What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 12 Waiver Wire (1 Viewer)

Obligatory Dion Lewis mention, if your leaguemates (and you) have been sleeping.

Whoever Seattle plugs in as the COP for Rawls...Pope?

Meredith if not picked up. With Alshon and Miller both gone now there has to be more targets coming his way.

Boyd

Lafell

Thielen

Denard Robinson

Alex Collins

Logan Paulsen as a desperation play

is there precedence in having thumb surgery and playing 6 days later?  because that is the current reporting on Mccoy's thumb injury.  Gillislie may be a decent 1 week rental

meredith may seem like the last viable target remaining in the bears passing game... but remember this is the same bears offesne that hasnt scored more than 20 points all season.  rex burkhead may be a cheaper faab bid in ppr that could potentially produce near a gio benard level

Wendell Smallwood.

Probably out there in most leagues. Ryan Mathews sounds pretty serious with the knee injury. Darren Sproles also with some kind of injury. This will be Smallwood and Barner in a run first offense that's got some weak defensive opponents coming up. 

For those that just lost Zach Miller, I am thinking AUSTIN HOOPER.

I just bumped his thread, and wrote about it here -  https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/741389-dynasty-stanford-te-austin-hooper/#comment-19634387

Here is the majority of what I wrote there.....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He is available virtually everywhere, and now  Jacob Tamme is out for the season.

He has caught 15 of 20 targets, so he seems to be pretty dependable, and from what I have seen Matt Ryan has no issue throwing to him, when other guys are out. (Tamme)

His one knock coming into the pro day and pre-NFL, was that he occasionally had the drops. But checking his stats, he started off extremely efficient, catching 11 for 11 , which is his totals through week 8 I believe.

Other than week 12 vs Arizona his schedule looks pretty easy rest-of-season.

Whats the hope here...?   I'm not expecting a Gronk like breakout, but the dominoes have fallen in such a way for him that he may well have low end TE1-ish numbers the rest of season.

The Falcons are obviously in the playoff hunt, so there is no letting up. He seems to now be in a position where he HAS to step up, and the limited work before now has been pretty good.

Tevin Coleman is still gimpy, Devonta Freeman is all systems go, but we all know the "only" WR in town is Julio.  It would seem to be a scenario where Hooper has a great chance of being a solid TE down the stretch, barring this week.

Matt Ryan has shown us in the past he will target his tight ends, once he garners some trust.

This is looking like a scenario where owners currently starting "flavor of the week" tight ends, can take a chance on this guy and get themselves some solid production from here on out, barring injury.

I'm not forecasting a blow up, but all the right things seem to have fallen into place. I don't think low end TE1 numbers are out of the question, and he may well have a couple of big games down the stretch. He certainly has some favorable matchups.

TZM

Tajae Sharpe seems to be coming around after falling off the grid and part of a surging Titans' offense. May have been dropped in many leagues.

Great question, like you, wish I had the answer.

Meredith is likely going to get more targets, but with a depleted offense, may also draw more attention. Wish I knew, but I think I'm leaning Meredith????
I decided to go with Boyd because I think Cutler is now out with a shoulder injury. I don't think that offense will be too pass heavy, as I think they'll lean on the running game a bit more. Boyd will at least have a competent quarterback. 

I decided to go with Boyd because I think Cutler is now out with a shoulder injury. I don't think that offense will be too pass heavy, as I think they'll lean on the running game a bit more. Boyd will at least have a competent quarterback. 
Don't blame you, but honestly? I think losing Cutler is actually a good thing for the Bears.

For those that just lost Zach Miller, I am thinking AUSTIN HOOPER.

I just bumped his thread, and wrote about it here -  https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/741389-dynasty-stanford-te-austin-hooper/#comment-19634387

Here is the majority of what I wrote there.....

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He is available virtually everywhere, and now  Jacob Tamme is out for the season.

He has caught 15 of 20 targets, so he seems to be pretty dependable, and from what I have seen Matt Ryan has no issue throwing to him, when other guys are out. (Tamme)

His one knock coming into the pro day and pre-NFL, was that he occasionally had the drops. But checking his stats, he started off extremely efficient, catching 11 for 11 , which is his totals through week 8 I believe.

Other than week 12 vs Arizona his schedule looks pretty easy rest-of-season.

Whats the hope here...?   I'm not expecting a Gronk like breakout, but the dominoes have fallen in such a way for him that he may well have low end TE1-ish numbers the rest of season.

The Falcons are obviously in the playoff hunt, so there is no letting up. He seems to now be in a position where he HAS to step up, and the limited work before now has been pretty good.

Tevin Coleman is still gimpy, Devonta Freeman is all systems go, but we all know the "only" WR in town is Julio.  It would seem to be a scenario where Hooper has a great chance of being a solid TE down the stretch, barring this week.

Matt Ryan has shown us in the past he will target his tight ends, once he garners some trust.

This is looking like a scenario where owners currently starting "flavor of the week" tight ends, can take a chance on this guy and get themselves some solid production from here on out, barring injury.

I'm not forecasting a blow up, but all the right things seem to have fallen into place. I don't think low end TE1 numbers are out of the question, and he may well have a couple of big games down the stretch. He certainly has some favorable matchups.

TZM
Interesting call, and solid analysis. Have  trouble seeing Hooper as a guy who could outperform other options that may be out there at TE -- Ladarius Green, Jared Cook, even Fiedorowicz seems dependable. But the upside is clearly there with Hooper and he seems to be taking advantage of the situation.

It certainly can't hurt Meredith.
I would have agreed with you guys,  and I personally felt the same way.......When Hoyer was the backup.  Now we're looking at Matt Barkley as the starter if Cutler misses time. Matt Barkley as the starter is never a good thing for any team or any player.

My claims (16-team standard, desperately need a WR and am finally giving up on John Brown):

1. Boyd

2. Thielen

3. Sharp

Dont feel super confident in any of them. Have Boyd first because he looks to be the WR1 (or at least 1A) for the next few weeks. Thielen is a WR2 who benefitted this week from the fact that Peterson was on Diggs, but he does have a good matchup vs Detroit. Sharp is a WR2 who has a bye in Week 13 plus a tough playoff schedule. 

AP showed up on my waiver wire pickup.  He was dropped in my redraft.  Footballguys are saying, " Peterson *could* return in Week 15 or 16."

Is this a legit threat?  This league also goes to week 17 (ugh)  I don't need him, but would love to keep him off everyone else's roster.  

AP showed up on my waiver wire pickup.  He was dropped in my redraft.  Footballguys are saying, " Peterson *could* return in Week 15 or 16."

Is this a legit threat?  This league also goes to week 17 (ugh)  I don't need him, but would love to keep him off everyone else's roster.  
If you have a roster spot to burn go right ahead.  I'm considering him but really not all that worried if another team picks him up.  He's not much of a threat this year.

Honestly? Still think Barkley can perform as well as that buffoon Cutler has. Likely last time we see Cutler in a Bears uniform, and possibly as a starter in the NFL.
Barkley will not do as well as Cutler could do.  He can certainly do as bad and much worse.  Cutler didn't even play that bad against the Giants considering what he had to work with. 

Barkley has not looked good in the limited time he has played but IMO this doesn't automatically mean Meredith's fantasy value is nullified. Terrible QBs can still make a WR useful in fantasy if he peppers him with targets. Granted we don't know if Meredith would be that guy. Could be Royal. Or Wilson. Or just dumpoffs to RBs. For now Meredith is a hold to me.... unless you can drop him for a better option like Boyd.

Barkley has not looked good in the limited time he has played but IMO this doesn't automatically mean Meredith's fantasy value is nullified. Terrible QBs can still make a WR useful in fantasy if he peppers him with targets. Granted we don't know if Meredith would be that guy. Could be Royal. Or Wilson. Or just dumpoffs to RBs. For now Meredith is a hold to me.... unless you can drop him for a better option like Boyd.
I think Royal as a slot/underneath routed guy may actually be more of the beneficiary here. 

If you have a roster spot to burn go right ahead.  I'm considering him but really not all that worried if another team picks him up.  He's not much of a threat this year.
Pretty much how I feel too. He wasn't all that effective before the injury. The Vikings OL has not looked good all season. Not sure if he came back at that point, if he would even be worth starting, especially his 1st week back.

picking him up ?? Hell, I think I may start him this week over Winston or Bortles. LOL.

I would love to roll Kaep out there in week 15 when he plays the Falcons.
I actually dropped Bortles for him in my league lol. Bortles' schedule from here on out is already brutal enough, and he's not playing too well. 

Bit of an aside while we make waiver decisions - 

You guys consider people like Paul Perkins or Duke Johnson holds? Would you drop for Collins, Smallwood, etc? 

Bit of an aside while we make waiver decisions - 

You guys consider people like Paul Perkins or Duke Johnson holds? Would you drop for Collins, Smallwood, etc? 
I would hold Duke in redrafts for sure.  Drop Perkins, take Smallwood over Collins.

This is my reference.

It looks like Nelson is being phased out of ARI's offense (92% of snaps before the bye then 62% and 41% after the bye) so he either didn't meet exceptions or Arians hyping him up was just coachspeak. Although John Brown saw minimal targets last week he played on 81% of the snaps which is the highest total since week 5. It looks like people are dropping him and although that WR corps has been a merry-go-round he may be worth a stab as a WR4. The schedule isn't bad either.

Even though Boyd saw less snaps/targets than LaFell I think he's the obvious choice of the two because he sucks less.

I think Jared Cook is probably a trap. I doubt he leads the team in targets again this year.

Where as I think Cook is a trap, I still believe Fiedorwicz, who lead HOU in targets last week, is under-owned. After not being a factor in weeks 1-3 (4 targets) he's averaged 7 targets a game and is Brock's obvious safety valve. The downside is that he isn't targeted much in the red zone so he's more of a stable PPR option. His schedule is also neutral to good.

Lee is starting to look like the 2nd option in the pecking order behind ARob. You couldn't pay me to hitch my wagon to Bortles however. He's zipping balls at his receivers feet on the reg.

If Parker is still on your WW he's an obvious pick-up with 18 targets in his last two weeks. It looks like he's over the hamstring injury.

I see a lot of Thielen love but if Diggs' injury is serious what about CPat? He was utilized 8 times last week to Thielen's 5 and has been utilized 4 more times than Thielen has over the past 5 weeks. I suppose both are worth looking at if you need help.

Sharpe is a trap.

Garcon is probably a trap even with Cousins playing at a high level. He feels like a perpetual 5/50 guy on his ~7 targets a game.

Users who are viewing this thread