What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Fanduel Week 12 (1 Viewer)

chet

Footballguy
Looking at Thanksgiving only rosters. 

My first attempt.  Very Steeler heavy.

Ben

Bell/Rob Kelley

Brown/Diggs/Crowder

Rudolph/Hopkins/Vikings

Any thoughts?  No IVC yet

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep an eye on Diggs, he is listed on the injury report

Too much Wash in that LU for my tastes

I'm all Pitt DEF if Luck doesn't play, might stick with them even if he does

I have to have some Dak, Dez. exposure

Running  a few LUs with Bell,Zeke

I really dislike three game slates, but I put the following in for the Road to 51 Thursday game...

Cousins

Bell, Elliott

Crowder, Tate, Rogers

Reed

Bailey

PIT

Any tips for the smaller slates? I haven't seem to had much luck with them, but was still going to enter a couple lineups for a few bucks.  Like Megla said, if Luck is out, I will be on the Pitts D and probably fading all Indy players.

Here was a first try at a LU after the Luck news:

Cousins

Zeke/Bell

Brown/Crowder/Rogers

Witten

Prater

Pitts. 

Thoughts on that?  Obviously I just plugged in the trio of Bell/Zeke/Brown and tried to build a roster around that.  However, with Luck maybe out, I am wondering if the studs won't have as good of a game, as that could get out of hand with Indy's backup under center. 

I do think I might do a few of the Thurs-Monday (just includes the Thurs pm game).  It will be fun to see what LUs I can get together with Bell and DJ at Rb and both at 9500 :shock:

As far as the main slate goes:

- IMO it will be tough to not use Wilson in just about everything.  His price hasn't come up and is still at 7500 and TB is giving up the 3rd most pts to QBs over the last 5-6 weeks.

- That said, I also really like both QBs in that Car/Oak game, especially since both are under 8000. 

- gpp Qbs: Palmer, Wentz, Kaep?

- Of course DJ again, despite his price.  Atl D is not good.  I assume the other place to look is Ajayi at home vs. SF. 

- I also like both Rbs in the Sd/Houst game.  Gordon coming off a bye and Houst  just showed they can be had by pass catching Rbs.  Miller's price has dropped a little to 7100, and maybe his MNF performance will get the coach's heads out of their asses and give him the ball more (of course having the other rbs hurt last night helped his cause).

- Cheaper RBs = Jennings vs. Cleveland and West vs. Cinci

- Hard not to like OBJ vs. Cleveland assuming the weather is more cooperative than last weekend.

- Really like the price of the Oak WRs vs Carolina this week, and Baldwin's $ is still low and he and Wilson are starting to catch on like last year.

- It will be hard not to go back to the well on guys like Edelman, R.Matthews, S.Smith, Shepard. 

- If we can figure out the AZ WRs, that could be fantasy goodness vs. the Falcons

- Not too sure about TEs this week yet.  I still like Eifert, and he should be a focal point with Green out.  Gates is still the main guy for Rivers and just a couple TDs from the record.  If Seattle can keep Evans under control, Winston loves to look Brate's way a lot now. 

- Ks?  I guess Lutz or Jano at home?  At this point, it's probably just wise to go into full avoid weather mode.

- Ds I like Denver, Buffalo, Baltimore, and N.O.

Put in a Luck led Thu lineup last night and then heard this morning he is out along with possibly  diggs who I also have in there.

For now that leaves me with this-

Cousins

Zeke Bell

Crowder Beasley Diggs(or Moncreif)

Ebron

Prater

Pitt

Also got a Chefs cut to the playoffs freeroll-did everyone get 1 of these?

KarmaPolice said:
Any tips for the smaller slates? I haven't seem to had much luck with them, but was still going to enter a couple lineups for a few bucks.  Like Megla said, if Luck is out, I will be on the Pitts D and probably fading all Indy players.

Here was a first try at a LU after the Luck news:

Cousins

Zeke/Bell

Brown/Crowder/Rogers

Witten

Prater

Pitts. 

Thoughts on that?  Obviously I just plugged in the trio of Bell/Zeke/Brown and tried to build a roster around that.  However, with Luck maybe out, I am wondering if the studs won't have as good of a game, as that could get out of hand with Indy's backup under center. 
For the smaller slates try building your LU from the bottom up

Start with K, find one in a high total game playing at home, preferably inside, if there's not one then get the best K you can in a high total game.

Then choose your def, in small slates don't sweat having a def and then having players that are going up against that Def, it won't matter, the only way a Def is going to be a factor is if they score TDs and that doesn't adversely effect your players going against that Def

Move to TE, This is where you can play contrarian, thinking outside the box a bit

Now decide if you want to spend your money on RBs or WRs, I like to build one using each just in case.

Look at your WR3 for contrarian play as well, look for an injury to a WR1 or WR2 for a bump or for a WR3 that had a good week the previous week.

For the Thur only slate here is how I started

At Kicker this came down to Prater or Bailey to me, Bailey at home, indoors and a total of 51, that's my guy.  I may create a secondary LU using Prater as he is cheap and allows me some flexibility.

Now to TE, I'm going to believe history repeats itself here and go with Rudolph as DET has been bad against TEs.  I may pivot to Green to save some salary in s secondary LU

Next, No Luck and the performance from last week= all the Pitt Def I can get

For this slate, looking at WRs you have Bell, TY (No Luck no Thanks) and Dez then a big drop off.  This makes me lean toward creating a LU that is RB top heavy.

So Bell/Zeke

I know I want the Dak/Dez stack so I have to make a decision here sure up the WR1 and WR2 or spend less at the QB spot, for this LU I'm going to sure up the WRs, AB and, based on last week C Patterson

At QB I can go Cousins or Stafford, leaving me with a Tate or ERogers choice, I choose Stafford so my main GPP LU will be

Staff/Bell/Zeke/AB/EliRog/CPatterson/Rud/Baily/Pitt

Ill look at things much differently for Cash as I will build my cash LUs around a Dak/Dez stack

For the smaller slates try building your LU from the bottom up

Start with K, find one in a high total game playing at home, preferably inside, if there's not one then get the best K you can in a high total game.

Then choose your def, in small slates don't sweat having a def and then having players that are going up against that Def, it won't matter, the only way a Def is going to be a factor is if they score TDs and that doesn't adversely effect your players going against that Def

Move to TE, This is where you can play contrarian, thinking outside the box a bit

Now decide if you want to spend your money on RBs or WRs, I like to build one using each just in case.

Look at your WR3 for contrarian play as well, look for an injury to a WR1 or WR2 for a bump or for a WR3 that had a good week the previous week.

For the Thur only slate here is how I started

At Kicker this came down to Prater or Bailey to me, Bailey at home, indoors and a total of 51, that's my guy.  I may create a secondary LU using Prater as he is cheap and allows me some flexibility.

Now to TE, I'm going to believe history repeats itself here and go with Rudolph as DET has been bad against TEs.  I may pivot to Green to save some salary in s secondary LU

Next, No Luck and the performance from last week= all the Pitt Def I can get

For this slate, looking at WRs you have Bell, TY (No Luck no Thanks) and Dez then a big drop off.  This makes me lean toward creating a LU that is RB top heavy.

So Bell/Zeke

I know I want the Dak/Dez stack so I have to make a decision here sure up the WR1 and WR2 or spend less at the QB spot, for this LU I'm going to sure up the WRs, AB and, based on last week C Patterson

At QB I can go Cousins or Stafford, leaving me with a Tate or ERogers choice, I choose Stafford so my main GPP LU will be

Staff/Bell/Zeke/AB/EliRog/CPatterson/Rud/Baily/Pitt

Ill look at things much differently for Cash as I will build my cash LUs around a Dak/Dez stack
:thumpup:

Thanks for the input.  So my LU that I put up isn't that far off of what you were talking/what your LU was. 

How are people approaching this Thursday only slate with regard to contest selection?

I am going to do a Thursday lineup if only because I have a Friends mode league but I am wondering if it is worth trotting out across 2x 3x and quints.

First crack at a Thursday lineup for a friends mode league:

Cousins

Bell-Kelley

Antonio-Dez-Crowder

Rudolph

Boswell

Hopkins

Steelers D

KarmaPolice said:
As far as the main slate goes:

- IMO it will be tough to not use Wilson in just about everything.  His price hasn't come up and is still at 7500 and TB is giving up the 3rd most pts to QBs over the last 5-6 weeks.

- That said, I also really like both QBs in that Car/Oak game, especially since both are under 8000. 

- gpp Qbs: Palmer, Wentz, Kaep?

- Of course DJ again, despite his price.  Atl D is not good.  I assume the other place to look is Ajayi at home vs. SF. 

- I also like both Rbs in the Sd/Houst game.  Gordon coming off a bye and Houst  just showed they can be had by pass catching Rbs.  Miller's price has dropped a little to 7100, and maybe his MNF performance will get the coach's heads out of their asses and give him the ball more (of course having the other rbs hurt last night helped his cause).

- Cheaper RBs = Jennings vs. Cleveland and West vs. Cinci

- Hard not to like OBJ vs. Cleveland assuming the weather is more cooperative than last weekend.

- Really like the price of the Oak WRs vs Carolina this week, and Baldwin's $ is still low and he and Wilson are starting to catch on like last year.

- It will be hard not to go back to the well on guys like Edelman, R.Matthews, S.Smith, Shepard. 

- If we can figure out the AZ WRs, that could be fantasy goodness vs. the Falcons

- Not too sure about TEs this week yet.  I still like Eifert, and he should be a focal point with Green out.  Gates is still the main guy for Rivers and just a couple TDs from the record.  If Seattle can keep Evans under control, Winston loves to look Brate's way a lot now. 

- Ks?  I guess Lutz or Jano at home?  At this point, it's probably just wise to go into full avoid weather mode.

- Ds I like Denver, Buffalo, Baltimore, and N.O.
Here was the "placeholder" lineup I threw into a few contests for the main slate...

Wilson, Murray, Gordon, Fitz, Benjamin, Edelman, Walker, Hauschka, Baltimore

Agree with you on Wilson, not sure I am looking anywhere else.

At RB, DJ is just so expensive, but you have to give him consideration.  Hoping to get more bang for the buck with Murray/Gordon.  Ajayi seems to make sense, but my gut just can't allow myself to do it.  

I was also thinking long and hard about Jennings and/or OBJ.  I like them both, but being a Browns homer I doubt I will play them.  Haden should blanket OBJ and I think the sneaky play here may be Shepard for decent value.

I think several TEs are viable options...Olsen, Graham, Eiffert, Walker, Gates...  may pivot from Walker to Gates or split them in my lineups rather than pay up for Olsen/Graham.  With McCown playing for CLE, Barnidge could be a sneaky cheap option...maybe the risk is more suited for gpp.

Here was the "placeholder" lineup I threw into a few contests for the main slate...

Wilson, Murray, Gordon, Fitz, Benjamin, Edelman, Walker, Hauschka, Baltimore

Agree with you on Wilson, not sure I am looking anywhere else.

At RB, DJ is just so expensive, but you have to give him consideration.  Hoping to get more bang for the buck with Murray/Gordon.  Ajayi seems to make sense, but my gut just can't allow myself to do it.  

I was also thinking long and hard about Jennings and/or OBJ.  I like them both, but being a Browns homer I doubt I will play them.  Haden should blanket OBJ and I think the sneaky play here may be Shepard for decent value.

I think several TEs are viable options...Olsen, Graham, Eiffert, Walker, Gates...  may pivot from Walker to Gates or split them in my lineups rather than pay up for Olsen/Graham.  With McCown playing for CLE, Barnidge could be a sneaky cheap option...maybe the risk is more suited for gpp.
I think what I keep coming back to is that there isn't really a stud WR I want to pay up for this week either.  I guess maybe OBJ, but Julio and Evans draw a tough matchup.  Basically it's just like last week for me in that I when I look at WRs I am already down in the 7000s for people I really like (Fitz, Cooper), and I can usually fit DJ in there.  Kinda the same thing with the QBs- the ones I really seem to like are sub 8000.  Not going to be 100% on DJ, but I think he can be in a lot of good lineups despite his price. 

I do like your LU...

I have had 3 straight losing weeks,  last week in epic fashion.  Thoughts on my thurs-mon LU?

Wilson

Johnson

Bell

Baldwin

Smith Sr. 

Edelman

Cook

Lambo

Giants

Thanksgiving slate....no love for Tolzien here?  Tops in IVC.  You get Bell, Elliott and Brown easy.  GPP play?

Thanksgiving slate....no love for Tolzien here?  Tops in IVC.  You get Bell, Elliott and Brown easy.  GPP play?
I was noticing that too.  I would be lying if I said I didn't write his name down because of that - same thing with Thurs-Mon, starting him gets you DJ, Bell, and Brown with decent space to get other good guys in there as well.

I was noticing that too.  I would be lying if I said I didn't write his name down because of that - same thing with Thurs-Mon, starting him gets you DJ, Bell, and Brown with decent space to get other good guys in there as well.
I may split him and Cousins.  You get Bell Elliott Brown with both, just have to drop Diggs and Tate to Garcon and Boldin for example.  Or in the Cousins, take Minny (who I like #1) to Pitt and keep Tate, then Garcon over Diggs, works.  

Confusing right?  Have another glass I will.

Will pay up for DJ as the highest priced WR I like this week is Cooper(7.8) going against Carolina's soft zone defense.

At QB like Wilson,Carr and Brees.

Don't get to say this often but Saints and Titans Ds are in play with Saints just above min price and playing at home vs putrid Rams.

Will pay up for DJ as the highest priced WR I like this week is Cooper(7.8) going against Carolina's soft zone defense.

At QB like Wilson,Carr and Brees.

Don't get to say this often but Saints and Titans Ds are in play with Saints just above min price and playing at home vs putrid Rams.
I like the Titans D as well.  However, even vs. the Rams, I can not bring myself to use NO.  The Rams were very conservative in their play calling last week...lots of short quick passes.  I don't think they want to put Goff in a position to make too many mistakes or get beat up, and I expect it will stay pretty conservative as they try to build Goff's confidence.  

I like the Titans D as well.  However, even vs. the Rams, I can not bring myself to use NO.  The Rams were very conservative in their play calling last week...lots of short quick passes.  I don't think they want to put Goff in a position to make too many mistakes or get beat up, and I expect it will stay pretty conservative as they try to build Goff's confidence.  
I typed this one too, but have talked myself out of it.  I have been sucked into using a subpar D in a supposedly cake matchup a couple times this year already without good results.  I could easily see LA fighting back a little against a not good D.  Buffalo is a good scoring D vs. the Jags at home, so I think I will just stick with targeting pick 6 Bortles with my D.  If I need to save a few bucks, I think Baltimore or KC is as low as I go at 4500. 

Right now my Thur/Mon Cash LU looks like this..........not finalized of course

Cam-Bell-Ajayi-Kelvin-Edel-Fitz-Hooper-Cantanz-Pitts

Thoughts:

Cam and Carolina are in a must win situation. Oakland does not have a good defense and I think it's going to be time for them to come back down to earth. Pretty high game total also. Oakland does not cover WR1's well, so got Kelvin going with Cam. 

Bell is going to get 35-40 against a putrid Colts Defense. My only worry is that the game gets out of hand with Tolkien at QB for the Colts. Although, the Steelers can't stop anyone either. I like DJ this week, but did you see the holes Blount had to run through last week. Ajayi and his offensive line should have a heyday against them. I can see 200 yards as a possibility. 

Edel is going to get targets and its the best way for New England to move the ball against the Jets. Fitz is just solid going against a bad Atlanta defense. Hooper is kind of a punt, but I think he can reach value at his price. I may move off him as he is a little risky. I can come down from Cam or at WR. Pitts probably won't be able to stop Indy, but they should get some sacks and turnovers. Catanzaro is inside a dome in high scoring game. 

I am just playing GPP's on the Thursday games, but Bradford is going up against the worst pass defense in the league. It's not like Minny can run the ball either. I think this turns into more of a shootout than people think. I will be having some of Bradford and his receivers in GPP's. He should be low owned. 

Right now my Thur/Mon Cash LU looks like this..........not finalized of course

Cam-Bell-Ajayi-Kelvin-Edel-Fitz-Hooper-Cantanz-Pitts

Thoughts:

Cam and Carolina are in a must win situation. Oakland does not have a good defense and I think it's going to be time for them to come back down to earth. Pretty high game total also. Oakland does not cover WR1's well, so got Kelvin going with Cam. 

Bell is going to get 35-40 against a putrid Colts Defense. My only worry is that the game gets out of hand with Tolkien at QB for the Colts. Although, the Steelers can't stop anyone either. I like DJ this week, but did you see the holes Blount had to run through last week. Ajayi and his offensive line should have a heyday against them. I can see 200 yards as a possibility. 

Edel is going to get targets and its the best way for New England to move the ball against the Jets. Fitz is just solid going against a bad Atlanta defense. Hooper is kind of a punt, but I think he can reach value at his price. I may move off him as he is a little risky. I can come down from Cam or at WR. Pitts probably won't be able to stop Indy, but they should get some sacks and turnovers. Catanzaro is inside a dome in high scoring game. 
I like it.  I think the other thing Bell has going for him is that Williams is out again, so even if they get up big who else is going to get carries?

I am just playing GPP's on the Thursday games, but Bradford is going up against the worst pass defense in the league. It's not like Minny can run the ball either. I think this turns into more of a shootout than people think. I will be having some of Bradford and his receivers in GPP's. He should be low owned. 
I was just looking at this as well.  I think he will be even lower owned than Tolzien.  My question is - Is Diggs going to play?  Honestly don't know what is up with him, but saw that he DNP yesterday. 

For GPP, I am thinking about pivoting off Diggs to either Theilen or Patterson. Diggs will be the highly owned. Rudolph is also in play. 

I was just looking at this as well.  I think he will be even lower owned than Tolzien.  My question is - Is Diggs going to play?  Honestly don't know what is up with him, but saw that he DNP yesterday. 
I am not sure it matters...If not Diggs, the burden falls on Rudolph, Theilen, etc...  It is obvious they can't run the ball - last in the league, I believe.  Any offense likely needs to go through Bradford, IMO.  However, they haven't needed much offense with that defense scoring all the time!

I am not sure it matters...If not Diggs, the burden falls on Rudolph, Theilen, etc...  It is obvious they can't run the ball - last in the league, I believe.  Any offense likely needs to go through Bradford, IMO.  However, they haven't needed much offense with that defense scoring all the time!
Looked at rotoworld and it didn't sound great for Diggs. Even if he plays, I don't know if it's worth bothering with him. 

I let the E-Valuator decide which QBs I play one which sites, so I am going with Ben and Bradford on FD this week.  Not going crazy, I will probably just do 4 LUS, 2 for each QB and do the $1 Sweet Potato Dive for each and maybe my 2 favs in a $1 100 contest.  Here are what I have so far:

Bradford - Bell/Zeke - Brown/Patterson/Tate - Rudolph - Bailey - Pitt

Bradford - Bell/Zeke - Brown/Thielen/Boldin - Witten - Adam V - Dallas

Ben - Zeke/Riddick - Brown/Tate/Rogers - Reed - Prater - Pitt

Ben - Zeke - Brown/Moncrief/Hamilton - Reed - Prater - Pitt

Doing my Wash/Dallas stacks on DK.

I also caved and threw one Tolzien LU in the $2 Thurs-Mon gpp:

Tolzien - Bell/DJ - OBJ/Fitz/J.Matthews - McDonald - Franks - Buffalo

It is so funny how my crazy mind works. I am sitting here thinking about these Bradford plays in GPP's. 

Then I start thinking.........well surely we can't be the only ones thinking this. It fits all the supposed criteria for a successfully winning a GPP. 

Then I start thinking.........if all the sharks realize this also, then maybe the best play is to just go with Ben!

It cracks me up.......my freakin mind.   I am definitely doing some Bradford LU's, but I probably will have some other guys also.....

To me GPP's are just for entertainment anyway, and I don't play the expensive stuff, 25c, $1,$2 stuff........

Stupid $100k NFL/NBA Survivor playing Thursday-only for the finals. I HATE small slates. Any suggestions for how to approach? Pays top 50%, starting at $4 (entry was $2), so simply hitting the 50/50 (so to speak) pays +100%. 

Rotoworld seems to be pointing to Diggs not going tomorrow.  Also looks like Moncrief might be a game time decision. 
IVC suggests Crowder as a sub for Diggs.  Do you think Theilen gets enough of a bump to put him ahead of Crowder if Diggs can't go?  

IVC suggests Crowder as a sub for Diggs.  Do y think Theilen gets a bump.   if Diggs can't go?  
I think thielen is the go-to without Diggs. I think he had his big game vs the Lions this year too, but not sure.  I thought i read that Slay would probably be on Patterson on the outside  

I do think Crowder is a decent play too.  I think he has 3 100yd games in the last 4 or something like that.  

Diggs (knee) is unlikely to suit up for Thursday's contest at Detroit, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.

ANALYSIS:

Diggs traveled a precarious road this week, following Monday's limited listing on the injury report with DNPs both Tuesday and Wednesday. Embedded in a short week of preparation, the Vikings will seemingly hold out their No. 1 wideout, but a decision won't be made until the inactive list is released prior to Thursday's 12:30 PM ET kickoff.

podunker said:
Detroit's DEF is as healthy as it's been all year and have actually been playing pretty well the last few games. Fading anyone from MINN this week myself.

Bradford is the only QB tomorrow I DON'T have a GPP lineup for.

Not liking Boldin in 4 of my 6 lineups.

Stupid $100k NFL/NBA Survivor playing Thursday-only for the finals. I HATE small slates. Any suggestions for how to approach? Pays top 50%, starting at $4 (entry was $2), so simply hitting the 50/50 (so to speak) pays +100%. 
No real major strategy, but in this case if I just wanted to cash a 5050 this week, I'd be starting with Cousins, Bell, Elliott, Brown and Pitt.  Work your combos of the last 4 spots to what you like.

Personally trying to decide if I like Tate, Garcon, Rudolph, Prater OR Tate, Boldin, Witten, Bailey OR Crowder, Boldin, Rudolph, Bailey.

I retract my statement.....I have neither QB in the early game.
Probably the wise choice, I just figured they would be the low owned guys, so WTF for $1.  Tolzien is interesting, but I think he ends up throwing more picks than TDs, so I went with Bradford over him.  I guess I see more TD upside, less yds from Bradford, but more yds, less Tds from Tolzien.   It was more fun than I thought putting these LUs together, and probably have too many going now. 

Probably the wise choice, I just figured they would be the low owned guys, so WTF for $1.  Tolzien is interesting, but I think he ends up throwing more picks than TDs, so I went with Bradford over him.  I guess I see more TD upside, less yds from Bradford, but more yds, less Tds from Tolzien.   It was more fun than I thought putting these LUs together, and probably have too many going now. 
Tolzien is $5k--there are lots of scenarios where he gets to2x.

I put in a what the heck LU with Tolzien also. I could see a scenario where the Steelers can't stop Gore, and can't get out in front very far. Tolzien will be throwing a lot of short stuff/screens/etc. and they keep getting FG from Vinatieri. Maybe TY breaks one off for a long TD also. Could be 21-16 at half. By that time, Tolzien has probably reached value. Ben comes out the second half and throws a long bomb up to a double covered Brown and it gets picked. Gore pounds it back down to the other side of the field, another FG for Indy. Steelers turn back to Bell and move down the field, but can't get into the redzone, try a FG and miss. Indy can't do anything and punts. Ben gets pressured on second down and scrambles out and find Coates ( who is replacing Heyward-Bey) running behind the defense. He chucks it down the field and Coates drops it. ...........and the story continues.........

Users who are viewing this thread