What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official*** Broken Promises to the Trumpettes (1 Viewer)

beavers

Footballguy
Keep it short so we have an official list. There are several promises listed in this thread, but it's too soon to tell if the promise has been broken. Once it is, I'll add to the official list.

• 1. He will lock her up. He won't lock her up.
  • 2. Repeal Obama Care. Now, he's tweaking and renaming Trump Care.
  • 3. Drain the swamp. He's filling it with swampy people. TENTATIVE, TBD - we need to monitor this closely.
  • 4. The Wall will now be The Fence in certain locations along the border.
  • 5. Mexico will pay for the wall. Mexico won't pay for the wall. US will pay for the wall, and Mexico will pay back later. 
  • 6. Never will settle Trump U lawsuit. Settled lawsuit for $25 mil on Nov 18.
  • 7. Promised Term Limits for Congress. Mitch McConnell said No Thank you and Trump abandoned.
  • 8. Promised a blind trust. Trump kids will run trust, which is not a blind trust.
  • 9. Claims Elton John is performing at his inauguration. Elton won't perform
  • 10. Promised to release his tax returns after his audit. Now, since the election is over, he no longer plans to release them, since the only people who care is the media.
  • 11. Will divest his business by inauguration. 3 days post inauguration, no change.

Last edited by a moderator:
2. Repeal Obama Care. Now, he's tweaking and renaming Trump Care.

3. Drain the swamp. He's filling it with swampy people.

I love this schtick and I've heard it IRL. 

During the debate wasn't his point that she should be in jail? Did people really think HE would throw Hillary in jail? 

Promises not broken: 
• End Hillary Clinton's political career  :banned:

That alone is worth every vote that was cast for him... anything else is gravy.  :thumbup:  

I'm not sure we know enough yet to say that he's breaking his "drain the swamp" promise. 

He did say that once the lawsuit was over he'd be re-opening Trump University.   Seems doubtful.

I object to the name "Trumpette".  That was the name of my childhood dog, and she was a really good dog.  

I'm not sure we know enough yet to say that he's breaking his "drain the swamp" promise. 

He did say that once the lawsuit was over he'd be re-opening Trump University.   Seems doubtful.
So far, he's added some swampy people. It stays until he can prove otherwise.

Good point about Trump U. He said he never would settle, only to settle.

2. Repeal Obama Care. Now, he's tweaking and renaming Trump Care.

3. Drain the swamp. He's filling it with swampy people.
2) Again, it's negotiation. You have to see through the bluster.

I always thought he would soften a bit and keep pre-existing conditions because it's bipartisan and makes sense. It's a good thing that he can listen and make an informed decision. 

3) When you're the outsider, you need some people who know how to navigate the system. Would we all like everyone to be squeaky clean? Sure. 

Trump even said (I believe on 60 Minutes) that it can't be done overnight. It will take time to change the system of money and lobbyists. 

So far, he's added some swampy people. It stays until he can prove otherwise.

Good point about Trump U. He said he never would settle, only to settle.
I guess it depends on how you define "swampy."  I wouldn't characterize Bannon or Flynn to be the type of political insiders that Trump was referring to.

I am on board with making stuff great again, or in some cases, terrific. I hope he doesn't break those promises.
Yes, I'm fully on board with this. I hope he breaks every horrific promise. At the same time, many Trumpettes believed him and voted for him because of his promises, even though they were impossible.

I love this schtick and I've heard it IRL. 

During the debate wasn't his point that she should be in jail? Did people really think HE would throw Hillary in jail? 
No, of course not. They were peacefully chanting philosophically to lock her up, as in we should unchain ourselves from the material world of monetary gains and focus on bettering the planet.

(Hint: They were angry mobs that wanted him to lock her up.)

Other promises not broken: 
• Give butthurt people who have too much time on their hands something to occupy them with, via wringing and thread-starting, for the next 4 to 8 years.

I always thought he would soften a bit and keep pre-existing conditions because it's bipartisan and makes sense. It's a good thing that he can listen and make an informed decision. 

3) When you're the outsider, you need some people who know how to navigate the system. Would we all like everyone to be squeaky clean? Sure. 

Trump even said (I believe on 60 Minutes) that it can't be done overnight. It will take time to change the system of money and lobbyists. 
You think Trump is going to change the system of money and lobbyists?

Really?

I will put a TENTATIVE on #3. We will have to monitor it closely before reported as fact.

Yes, I'm fully on board with this. I hope he breaks every horrific promise. At the same time, many Trumpettes believed him and voted for him because of his promises, even though they were impossible.
Sign me up for the ##### grabbing as well.  

What about the deportations?  He hasn't always been consistent about his views but he seems to have backtracked from that. 
I didn't list deportations yet because I feel like we need to go with his recent stance. He promised at first, to ban all Muslims for example. But where did he stand at the last month or two before the election? I want this to be fair and balanced.

I tried to do that to my partner and she became very angry with me :(
I tried it on my girlfriend at a wedding once.  Somebody was giving a toast and we were on a crowded dance floor.  She was standing right behind me like hugging me.  My hands we right there in position (folded behind me in "at ease" stance).  Worked great.  Got blown on the way home.  

I didn't list deportations yet because I feel like we need to go with his recent stance. He promised at first, to ban all Muslims for example. But where did he stand at the last month or two before the election? I want this to be fair and balanced.
Yeah, that's going to be the challenge of this exercise.  His promises seem to change over time.

I'd add to the wall promise that "Mexico ain't paying for ####."

Yeah, that's going to be the challenge of this exercise.  His promises seem to change over time.

I'd add to the wall promise that "Mexico ain't paying for ####."
He used buzz words without presenting any real plan. So, we have to do our best and rely on what the Trumpettes have been told and what we've heard. And, I welcome Trumpette's to join and share a broken promise or two.  We could set parameters such as anything said during the primaries are out, anything after is fair game. We could add broken promises that were already broken before he won. Such as promising to jail women who had abortions only to say days later, to break that promise.

I tried it on my girlfriend at a wedding once.  Somebody was giving a toast and we were on a crowded dance floor.  She was standing right behind me like hugging me.  My hands we right there in position (folded behind me in "at ease" stance).  Worked great.  Got blown on the way home.  
Maybe I need lessons from a dude :bag:

Does he really know more than the generals?   Guess that is not a promise and more of a delusion. 

I'm not sure we can really say he is breaking any promises. Because we are supposed to take him seriously but not literally. So nothing he says is really real.

I mean, if you look at all of his public statements, he is both for and against every one of his own positions. So I guess you could expect a broken promise rate of exactly 50% no matter what.

You think Trump is going to change the system of money and lobbyists?

Really?
I don't know. But I'm interested to see what happens over time. What we know is that there was no hope for change to the status quo under Hillary.

If some progress is made that would be great. No doubt it's an uphill battle against all the cash. Heck, even people on internet message boards are already calling it impossible to improve the system. Seems a bit early to call that. 

Heck, even people on internet message boards are already calling it impossible to improve the system. Seems a bit early to call that. 
No, people are saying that Trump will not improve the system.  That's different from saying it's impossible.  I think Bernie could have made at least some headway.

I don't know. But I'm interested to see what happens over time. What we know is that there was no hope for change to the status quo under Hillary.
Yeah, this has nothing to do with HIllary.  ''She wouldn't have changed it!'' isn't really relevant.

I mean, what kind of power do people think the president has now?  

Better yet, WHAT do you think he is going to do to rid DC of lobbyists?  

Did he have any promises of a blind trust and now he's saying there's no conflict of interest because voters knew of his foreign businesses and still voted for him?

Users who are viewing this thread