What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 11 Weather Report (1 Viewer)

SameSongNDance

Footballguy
This isn't really a report since I'm not covering every game or really going in depth but I wanted a catchy title.

So it looks to me that wind will be playing a large factor in the PIT/CLE and CHI/NYG games this week.

Smart money thinks this will have an effect on scoring, as the o/u on the PIT/CLE game has fallen to 44.5 after opening up at 49.5. Similarly, the o/u on the the CHI/NYG game has fallen to 42.5 after opening up at 47.5.

Also, here's a rando reddit post covering some other aspects of the weather. The formatting is #### but pay attention to the bolded, where said redditor states that both games are expecting wind gusts of up to 44mph.

I was 50/50 about Big Ben over Marriota this week. I think this pushes me over the edge now. 

With Ben you'll be banking on something like Brown/Bell taking a short screen to the house or something. The best part of Ben's game will be neutralized in this one. 

Damn.  Have Antonio is every dfs lineup. Time to make some changes.
And replace Brown with who? NEVER bench your studs. The wind means just more short passes. the wind could also die down for a short period during the game,allowing for a few deep balls...If it was heavy snow with wind,maybe I'd think of benching Brown,but a little wind I wouldn't!!

I have Ben starting in two leagues but deciding whether I should go with Winston over him in one of them.  Other league has waiver options like Dalton or Kaep but I think I stick with Ben there.

With Ben you'll be banking on something like Brown/Bell taking a short screen to the house or something. The best part of Ben's game will be neutralized in this one. 
Or they can get to the one yard line and throw a play action pass to a TE. I agree the yardage won't be there but no reason he can't throw for 200 yards and 2 tds

Ugh, I think I have to sit Cousins down for Winston.  Late game, forecase calls for steady winds in the 20+mph range.  I don't like it but I think it has to be done.

And replace Brown with who? NEVER bench your studs. The wind means just more short passes. the wind could also die down for a short period during the game,allowing for a few deep balls...If it was heavy snow with wind,maybe I'd think of benching Brown,but a little wind I wouldn't!!
In DFS. Can replace him with anybody and bump other slots.

A little wind is 10-20 mph.   Cleveland forecast 25-35 with peak gusts to 50 mph.

Steeler beat writer at game said Jordan Berry punted ball 70 yards. Next one took a hard left and only went 20 yards.

Last I saw, winds in DC @gamtime were in the teens.
Hmmm...

8:00 PM 

SUN, NOV 20

Clear/Wind

40°

30°

0%

41%

WNW 23 mph

9:00 PM 

SUN, NOV 20

Clear/Wind

40°

30°

0%

42%

W 22 mph

10:00 PM 

SUN, NOV 20

Clear/Wind

39°

28°

0%

43%

WNW 21 mph

11:00 PM 

SUN, NOV 20

Clear/Wind

38°

27°

0%

44%

W 22 mph

Hmmm...

8:00 PM 

SUN, NOV 20

Clear/Wind

40°

30°

0%

41%

WNW 23 mph

9:00 PM 

SUN, NOV 20

Clear/Wind

40°

30°

0%

42%

W 22 mph

10:00 PM 

SUN, NOV 20

Clear/Wind

39°

28°

0%

43%

WNW 21 mph

11:00 PM 

SUN, NOV 20

Clear/Wind

38°

27°

0%

44%

W 22 mph
Hmmmm.....looks like you posted the weather for D.C.  Since the Redskins play in Landover, MD, where wind is predicted to be 18 mph, that would be more applicable.

Daaaaamn..   With Ryan on BYE,  I have to chose between

Osweiler @ OAK

Kessler @ PIT (w/winds)

Cutler @ NYG (w/winds)

Goff v MIA

Last edited by a moderator:
Daaaaamn..   With Ryan on BYE,  I have to chose between

Osweiler @ OAK

Kessler @ PIT (w/winds)

Cutler @ NYG (w/winds)

Goff v MIA
Metrics say Kessler but that doesn't account for hurricane winds. Next guy is Osweiler. Goff first start in rain and Cutler stinks and in wind. I go Brock.  At least you get to watch him Monday night.  All 4 guys ranked 22nd or worse.

Users who are viewing this thread