Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Koya

A week later, I am still crushed. The perspective of a mixed-race marriage and a loss of trust

Yes please move to the political forum so we don't have to see this ridiculous whining.  Just another person who thinks only white people are racist, and brands every single person who voted for someone a racist. Maybe you should look in the mirror.

I think it's been said a thousand times, all Trump supporters aren't racist, but being racist is not a disqualifier to be POTUS for those people.  so when someone is whining about libs saying 'every single person who voted for Trump is a racist', its a straw man.  

also, to not see the whining, you could always just not click on the thread but that might be asking too much

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jomar said:

I think it's been said a thousand times, all Trump supporters aren't racist, but being racist is not a disqualifier to be POTUS for those people.  so when someone is whining about libs saying 'every single person who voted for Trump is a racist', its a straw man.  

also, to not see the whining, you could always just not click on the thread but that might be asking too much

Also, someone specifically bumped this thread, essentially "asking" (sincere or otherwise I don't know, since they just forwarded some pretty disgusting lies re: blame the minorities for the increased incidents against them / more virulent public racism) if my thoughts had evolved. And I answered... including important caveats like I DON'T consider anyone who voted for Trump a racist, but they do support one. Sounds like the one whining (and lying/misrepresenting my words) here is @irish eyes :shrug: 

More importantly, there is so much room for important discussion, on the merits, on any range of issues - yet twice posters just above used clear lies to distort any chance of that. 

Edited by Koya
  • Like 2

54 minutes ago, Koya said:

Also, someone specifically bumped this thread, essentially "asking" (sincere or otherwise I don't know, since they just forwarded some pretty disgusting lies re: blame the minorities for the increased incidents against them / more virulent public racism) if my thoughts had evolved. And I answered... including important caveats like I DON'T consider anyone who voted for Trump a racist, but they do support one. Sounds like the one whining (and lying/misrepresenting my words) here is @irish eyes :shrug: 

More importantly, there is so much room for important discussion, on the merits, on any range of issues - yet twice posters just above used clear lies to distort any chance of that. 

Did you ever have kid(s)?

If so, congrats!

5 hours ago, HellToupee said:

Sounds like Shangri-La, where is this place?

Simply google pro-trump message bored, begin posting anything that doesn't heap praise on the dear leader, and prepare for the vitriol to flow. 

3 hours ago, ShamrockPride said:

So it works the same both ways is what you're saying. I guess it just comes down to what you find more insulting to be called:

- Gay, effeminate, dumba##, etc

Vs

- Homophobe, nazi, racist, etc.

So you think Trump supporters are routinely called homophobic, racist, and nazi's on this bored?  I bet we can't find a single instance of that this week.  I can post today on a pro-Trump bored and the assaults start immediately.

You guys are really really thin skinned.  

Edited by James Daulton
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, James Daulton said:

If you think this environment is toxic, just for a day try posting anti-Trump comments on a pro-Trump bored.  You'll be called more names than you've even heard of and your masculinity and sexuality will be inferred and ridiculed.

This place is day care compared to a pro-Trump bored Super Max.

You Trump guys really need a reality check in many ways. 

Wait, are you saying the guys who dare say anything positive about Trump in the PF don't get treated like ####? You have got to be freaking kidding .

:lmao:

16 minutes ago, Gawain said:

Did you ever have kid(s)?

If so, congrats!

Unfortunately, no... 

But I also no longer have a wife, so there's definitely a bright side. :banned:

Living the single life in Dallas, where I've been adopted by the hospitality industry in the greatest challenge my liver has ever seen. 

Oh, and I can vote against Ted Cruz. Don't need to be some flaming liberal to get juiced about that opportunity.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Flash1 said:

Wait, are you saying the guys who dare say anything positive about Trump in the PF don't get treated like ####? You have got to be freaking kidding .

They are disagreed with in largely a civil manner.   This is in stark contrast to how anti-trumpers get treated on pro-trump forums.  See how the rally attendees treated Jim Acosta?  Basically that.  Because they're the exact same class of people. 

Edited by James Daulton

4 minutes ago, James Daulton said:

So you think Trump supporters are routinely called homophobic, racist, and nazi's on this bored?  I bet we can't find a single instance of that this week.  I can post today on a pro-Trump bored and the assaults start immediately.

You should be posting in the "this is funny thread". You are killing it!

Just now, Flash1 said:

Find me one instance then.  Should be easy to make me look like a fool. 

Are you speaking about posters who are willing to address and answer simple, direct questions, who put forth legitimately sourced material and are willing to both inform and perhaps learn themselves?

That would be greatly welcomed. As I inferred before re: legit discussions on policy and governance. 

2 minutes ago, Flash1 said:

Please stop. Seriously.

This is the reason we had to form a separate forum. 

8 minutes ago, James Daulton said:

Shtick?

• Like 2

I don't post often in the PF as it's a cess pool of hate. I'm not a Trump supporter by any means, but post one time that you agree with one of his positions and it's an automatic Bat-Call to the Trump haters and let the barrage of insults begin.

2 minutes ago, Koya said:

Unfortunately, no... 

But I also no longer have a wife, so there's definitely a bright side. :banned:

Living the single life in Dallas, where I've been adopted by the hospitality industry in the greatest challenge my liver has ever seen. 

Oh, and I can vote against Ted Cruz. Don't need to be some flaming liberal to get juiced about that opportunity.

I knew that you left us Island dwellers, but didn't realize about the other stuff...sorry/congrats.
Bet the move to Texas was a bit of a culture shock.

Had dinner a couple nights ago with a sales guy from a warehouse in Dallas who grew up Garden City.
He said that it took him a few months just to adjust to the space and then a few more months to realize there wasn't an ocean close.

He still didn't know his east from his west. Hope you're representing us proudly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Koya said:

Please stop. Seriously.

This is the reason we had to form a separate forum. 

You are the last guy I'd engage with. Your uppity attitude is old and tired.

Good day sir

I don't post often in the PF as it's a cess pool of hate. I'm not a Trump supporter by any means, but post one time that you agree with one of his positions and it's an automatic Bat-Call to the Trump haters and let the barrage of insults begin.

Again, link me to an example.  There are only a couple of threads, should be easy.

2 minutes ago, Flash1 said:

Good day sir

Uppity?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, James Daulton said:

Again, link me to an example.  There are only a couple of threads, should be easy.

My Link

Edited by Flash1

Just now, Gawain said:

I knew that you left us Island dwellers, but didn't realize about the other stuff...sorry/congrats.
Bet the move to Texas was a bit of a culture shock.

Had dinner a couple nights ago with a sales guy from a warehouse in Dallas who grew up Garden City.
He said that it took him a few months just to adjust to the space and then a few more months to realize there wasn't an ocean close.

He still didn't know his east from his west. Hope you're representing us proudly.

Being in Real Estate, I've made it a point to hit a lot of places around the region... happen to really like it.  Great business climate, far less over regulation like back east, good people and the chicks are out of this world, especially in my hood (Uptown). 

What I miss most you point out - used to live with a view of the sound, I grew up a quarter mile from the beach, so no water sucks. 

But on a Friday where I stopped work 30 min ago, I'm already one beer in at the pool, which on most Saturdays will have not only surprising talent, but a 60/40 good ratio, and get almost everywhere I want by Trolley, walking, scooters or the occasional Lyft? 

Its working out pretty well. Hell, was out an all night warehouse party a couple weeks back that started at 12, we got there at 2, we left at 8.  All AM. 

Ive ####ed up a lot of #### in my life, but so far, middle aged crisis is going just right.

4 minutes ago, Flash1 said:

Good day sir

Im not asking you to engage with me - just please keep to more substantive comments rather than mere digs at other posters with nothing else to say.

17 minutes ago, Flash1 said:

I mean I'm asking you to give me one example.  Isn't it worth 2 minutes of digging to show me how wrong I am?  There should be racist and nazi accusations on every page of the Trump thread you guys are attacked so bigly.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, James Daulton said:

They are disagreed with in largely a civil manner.   This is in stark contrast to how anti-trumpers get treated on pro-trump forums.  

The FBG politics forum isn't an anti Trump forum though right?

It's intended to be where FBGs go to discuss politics, right?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, eoMMan said:

Do you regret not voting for HRC?  Are you still proud of voting for neither?

I'm not blaming you but I think a big part of why Trump won was that there were so many voters, like you, that didn't like either one of them and chose to sit it out or vote for a third person.

I don't.  To me the solution needs to come from the DNC but never will as long as they keep shifting right.  Trump is not the disease, merely a symptom.  Sadly, the DNC/DCCC did not learn from their mistakes and are doubling down on marginalizing the progressive voices in the party.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Koya said:

We made sure we were registered voters after our move for just this gratification.  (Also, the rep from our district is nuts.)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

The FBG politics forum isn't an anti Trump forum though right?

It's intended to be where FBGs go to discuss politics, right?

Correct, which it is.  I was just commenting how several posters have talked about how horribly right leaning posters are treated, when it's simply not true.  

55 minutes ago, Flash1 said:

Good day sir

Not that koya cant defend himself, but the guy (who I never met before) went out of his way to bring my wife and me food (and didnt accept money) while my daughter was dying in the hospital so you are dead wrong about him. I will never forget what he did for us.

Edited by shadyridr
  • Like 11

10 minutes ago, shadyridr said:

Not that koya cant defend himself, but the guy (who I never met before) went out of his way to bring my wife and me food (and didnt accept money) while my daughter was dying in the hospital so you are dead wrong about him. I will never forget what he did for us.

Understood. That's extremely admirable and a great thing. I don't know him like that as I can only go from his online persona.

I'm extremely sorry for the loss of your daughter.

Edited by Flash1
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, shadyridr said:

Appreciate the kind words, and you all deserved at least that.

Great to see your boy mashing the baseball, gb!

1 hour ago, shadyridr said:

Koya can be pretty excitable but he's a mensch

• Like 2

2 hours ago, James Daulton said:

Correct, which it is.  I was just commenting how several posters have talked about how horribly right leaning posters are treated, when it's simply not true.  

The point is, if someone goes to an obvious advertised Pro Trump board and posts anti Trump stuff, they're going to get treated poorly 

This board isn't supposed to be pro or anti anyone , it's supposed to be a place for us to discuss politics. Yet when anyone posts anything that doesn't line up perfectly with the raging never Trumpers it doesn't go over well at all , does it?

• Like 2