the dollies played well with one another.  Real life isn't that easy but it's still filled with opportunities to try and bridge the gap.

You know what the two worst things we have seen since the election have been?  One was the 3-4 blacks pulling the old white guy out of his car and beating the #### out of him like animals because he's white and they assumed he voted Trump. And the other was the black high school girl who beat the crap out of the white high school girl because she supported Trump on social media. 

Since you're so quick to judge everyone else in here for not being up to your ####### standards, I think it says a lot about you that neither of those incidents registered enough for you to post a whiny ##### thread about them. I'll say it again, you're too arrogant, obnoxious, and self righteous to ever realize why your side lost. You'd rather just double down.  Your crying makes Tim look like Brock Lesnar. 
:goodposting:   

This is the first time I've noticed the lefties using the "How will I explain this to my child??!?!" rhetoric en masse. Usually it's the righties using it in connection with gay people kissing or a woman's exposed boob in public.

This is the first time I've noticed the lefties using the "How will I explain this to my child??!?!" rhetoric en masse. Usually it's the righties using it in connection with gay people kissing or a woman's exposed boob in public.
I think little kids have an innate understanding about boobs

How's that civil rights thing thing been working out for the AA community.  Maybe it's time focus a little more on jobs and education that actually help the AA community.  I heard on the radio today that Charlotte is spending $400K for a study on the response to the recent protests.  
The two issues, civil rights and jobs, are not mutually exclusive. And civil rights don't just impact the AA community.  If you think we're all set with respect to civil rights, you clearly don't care much about them and/or you're not paying attention. 

Okay, I've had about enough of this crap.  You guys are a bunch of fragile flowers.  How have you made it this far in life?  Seriously?  This is simply amazing that grown ### men have become a bunch of wussies.  You should really turn in your man card if you're having this much trouble.

I'd hate to see how you react when your internet goes out or when someone says "no" to you.  Do your run to your safe space?  Maybe quick dial your therapist to help you make it thru your difficult period?

I seriously could only make it thru about the first 20 posts before I had to give up.  I'm not even going to bother with the rest of the pages.  Uggh.

You know what the two worst things we have seen since the election have been?  One was the 3-4 blacks pulling the old white guy out of his car and beating the #### out of him like animals because he's white and they assumed he voted Trump. And the other was the black high school girl who beat the crap out of the white high school girl because she supported Trump on social media. 

Since you're so quick to judge everyone else in here for not being up to your ####### standards, I think it says a lot about you that neither of those incidents registered enough for you to post a whiny ##### thread about them. I'll say it again, you're too arrogant, obnoxious, and self righteous to ever realize why your side lost. You'd rather just double down.  Your crying makes Tim look like Brock Lesnar. 
Hundreds of hate attacks recorded in US since election

Don't know if this will help but I'd start by not taking the outcome personally.  Most of those who voted for him are not racist but are simply people who had to choose between two particularly unsavory choices.  I wasn't happy with the outcome either but I don't have the same background as you.  I am a "glass half full" person and want nothing more than for him to succeed.
You want him to succeed?  At what?  His agenda?

Or do you want him to succeed at magically changing into someone he was not on the campaign trail?

"Success" can mean different things.

Koya, the people you knew are still the people you knew.  They were placed in a virtual game of "pick the prettiest turd" and it didn't go the way you hoped.  In a way this is like getting upset over a coin flip...not to minimize your feelings though.  It was a lose-lose situation.

@Koya There are still a lot of good people in the country (and the world). About 75% of the U.S. population didn't vote for the guy. And of those who did, I'm sure a lot are good people too. People who were afraid for their futures, their livelihoods, their families who bought his message and weren't so concerned about social issues. It's not ideal, but I can understand that perspective.

Trump's a dirt bag, for a long time, probably his whole life, he's got many other negatives as well, and no es bueno that a person like that is President. But, it's not the end of the world, this isn't a basketball game where the clock runs out on the country, it's not a permanent loss. Figure out what impact this has on your life, if any. Mitigate that to whatever extent you can, and make as much of the rest of what goes on in your life a positive. Progress (like pizza) doesn't come in a straight line, there are always setbacks. We'll get over this, particularly if we attempt to learn from the mistakes that lead us here and take measures to correct them.

Here's the latest numbers on the big wave of voters looking for Trump Change TM

Clinton 61,964,263 (47.8%)

Trump 60,961,967 (47%)

and for comparison

Obama 65,915,795 (51.1%)

Romney 60,933,504 (47.2%)

There are still millions of votes to be tallied so Trump is going to end up with more raw votes than Mittens but they are from mostly blue States/Counties so his vote share is expected to actually go down. 

@Koya There are still a lot of good people in the country (and the world). About 75% of the U.S. population didn't vote for the guy. And of those who did, I'm sure a lot are good people too. People who were afraid for their futures, their livelihoods, their families who bought his message and weren't so concerned about social issues. It's not ideal, but I can understand that perspective.

Trump's a dirt bag, for a long time, probably his whole life, he's got many other negatives as well, and no es bueno that a person like that is President. But, it's not the end of the world, this isn't a basketball game where the clock runs out on the country, it's not a permanent loss. Figure out what impact this has on your life, if any. Mitigate that to whatever extent you can, and make as much of the rest of what goes on in your life a positive. Progress (like pizza) doesn't come in a straight line, there are always setbacks. We'll get over this, particularly if we attempt to learn from the mistakes that lead us here and take measures to correct them.
The whole problem is that the other choice was a complete dirtbag too.  The ones in here who have there world turned upside down because of this are too busy having a panic attack to realize it.

The whole problem is that the other choice was a complete dirtbag too.  The ones in here who have there world turned upside down because of this are too busy having a panic attack to realize it.
That may be true (was not an HRC fan though I voted for her). But it's mostly irrelevant now. Trump is President Elect. Some people are having a hard time dealing with it, I'm trying to give some perspective here that makes things a little less threatening and ominous.

The whole problem is that the other choice was a complete dirtbag too. 
A lot of us felt like this was always a false equivalence.  Like, "Yeah our guy sucks but she sucks too!"  I wasn't thrilled about Hillary but I think Trump is far worse. :shrug:

Edit: But I'm not out rioting or anything.  I'm rooting for him and hope he's not actually the ####### he appears to be.  

I guess I can see how a person could see this as the end of the world and equate Trump with Hitler, if that person can talk and think like their unborn children are standing before them. :confused:

Maybe try to live in the moment a little bit dude.  I get being concerned but acting as if things that haven't come to pass are a certainty (especially when bad things, like an American dictator, or having children) is a recipe for lunacy. 

I also find it odd that a Jewish person would be so scared of Trump.  He wants to deport Muslims, their sworn enemy.  Trump is on the Jews' side :)

It is a week later. I am still crushed. Not by the election, but the electorate, and especially those whom I thought shared a common ethos of decency, love and acceptance.
It's been a week since the electoral result differed from expectations by about two percent. Is that two percent really enough to change your view about the electorate? If you're bummed about the electorate now, you should have been about equally bummed a few weeks ago. If you were optimistic a few weeks ago, you should still be optimistic now. The electorate is who we thought they were.

Godparents are overrated.

Two kids, four godparents.  One godparent became a heroin addict (clean for eight years).   Another married a horrible woman who Mrs. Eephus detests so we never see them anymore.  I still love my sister but she lives half a country away and I'm not sure about the fourth. 

Their job is basically not to drop the baby.  If we were to die in a horrible mosh pit accident, we would want our family members to watch over our kids.  Our friends are friends.

I didn't vote Trump and didn't want him president but let's quit the crap of the white persons fault.   Only 50% of white people voted and it is not like there was no way for the other side to win.  I do not understand why people voted Trump but I also understand around 50% of people didn't vote.   Minorities could have stopped this and didn't care enough too, just like the white people.   Just the facts. 
yep, but it won't stop.  Just the facts.

I feel bad for you Koya but not for the reason you think. I'm sure you like most liberals learned that America is the most racist xenophobic country in the world at university. You actually paid to become stupid. We are in the most accepting country in the world hands down yet you don't see it. Sad.  

The problem for your side, the game is up(at least for now). People are tired of being called stupid, racist, xenophobic. Tired of failed left wing ideas, tired of the media telling us we are awful if we don't vote left.  That is why all the polls were wrong. Who's going to say they voted for trump to someone who will feel the above about them if they do?

You have nothing to fear about for your mixed kids.  Raise them to be good people and not that they are half this and half that and most importantly don't raise them to be a victim. Don't tell them whitty is out to put them down or because they are black they are disadvantaged.  Don't give them your college learned baggage because it's just not true. 

Users who are viewing this thread