What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade for Forte? (1 Viewer)

brn0906

Footballguy
12 Team ppr. qbx2, rbx2, wrx2, te, rb/wr.

My team:

Qbs: Eli, Bortles, Cutler

Rbs: gio, Rawls, Thompson, hightower, duke

Wrs: OBJ, green, Crowder  (it's a pr/kr league too so he's a top 10 wr right now) hurns, lockett

TE: Eifert, Pitta

Should I trade eli, obj and thompson for Bradford, forte, and Cooper. I am 7-3 and in 1st by a game.

It depends on whether you think Bradford, Forte and Cooper will score more during the playoffs than what you have already. 

Personally, I don't think they would and I would prefer to stay put. 

Forte is purely volume based and Powell is stealing touches, especially pass plays. When his volume goes down his numbers follow suit. Cooper is solid in ppr but I don't see him with the same ceiling as OBJ. Bradford I wouldn't really want to touch to be honest with you. Hes steady without being spectacular and he isn't going to win your week for you. A Manning and OBJ stack in the playoffs could win your week alone. 

You have 2 steady ppr backs in Gio and Thompson and Michael being waived only means good things for Rawls on his return in my opinion. 

I feel like eli and Bradford are fairly even. Eli probably has a higher ceiling but also a lower floor because of his INTs  (it's also a -3 for INT's in this league).

I don't see Cooper as a huge dropoff from Beckham, I just can't decide how big of an upgrade forte is. He has a nice schedule coming up.

We have an interesting playoff system. The top 4 teams in record make the playoffs plus the top 2 in points scored (out of the 8 that didn't make the playoffs by record). I'm 1st by a game but very very low in pts scored. We also don't do matchups...out of the 6 teams that make playoffs, whoever has the best 3 weeks combined is the winner.

There is no way I make that deal.  Forte is living on volume but Powell looks like the better runner.  If he starts to cut into the touches Forte's value goes down the drain.   The Giants are going to have to pass because of no running game (I know Vikes are in the same boat) but Eli at least has Beckham that can instantly win you a game on their own.  Bradford will throw but his line is terrible and the Vikes are imploding.  Stay pat.  You will be better off.

I feel like eli and Bradford are fairly even. Eli probably has a higher ceiling but also a lower floor because of his INTs  (it's also a -3 for INT's in this league).

I don't see Cooper as a huge dropoff from Beckham, I just can't decide how big of an upgrade forte is. He has a nice schedule coming up.

We have an interesting playoff system. The top 4 teams in record make the playoffs plus the top 2 in points scored (out of the 8 that didn't make the playoffs by record). I'm 1st by a game but very very low in pts scored. We also don't do matchups...out of the 6 teams that make playoffs, whoever has the best 3 weeks combined is the winner.
Due to this I would much rather have the stack of Eli/OBJ.  If they go off for a couple of those games you are looking really good in the total points method.  Even with one bad game they can easily make up those points the next game. 

Users who are viewing this thread