What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 12 News: (1 Viewer)

Eric Reid - SF Out for rest of the season with torn biceps

Clayton Geathers- IND in Concussion Protocol on short week (play Steelers Thursday Evening)

Alan Branch -NEP suspended 4 games for violating league's substance abuse policy

Jason Jones - MIA suspended 2 games for violating league's substance abuse policy

And on a positive note, Aqib Talib and Derek Wolfe -DEN returned to practice on Monday

The real question is do we pick up Trevathan and play with aggression now that he has no real tackle competition. Playing TEN this week and potentially being on the field alot with Cutler most likely out seems like a recipe for a load of tackles.

The real question is do we pick up Trevathan and play with aggression now that he has no real tackle competition. Playing TEN this week and potentially being on the field alot with Cutler most likely out seems like a recipe for a load of tackles.
If he is available, this absolutely boosts his stock.  I'd expect him to be rostered in most leagues.

Kwiatkoski next man up?
The Bears official website has Kwiatkoski backing up Freeman and Jones backing up Trevathan. If Fox stays true to the SAM/WILL next man up depth chart like Chip did with Bellore after Bowman went down, Kwiatkoski will not only man Freeman's spot but may also wear the green dot. Check this out from John Mullin of CSN Chicago:

http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-bears/injuries-suspensions-provide-three-bears-starting-jobs-and-potential-2017-auditions

I'm going to go get him and watch for a week to see. If he does call the plays and produces anywhere near Freeman, he'd be a steal this late in the season.

Probably only available in shallow leagues but get him if you can.

Indeed! Am I crazy to start Trevathan this week over Shazier or Jamie? I think he will be in the field a ton vs a run heavy team since Matt Barkley will be starting. I just get the feeling this is a boom spot for him.

Indeed! Am I crazy to start Trevathan this week over Shazier or Jamie? I think he will be in the field a ton vs a run heavy team since Matt Barkley will be starting. I just get the feeling this is a boom spot for him.
I don't think you would be crazy.  I don't know if I would do it but I understand the reasoning.

Dolphins DE Dion Jordan (knee surgery, NFI) is expected to resume practicing on Wednesday.
The monumental 2013 draft bust hasn't taken part in a regular season practice since December 2014. It's still just a tiny step. Jordan is recovering from two knee operations. The Dolphins are simply starting his three-week window for activation. It's still possible Jordan doesn't play this season.

Luke Kuechly out indefinitely...who is the pickup?
Not disputing this news, but where did you see this?  Rotoworld says there's "no timetable", so I suppose that also could mean "out indefinitely: :lol:

Just wondering if there was something more recent than Kuechly's Rotoworld profile, etc.

I think Thomas Davis' tackles go up, but he's rostered.  Shaq Thompson will probably see the next-biggest bump in value.  I don't think David Mayo is going to do much.

The Bears official website has Kwiatkoski backing up Freeman and Jones backing up Trevathan. If Fox stays true to the SAM/WILL next man up depth chart like Chip did with Bellore after Bowman went down, Kwiatkoski will not only man Freeman's spot but may also wear the green dot. Check this out from John Mullin of CSN Chicago:

http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-bears/injuries-suspensions-provide-three-bears-starting-jobs-and-potential-2017-auditions

I'm going to go get him and watch for a week to see. If he does call the plays and produces anywhere near Freeman, he'd be a steal this late in the season.
I can see the Bears - with as absolutely decimated as they are - giving Kwiat a nice long audition.

Not disputing this news, but where did you see this?  Rotoworld says there's "no timetable", so I suppose that also could mean "out indefinitely: :lol:

Just wondering if there was something more recent than Kuechly's Rotoworld profile, etc.

I think Thomas Davis' tackles go up, but he's rostered.  Shaq Thompson will probably see the next-biggest bump in value.  I don't think David Mayo is going to do much.

I don't recall where I saw it. To me, no timetable = out indefinitely.  :shrug:

ETA - maybe from here http://www.kffl.com/wireless/nfl-wireless.php?view=1055432&page=

Panthers | Luke Kuechly out indefinitely
Mon, 21 Nov 2016 11:56:26 -0800

Updating a previous story, Carolina Panthers LB Luke Kuechly (concussion) is not expected to return anytime soon, as head coach Ron Rivera stated there is "no timetable" for his injury.

Source: The Charlotte Observer - Joseph Person

Last edited by a moderator:
Kuechly might be sitting out the rest of the season. They're are the bottom of the division and with little hope of getting into the playoffs. Might be better for them to give Shaq some burn for the duration. If by some miracle they do find themselves in a must win game for a playoff shot then he can come back.

No Geathers? Go get Tartt if he's out there. Not that we didn't expect it, but Taylor Price, beat writer for 49ers.com, wrote, "O’Neil tabbed second-year safety  Jaquiski Tartt  as the new starting safety in San Francisco’s defensive lineup."

Miami is not a great matchup by the numbers, but the numbers don't include dates with the 49ers defense where Bethea and Reid are #1 & #2 in tackles on the team respectively. With their sieve of a front seven I fully expect Tartt to pick up right where Reid left off. And doesn't everyone need a guy with a name like "Jaquiski" on their team? 

D. Levy ruled OUT. 

T. Whitehead numbers should stay consistent with previous weeks. Not sure what to expect when Levy does return. 

Thanks for the advice on a Geathers replacement Stickum. 

According to ESPN's Adam Caplan, Raiders CB David Amerson (knee) is "very questionable" for Sunday's Week 12 game against the Panthers.
Amerson only practiced once this week and is headed for a game-time decision. 

Raiders CB David Amerson (knee) is inactive for Week 12 against the Panthers.
Amerson missed practice Wednesday and Thursday before getting in a limited session Friday. It wasn't enough for him to be ready. It's a boost to both Kelvin Benjamin and Cam Newton's matchups, as Amerson is arguably the Raiders' best corner. D.J. Hayden will be an every-snap corner. Also inactive for the Raiders are RB DeAndre Washington, QB Connor Cook, CB Dexter McDonald, ILB Perry Riley, OT Denver Kirkland, and OLB Shilique Calhoun. Nov 27 - 3:03 PM
...not that anyone really had time to react to that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, no - I was referring to the blurb from Rotoworld, not your post.  (They put that up at 3:03pm)

Users who are viewing this thread