Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Koya

A week later, I am still crushed. The perspective of a mixed-race marriage and a loss of trust

5 minutes ago, Dr Oadi said:

Don't go to Maryland. They will beat you up for not voting for their guy.. gal. 

http://www.wusa9.com/mb/local/maryland-news

Well to be fair, that'd be like wearing a Stronger Together shirt anywhere in Mississippi.  Sometimes you have to be aware of where you are.  

When it comes to our politics and our amazing flag, we're straight gangster here in Maryland.  :gang1:

22 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

Lol. Didn't happen. Revisionist history.

He did a lot and could've done even more good if not for those that never gave him a chance. 

http://www.politico.com/story/2009/01/obama-to-gop-i-won-017862

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXudI0ibo-k

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/obama-to-gop-‘they-can-come-for-the-ride-but-they-have-to-sit-in-back/

1 minute ago, tommyboy said:
27 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

He did a lot and could've done even more good if not for those that never gave him a chance. 

http://www.politico.com/story/2009/01/obama-to-gop-i-won-017862

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXudI0ibo-k

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/obama-to-gop-‘they-can-come-for-the-ride-but-they-have-to-sit-in-back/

It is fun to remember when Republicans cared about debt.  Only seems to happen when they don't have the White House

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jonessed said:

They are mutually exclusive on specific policy.  Are you saying he will sometimes use his gut instinct and sometimes use his advisors?

You don't?

22 minutes ago, Slapdash said:

It is fun to remember when Republicans cared about debt.  Only seems to happen when they don't have the White House

Conservatives care about debt.

R's & D's don't give a ####.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Slapdash said:

this is true.   One of my main issues with Republican party.

brings up a nice point i'd like to make.  Even though there are millions of Republicans,  the Republican leadership does not give two cents about me or people they're supposed to represent.  This is why Trump won.   Many people saw the elite NEVER TRUMPERS from the Republican leadership, the same people that wanted to destroy the Tea Party.    People thought "you're just as much of a problem as the Democrats" and voted for trump as a vote against Hillary and elite Republicans that have lost touch with the party.

Trump talked about law and order, enforcing immigration, renegotiating trade agreements.   These are all against the Republican leadership ideas.   They wanted Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio etc....    all the vanilla Republicans lost to trump in the prelims because "conservatives" liked that he wasn't ignoring legitimate issues to a wide swath of voters.  

For years, Republican leadership has talked about conservative ideas to get votes, but once in power they've operated on their own interests, or the interests of business partners.

Trump ran against that and won

• Like 3

1 hour ago, NREC34 said:

Like taking my BCBS Silver individual plan from it's current $800 a month to $1600?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tommyboy said:

brings up a nice point i'd like to make.  Even though there are millions of Republicans,  the Republican leadership does not give two cents about me or people they're supposed to represent.  This is why Trump won.   Many people saw the elite NEVER TRUMPERS from the Republican leadership, the same people that wanted to destroy the Tea Party.    People thought "you're just as much of a problem as the Democrats" and voted for trump as a vote against Hillary and elite Republicans that have lost touch with the party.

Trump talked about law and order, enforcing immigration, renegotiating trade agreements.   These are all against the Republican leadership ideas.   They wanted Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio etc....    all the vanilla Republicans lost to trump in the prelims because "conservatives" liked that he wasn't ignoring legitimate issues to a wide swath of voters.  

For years, Republican leadership has talked about conservative ideas to get votes, but once in power they've operated on their own interests, or the interests of business partners.

Problem is, at least in the specific example of the debt, Trump is going to govern like a typical Republican.  

But I get your broader point, I was saying back last August that the politicians/media on both sides were underestimating his appeal. 

i don't think trump has a lot of appeal to the avg person, he had very high negatives.   

but he wasn't Hillary and he wasnt an Elite Republican™.    8 years ago people voted for "change"   they did it again last week

18 minutes ago, tommyboy said:

It remains to be seen if Trump will govern like that.  Early signals are mixed which I expect to continue.   There will be a mish mash of Trump and GOP establishment stuff colliding in his first 100 days. 

• Like 1

Think there is an overreaction by some. I'll say this, I'm kind of an egomaniac at times, I'd have to imagine becoming much more grounded after becoming the most powerful person on Earth.

3 hours ago, GrandpaRox said:

Are they going to be legal or Deplorables?

White Legals are deplorable.  Get with the times,  man! 

Edited by flapgreen
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

White Legals are deplorable.  Get with the times,  man! 

Irredeemable too

3 minutes ago, JimmyJabroni said:

I must have missed where Trump said he was against mixed race marriages.

It's the children!  Won't anyone think of the children!?!?

• Like 3

kicking a guy when he's down is a bit much, unless its CSTU

Koya is good people just stop.    Offer some advice or just don't post but some of these comments are really poor taste

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, tommyboy said:

kicking a guy when he's down is a bit much, unless its CSTU

Koya is good people just stop.    Offer some advice or just don't post but some of these comments are really poor taste

I would generally agree, but Koya went on ignore list about the end of the summer.  His condescension of anyone that would oppose his view was bad enough, but constantly labeling anyone not agreeing with him as racist, homophobic, sexist, ..... and all the other labels helped create the responses he got.  You want to piss on everyone as worthless knuckle draggers, then do not expect a lot of tears to be shed when you cannot handle that "your" superior candidate did not win.

Hopefully Koya will get over this as he calms down and get back to the poster from 1+ years ago when we could actually agree to disagree.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dr Oadi said:

This high school is like ten minutes from my house. This is the same school district where the superintendent sent the email I posted yesterday.

3 hours ago, Dr Oadi said:

Or go to Portland if you're a pregnant woman and try to get to a hospital. 

http://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2016/11/15/theyre-just-thugs-portland-protesters-attack-pregnant-woman-as-she-tries-to-get-to-er-video/?utm_content=buffer83f08&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

koya guy being afraid may be on to something.   

2 hours ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

This high school is like ten minutes from my house. This is the same school district where the superintendent sent the email I posted yesterday.

It's happening in the Bay Area as well.  You pick it up more in local news.  No charges so no real record.  They aren't considered hate crimes obviously.

5 minutes ago, ROCKET said:

It's been a week and I can't stop smiling. Anxiously awaiting the inauguration.

:thumbup:

• Like 1

19 hours ago, timschochet said:

I find this comparison offensive. I really do.

We don't know what kind of President Trump will be. He may be a good one; I hope he is. But during his campaign he expressed racism, bigotry, and xenophobia in a manner that was disgraceful and unprecedented. Obama never did anything close to that (neither has any previous modern candidate for that matter.) Regardless of what kind of President Trump turns out to be, his campaign for the office deserves to be condemned. I don't care that he won, it still deserves condemnation.

During the campaign Obama said:

If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun

argue with [people], get in their faces

it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion 

If you’ve got a business – you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.”

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

I am sorry, but I think all this fear and tear-mongering is really f-ing dumb.  

It actually helps solidify reasons people voted for Trump

• Like 2

I mean if you aren't grown up enough to handle defeat graciously how could you possibly handle the responsibility of running a govt?

• Like 2

A lot of establishment republicans hate Trump. Just had the thought today: what if all of them aligned with democrats in congress and passed anything they wanted and even override potential Trump vetoes. 

Wouldn't that be absolutely the greatest thing to ever happen in politics?

5 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

A lot of establishment republicans hate Trump. Just had the thought today: what if all of them aligned with democrats in congress and passed anything they wanted and even override potential Trump vetoes. 

Or impeach him? They'd definitely prefer Pence. And we have fraud and rape cases against Trump moving forward as we speak.

Edited by Coeur de Lion
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, tommyboy said:

I mean if you aren't grown up enough to handle defeat graciously how could you possibly handle the responsibility of running a govt?

How gracious is the Donald in defeat?

Under pressure he claimed the press was unfair, that a judge ruling against him was prejudiced because of Donald's bigoted remarks, Megyn Kelly was bleeding from whereever when she was asking him tough questions?

That screams readiness for responsibility to me.

Not

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coeur de Lion said:

Or impeach him? They'd definitely prefer Pence. And we have fraud and rape cases against Trump moving forward against Trump as we speak.

Yeah I think the odds are decent he will do something that they could get him on. Don't just constantly bring up BS stuff like they did to Obama though. Needs to be legit. 

23 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

Yeah I think the odds are decent he will do something that they could get him on. Don't just constantly bring up BS stuff like they did to Obama though. Needs to be legit. 

What BS stuff?  Obama had it relatively easy.  Even though I disagreed a a lot of his policies and think he fell woefully short of his campaign promises, he was much more honest than Bush or Clinton.  I don't think he was corrupt like most and had a decent heart.  A majority of the hearings against his administration were due to Clinton (surprise, surprise).  If he just had the balls to divest himself of Clinton his successor would be building on his legacy instead of Trump dismantling it.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

Democrats and establishment Republicans don't want the same things.

40 minutes ago, NREC34 said:

No, but it would be funny

53 minutes ago, tommyboy said:

I don't think the protestors were/are running for office. Or are you talking about someone else?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gr00vus said:

I don't think the protestors were/are running for office. Or are you talking about someone else?

You're right I went off the rails there

1 hour ago, msommer said:

That screams readiness for responsibility to me.

Not

Oh you go girl! :threefingersnaps:

The 90's were fun.

At the end of the day, I think many millions regret We needed to go through racism and misogyny to make a statement that We will be represented in Washington.  It doesn't have to be this way, but it did have to be this way.

Now it is a two front war:  Battle hate and demand a representative government from the local on up. 

That these were mutually exclusive is a product of corruption.  

Edited by Mr. Ham

Koya - just watched a new ABC tv comedy show, "Speechless". Was a Thankgiving episode with families. You should stream it. Seriously.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tommyboy said:

Wait, what?  If Hillary has done one thing well in the last year it's that she handled the defeat pretty graciously.  How gracious do we think Trump would have been if he'd lost the election while having a majority in the popular vote?

1 minute ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Wait, what?  If Hillary has done one thing well in the last year it's that she handled the defeat pretty graciously.  How gracious do we think Trump would have been if he'd lost the election while having a majority in the popular vote?

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/751279-a-week-later-i-am-still-crushed-the-perspective-of-a-mixed-race-marriage-and-a-loss-of-trust/?do=findComment&comment=19622961

:ptts:

But seriously, I question the sanity of people who take this so seriously. All those crying about Trump to the point of not even letting parents see grandkids because of who they voted for are the same as those people that said Obama would turn us into a Muslim state of Al Queda and that the world as we know it would cease to exist.

In other words, crazy.

• Like 3

I'd probably hold off on having kids for the next 4-8 years, see what kind of country we are left with (if America survives)

but, then of course you might be afraid of the next president too and will need to wait another 4-8 years before having kids. 

I wonder what kind of kids you will bring into adulthood if you yourself are so afraid of today's America?

Will they be afraid of anyone's ideas that are different than their own? 

Does this plague just continue thru the generations or do you trust in things like a friendship you've had for 30 years?

i just don't know....

2 hours ago, FreeBaGeL said:

Good thing the world doesn't have to find out....bet it would be a lot quieter than all this crap going on right now