What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 11 Questions for Bloom (1 Viewer)

0.5 ppr, flex one: Marvin Jones, NUK Hopkins, Dwayne Washington

PS You rock Bloom!  I've been a daily podcast listener (and footballguys subscriber) for years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got major tight end problems in my primary league.  Right now I'm streaming Fleener, Julius Thomas, or CJ Fed.  Tye is available, along with McDonald.  Any advice on who to stream this week?  I'm in a 3 way tie for the final 2 spots in playoffs and need to win out even though I have the current tie breaker in total points scored.

10 team with 5 point 10 catch bonus and 1 point 100 yard bonus.

What are your thoughts on where the Chicago passing game is going to go with Jefferey gone for 4 weeks.  Royal, Wilson, miller, Meredith?  

Trade question: Trade away Terrance West for Akeem Hunt?  Own Lamar Miller and am concerned about not having his handcuff as I look ahead to the playoffs.  Could also do West for Blue straight up.  0.5 ppr, 18 team league

EDIT: I ended up trading West for NUK and Blue.  Hope that was the right move!

Hey Sig!

In a standard league, I need some upside with Brees and Cooks not doing much on Thursday night. Do I: 

1) Go with Starks or Gio as my RB2 (non-ppr)?

2) Go with Bennett or Hopkins in my flex spot?

Thx again!

Thanks as always.

We can keep one player for next year if that player was drafted after the 6th round or we picked up as FA on waiver wire...and lose a 6th round pick.

10 team, ppr.

Can you list a few RB/WR who might be still on wire who could start next year and be worth losing a 6th round pick for.

Hey now Sig..

Appreciated the reminder that Rocky ended the Cold War.. I had forgotten it was over.

TD-only scoring:

--2 WR from Hilton, Pryor, Fitzgerald, Moncrief, Smiff.

-- Kelley, Mathews, or Henry at RB2

-- Ebron or Miller

Thanks again.

Having a hard time figuring out WRs this week.

Pick 3 (PPR): Evans, Beckham, Diggs, Cooks

Also, LA v Mia or MIN v ARI?

Many thanks!

Start Meredith or Wallace

I'm short on short RBS this week so pick 2 out of Rawls, Dixon, or Lewis

Thanks Bloom

Sig ppr need 2 wr 2 rb and a flex

Aj green ty hilton jordan matthews tyrek hill crabtree

Ware mccoy latavius murray

Thank you

Siggy Smalls! 

Did you know if you play the audible intro rap at 1.5 speed instead of normal speed it's like drinking an imperial stout instead of a schlitz?

Hi Sig,

Rough week for me, I've got Gordon, Booker and Demaryius on bye.

1. In PPR where I got a Thursday night dud from Kelvin, I need 2 WR/RB Flex from:

- Davante Adams
- Corey Coleman
- Lamar Miller
- R. Kelly
- Ryan Mathews

2. In PPR, drop Corey Coleman for Ryan Mathews?

Thanks!

DR

Thanks Sig...FPC scoring

Need 2 of the following:

G.Bernard vs Buff

C.J.Prosise vs Phi

Ri.Matthews @ Ind

E.Royal @ NYG

And 2 of the following:

C.Brate @ KC

E.Royal @ NYG

M.Lee @ Det

A.Thielen vs AZ

P.Perkins vs Chi

0.5 PPR

Need one RB.

* M. Ingram @CAR -- Horrible matchup, splitting carries, Payton shenanigans on the goal line. Don't want a near goose egg.

or

* K. Dixon @DAL -- Horrible matchup as well, but Dallas tends to give up receptions to RBs. If Dixon can steal a few carries from West, he could equal Ingram's touches.

Who?

Thanks

Hey Sig,

Thanks for all your help.  

Two questions for this week and a longer term RB question for my ten team standard league.

Should I roll with Kaepernick, Bortles, or Dak?

I need a WR3 and options are JJ Nelson, Michael Floyd, Royal, Meredith, Devante Parker, Desean Jackson, lockett, Kendall Writght or Jeremy Kerley?

In terms of rostering RBs for the playoffs, right now I have West, Henry, Sproles, Prosise, Rawls, Hightower, and Rob Kelley.  Would you swap any of them out for Damien Williams or Kenneth Dixon?

Thanks! 

Questions for the championship run...

QB - If you own Andrew Luck, would you roll with him into playoffs OR stash Tyrod Taylor for the better playoff schedule?

DST - If you own KC DST, would you roll with them ROS, OR stash others to play matchups?

Example: Stashing Falcons DST (saw you wrote about them in Rent-A-Defense) for week 14 @ Rams when KC hosts the Raiders.

TE - If you own Kelce, would you roll with him into playoffs or add L Green or CJ Fiedorowitz to replace Kelce or play matchups?

Thanks very much for the help

Hey Bloom, thanks again for taking the time. 

Winston or Cap this week?

Start 2, standard - T. West, K. Dixon, Ty Mont, D. Lewis, R. Woods, T. Hill, Rishard Williams, C. Meredith

Start 2, ppr - Ginn, T. Hill, C. Coleman, W. Fuller, JJ Nelson, Beasley

Hey Bloom

PPR and the Thurs night is throwing me for a loop 

need 2 rbs, 3 WRs and 1 flex from this group.  I see that you're low on both Ingram and Miller in your rankings.

2 Rbs

Miller Ingram R.Kelly Priossie Gio

3 Wrs

Jordy MikeThomas Snead DAdams

and then one Flex from any of he guys not used above. 

Thanks for all you do!!!

Ingram in flex.  I have Rawls and Dixon with a  5-5 record in 12 team standard scoring redraft.  I need high floor.

Hey Sig...

I'm 7-3 and in second place, and feel pretty good about being locked into a playoff spot, if not a first round bye. I've been pretty fortunate with my RB situation, playing the wire well so far. This is a .5 PPR - 10 team - 2FLEX league, and this is my backfield:

LeSean McCoy, Spencer Ware, Devontae Booker, C.J. Prosise, Rob Kelley, Isaiah Crowell, Derrick Henry, Mike Gillislee

Charcandrick West was just dropped and will clear waivers Sunday morning. How necessary do you think it is for me to cuff Ware? And if it is necessary, who is the drop? Do I throw away a lottery ticket like Henry? Or do I look at guys like Kelley/Crowell (limited ceiling, nice depth but barring injuries probably not cracking my playoff lineup) as more expendable?

Afternoon Sig - 

Scenerio: 12-team, non PPR, 3yr Keeper league

Rostered:

• QB: Luck
  • RB: David Johnson, L. BellD. Booker, Crowell, Rawls, Prosise, Damien Williams
  • WR: Jordy, D. Hopkins, Diggs, Tyrell Williams, C. Coleman, D. Parker
  • TE: Kelce
Dilemma (1): Would you drop: Anyone for Gates (was dropped to make room for the bye)?

As always, thank you for the help & insight 

10 team PPR. Start 1-QB, 2-RB, 2-WR, 1-TE, 1-RB/WR/TE, 1-K, 1-DEF

Roster (15 limit)

QB: Brees

RB: Zeke Elliott, F. Gore, C. Prosise, D. Lewis, Alfred Morris

WR: A. Brown, A. Cooper, T. Williams (SD), C. Meredith, T. Montgomery

TE: M. Bennett, T. Eifert

K: Crosby

Def: Seattle

Playoffs are week 14 and 15. I am a lock for a playoff spot and trying to set up my roster ahead of time.

Questions: 

1. A. Jeffery and K. Dixon are available on waiver wire. Do they upgrade my team? Who to drop?
  2. Week 14 Seattle plays Green Bay. Do I stick with them or pick up either Atlanta (vs LA) or Cincinnati (at Cleveland) and bench Seattle? Seattle has great week 15 matchup against LA.

Thanks Sig!

Hey Sig -  ok, Non PPR

Need one WR and one flex from:

Dez, Moncrief, S. Smith, Rawls, D. Lewis or K.Dixon.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right now I'm starting Ware and Prosise as RB'S and AB as WR1

1. Who to flex for week 11 (between my 4 bench players and best available waiver options below)?? Top 2 choices in order of priority, 0.5 PPR. 

2. Best WW pickup out of waiver options below, ROS?

3. Which TE for ROS? Fleener, L. Green, CJ Fiedorowicz? (If by chance you can answer who's the best play this week before TNF tonight as well, that'll be great. Otherwise, don't sweat it.)

Bench: Jennings, Perkins, Rawls, Ty Montgomery 

Waiver Options: Akeem Hunt, JJ Nelson, Michael Floyd, Pierre Garcon, Jeremy Kerley, Tajae Sharpe 

Btw, love your podcasts!  

TIA

Hey Sig,

Late season dilemmas... PPR, Short bench, RB/WR/TE Flex. Trade deadline has passed.

Team is in first with a 2 game cushion with 3 to go. Declared starters in bold.

Carr, Zeke, Ware, Howard, Hyde, OBJ, ARob, Diggs, Adams, Gates, Zach Miller, and LaDarius, Streaming Kicker, KC DST

Question 1: Who to flex? 

Question 2: I picked up LaDarius just in case he explodes, ROS. I picked up Miller to use this week as it's just LaDarius' second game, though he does have the Browns. Considering dropping one of those TE and picking up either Eli for this week or the NE DST for the playoffs. Do I hold tight, or drop one? If dropping one, Miller or Green?

TIA

0.5 PPR

pick 2 - Gurley, Martin, Ware

pick two flex - Bernard, Perkins, Dion Lewis, Parker, Dixon

Standard

Kelley or Crowell

Hey Bloom, I need a Flex: would you start DeVante Parker vs. Rams or Robert Woods vs. Bengals? Thank you, and good luck to you this week, sir.

Standard league pick 1 flex and 1 def:

Garcon, DJax, Doyle, Quinton Patton

Patriots, Rams, Raiders

1pt sack, 2pts INT, 6pts Def/ST TD

5 pts <300 yds

3 pts < 399

0 pts > 400 yds

5 pts <14 pts

3 pts < 24 pts

0 pts >25 pts

TIA

Your time is near, the mission's clear...

RB: Elliott, Gore, Miller, Kelley, Lewis

WR: Evans, Moncrief, Marvin, Smitty, Thomas (but can't drop Thomas) 

TE: Bennett, Gates

Std league, start 2RB 2WR 1 FLEX, I need to drop someone to pick up a kicker, who would you drop? Smitty? Lewis? Marvin? (EDIT: heard you and Waldman talk about the Easter bunny, I'm guessing you wouldn't drop him)

PPR: hold Harris or drop to pickup Morris?

PPR: hold John Brown or drop to pickup Kerley, Quincy or LGreen? (Have Graham but no backup)

Standard: hold Marvin or drop for Tyfreek?

thanks in advance have a helluva weekend!

Thank you for doing this every week Bloom.

Need a win so asking more than I normally would.

Std. League. need one... 

RB - Kelley vs GB  or Prosise vs Philly

TE - Green @ Clev. or  CJ Fiedorowicz  vs Oak.

WR - JMatthews @ Sea. or Crowder vs GB

PPR League

Need 3  Gurley/ Ware/ Prosise/ Edleman

Thanks again!

10 team PPR.  Please pick 3:

Ajayi @ Rams

Elliott vs Bal

D Lewis @ SF

Miller @ Oak

Murray vs Hou

Riddick vs Jac

Hi Sig

Standard scoring:

1. Ebron or Rudolph ROS?
  2. Matt Bryant or Vinatieri ROS?
  3. Getting closer to finals time and I am 7-3. Should I consider my end game and cut someone to sign Bell handcuff? If so who should I cut and who is the fantasy finals cuff (Deangelo or Toussant)? Happy to just sit tight if you think as well.
  • RBs = Zeek, Bell, Blount, Booker, C Michael,  A Morris 
  • WRs = Mike Evans, TY Hilton, Marvin Jones, Michael Thomas. 
  • QBs = Brees and Stafford
Thanks
Mooks

Siggy Smallz!

Standard pick two - Prosise, R Kelly, Tate or Moncrief

.5 PPR start Gurley, R Kelly, Gio or Hill?

Big Ben vs wind or Stafford?

Muchisimo gracias!!

Thanks again for doing this every week. Need help in a couple leagues. Both are PPR.

With Ryan on bye, do I roll with Goff or pick up Kaep or Fitz?

Hurns or Lockett @ WR?

In another league, I need to pick 1 of the following to start at RB: Kelley, Rawls or Prosise.

Do you think Gronk being out lifts Hogan at all?  I'm wary of Beasley continued declined with Dez back and Britt in Goff's first start.  PPR

EDIT: Skip this one, Hogan is out.

You seem to be bucking the trend with your projection of Brate over Fiedorowicz in a good matchup vs OAK this week.  Can you provide your reasoning there, please?

0.5 PPR.

Question is, should I bench T. Pryor for any of the following options. Weather in Cleveland is currently forecasted for lake effect snow and 25 MPH winds. Fear it could be a sloppy/Crowell type of day. 

Other options:

* K. Dixon @DAL -- Coming out party and a few catches in catchup mode?

* D. Lewis @SF -- Not even sure if he'll be active. He made the trip.

* E. Royal @NYG -- Cutler in catchup with a guy he's familiar with vs Meredith.

* P. Garcon vs GB -- If D. Jackson out.

* M. Lee @DET -- Great matchup if Slay is on Robinson.

* K. Wright @INDY -- Another good matchup. As an aside, I'm starting Mariota.

Stand pat with Pryor? Or roll the dice with one of the above?

Thanks.

Defense question.

* Stand pat with Seattle D vs PHI? 

Or roll with one of these streamer candidates:

* PIT @CLE -- Good matchup plus weather (although CLE could run well here).

* DET vs JAX -- Good matchup, getting Slay and others back.

* DAL vs BAL -- Flacco doesn't scare me much.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread