What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Need to drop an RB - WHIR (1 Viewer)

themeistersinger

Footballguy
So I was able to pick up Tevin Coleman this week to add to my stable - I have a win sown up so I cut my kicker for tonight.

Now I need to pick up a Kicker for next week so somebody has to go.

PPR League

Obvious keepers
David Johnson - 12 @ Falcons, 13 home Redskins, 14 @ Dolphins, 15 home Saints, 16 @ Seahawks
Melvin Gordon - 12 @ Texans, 13 home Buccs, 14 @ Panthers, 15 home Raiders, 16 @ Browns
Thomas Rawls - 12 @ Buccs, 13 home Panthers, 14 @ Packers, 15 home Rams, 16 home Cardinals

Need to drop one of these
Dion Lewis - 12 @ Jets, 13 home Rams, 14 home Ravens, 15 @ Broncos, 16 home Jets
James White - 12 @ Jets, 13 home Rams, 14 home Ravens, 15 @ Broncos, 16 home Jets
Tevin Coleman - 12 home Cardinals, 13 home Chiefs, 14 @ Rams, 15 home 49ers, 16 @ Panthers

Here's the snap splits for NE RB's this Sunday
LeGarrette Blount - 45%
James White - 32%
Dion Lewis - 28%

Rest of Roster
QB - Matthew Stafford
WR - Stefon Diggs, Brandom Marshall, Brandin Cooks, Davante Adams
TE - Martellus Bennett, Tyler Eifert
DST - New England Patriots
K - Vacant

It's a short bench - 14 total players on roster, 9 starters each week

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with White, BUT I also agree isn't there someone else you can drop??? I wouldn't want to drop White yet if you can avoid it?

Frankly, I don't like White or Lewis--I think they're going to cancel each other out. Lewis is a bit better, but White's also not bad as a receiving RB (for ppr leagues)

I would have to think there is someone else you could drop however, out of those choices I think White is the bottom of your list.  White and Lewis will most likely cancel each other out but I think Lewis has the bigger upside if given the chance so I would give him the slight nod over White if you had to drop one of them.

I added my roster info above - I've got 6 RB's right now, 1 QB, 4 WR (who are OK but nothing special) so not a lot of wiggle room on my roster.

With those RB's and no one else to drop, I think I go against the grain here and drop Coleman.

You'll likely have one RB to start in case one of your top 3 get hurt.  I prefer White/Lewis to White/Coleman or Lewis/Coleman

JMO

Users who are viewing this thread