What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Just a couple openings in ($25) 16 Tm Dynasty IDP Balanced Scoring startup (1 Viewer)

jacobo_moses

Footballguy
Hey guys and gals. Looking to start a new IDP dynasty league in Jan or Feb online at myfantasyleague.com

16 teams in the league. 

Just league site fees the first year. Then go with fees and $25 or $50 buy in. With 4 payouts.

Again this is an IDP league with large benches. You can email me at jacobo_moses@yahoo.com or text me at 208 569 2203 if your interested. We will have a free agent and rookie draft each year

Here is the site we  will pattern the scoring after.  THIS IS A LEAGUE MATT WALDMAN Commishes and loves as his favorite. We are going to pattern it almost like that. 

http://www54.myfantasyleague.com/2016/options?L=17281&O=09

Thanks

Just fyi. Ive played Dynasty IDP football for 10 or 11yrs. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Im interested. Haven't had a new Dynasty startup in a couple years.

Current owner in multiple dynasty, IDP, large roster leagues now. Have plenty of references.

Hey guys I am at 9/10 owners for sure.  Waiting to hear back from a few more.  So if you want in for sure let me know soon.  They are filling up fast. 

Here is what I emailed the rest of the league as the basic framework of the league. 

Hey guys ironing out a few more details. Here is how the payout will be which I think should be fair and kind of fun. :)

It is $69.95 for a year membership of Myfantasyleague.com. 

So if you take the $25 for each 16 team owner that is $400. 

Take the $400 minus the $69.95 and you get $333.05

Then I was going to do $25 for each division winner. (With 4 divisions that is $100)

Which leaves $233.05 then the payouts will be as follows:

1st place  and Super Bowl Champ $150.00 

2nd place gets $50

(I haven't settled on this the rest of the $30.05 going to 3rd place or the Total Points winner.) You guys let me know what you prefer? :)

I hadn't decided if we should use leaguesafe or paypal? Does anyone know which is better or cheaper? :) Let me know thoughts there. 

At since that other league is a 12 team league we need to cut back how many players we start and roster by just a little bit so there is enough talented players to go around.  I will put in the bylaws that we can change it after the 1st year by a poll with majority rule if we feel that is too big or too small. 

So it will look like this

QB, RB, RB, WR,WR,WR,TE,K,(WR,RB,TE Flex) then on defense it will be DE,DE,LB,LB,LB,DB,DB, (DB,LB,DL flex) and then you need one player to back up each spot.  So that is 17 starters and 17 bench players.  Then we will have 3 taxi squad spots that can be used for 1st or 2nd yr players.  You can promote them up to your active roster but never back DOWN.  Add some strategy and make sure you really think about who you promote and drop. 

Now as far as Free Agency goes. Every March (if a player hasn't gotten an extension in the real NFL and are a free agent in real life they will be in our league.)  But I want to give everyone a chance to keep 1 offensive player and one defensive player.  But it will come at a price. Any 1 Offensive player and 1 Defensive player you want to keep you lose the round in Free Agency or the Rookie Draft that you originally drafted that player at for just the next offseason.  So make sure you keep that draft pick if you plan on keeping a player from going to free agency.  (This adds strategy and parity to the league.)  If this is a deal breaker then let me know and I will fill your spot with someone else. If you happen to find a gem in free agency at some point (so you didn't draft him in the startup, free agency draft, or Rookie draft.) you would just lose your lowest free agent draft pick. (Let me know if this makes sense or not.) 

Free agency will be open during the offseason from April to Sept as a first come first serve one time a week.  During the reg season it will be a blind bidding free agency.  (So makes you calculate and use your FA dollars wisely and not willy nilly) Everyone will have a free agency budget to use for the reg season.  What you don't use that season I think I want to carry over. This is something I am new to but told by several commissioners it is the only fair way to do it and the best. So this part of the bylaws is a little fluid.  But I will have it ironed out before January. 

AND we won't have Salaries in this league. It just complicates it. 

Now in Jan or February when we are full and ready to start.  The Startup draft will be put into a random draft order calculation.  And we will do a snake draft from there.  Then the first Rookie draft (beginning of June) will be inverse of that order to be fair to everyone that they can get some good talent in either draft. 

Still working through some other bylaws and details. 

So again if you are NOT interested or don't respond by Wed let me know or by your non response that you aren't interested and I can fill your spot with someone else. I think we should collect fees by middle of January. (At least I hope.) 

Email me with any questions.

Jacob Blackburn 

Commish (Still need to come up with a sweet league name too.)  

the #### you are, count me in! jsmith7038@gmail.com, if you decide you want a real Buddy Ryan to join this martha facka!

Users who are viewing this thread