What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

matchup stumper this week (1 Viewer)

nraloha

Footballguy
I am having a difficult time deciding this week based on matchups that are not looking as clear cut as usual.

My league starts 2 QB and i need to decide between Stafford and Winston as my second qb this week.

My league is PPR and i need to decide between starting frank gore or legarrette blount this week.

I have the following WRs Michael Thomas, Mike Wallace, TY Hilton, Jarvis Landry, and Tyrell WIlliams and i need to decide which one to bench.

Any and all thoughts and help is greatly appreciated. Most weeks things are usually a little more clear cut. But with Luck most likely being out i am concerned Gore will just be bottled up as the defense dares Scott Tolzien to throw. 

Let me know what you think

Usually I try to avoid the Thursday games and Detroit hosts Minnesota in the early game.   It should be a tough game, but Stafford has excelled on Thanksgiving games.  I would rather take Stafford at home against Minnesota than Winston against Seattle.

Your RB problem is tough.  Indy will be playing without Luck and I could see them relying upon Gore and giving him 25 touches.  Blount should have a tough matchup.  It depends if you want to have something to root for after eating on Thursday... or if you will not want to look at the score that Gore puts up for the next few days wondering what if I had waited for Blount...

I think Landry left the game last week injured... 

Good luck!

Thanks for your help...

I'm a Winston owner, and I like the way he's trending, but this week is a tough matchup. Stafford does excel on thanksgiving. I'd start Stafford. 

I'm with you on the worry about Gore. Look what Pittsburgh's iffy defense did against a Cleveland team with a solid RB and bad QB. I think they'll load up on Gore and force Tolzein to throw. I think Blount is a safer play.

You've got a good problem at WR. Although Hilton shouldn't produce at his normal level, I still can't bench him. Thomas is a boom/bust with the options Brees has, although he's probably the safest bet to produce. 

I'd sit Landry. Take away his TD last week, and there's not much ceiling there. I think they control the game on the ground, limiting Landry.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread