What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Malcolm Mitchell for Marvin Jones, WHIR (1 Viewer)

Phoenix212

Footballguy
Malcolm Mitchell is available as a FA in my league (18 teams, 0.5 ppr).  Do I drop Marvin Jones for him?  Marvin is my WR4 so he is on my bench unless atrocities befall TY, Fitz and Nuk.  I'm looking to determine who is the best upside option for the playoffs.

My team is listed below.  Thanks and WHIR!!

QB: Stafford, Kaepernick

WR: Hilton, Larry Fitz, DeAndre Hopkins, Marvin Jones

RB: D Johnson, L Miller, Dwayne Washington, Burkhead, Blue, Ellington, CJ2K

TE: Bennett

K: Santos

DST: Arizona

Last edited by a moderator:
Cut Chris Johnson for him... he's practically useless (I get the handcuff thing, but meh - he's on the IR and OOOOOLLLLLLLD - lol)

Cut Chris Johnson for him... he's practically useless (I get the handcuff thing, but meh - he's on the IR and OOOOOLLLLLLLD - lol)
I can understand your thought here but I'm holding CJ in case he is designated to return. Another owner would definitely grab him just to hurt my team, I play in an aggressive league.  Plus, if the worst was to happen to DJ, I need to ensure I have his handcuff.  Yes, Ellington currently is DJ's handcuff but that can quickly change once Arizona determines who is coming off of IR within the next week or so.

I'm in second place at 8-3 and making roster moves with an eye towards the playoffs right now.

it wouldn't hurt you if someone grabbed him - it would hurt THEM ;-) 

Anyway yes, get Mitchell. If you are set on Cutting Jones that's fine as well - I see that as an upgrade for sure

I do get the handcuff thing (I own DJ though and Cj2k AND Ellington too for that matter, is on our wire and I am not the slightest bit tempted to grab him, if DJ goes down there are better options on other teams to use in my mind - but of course that all depends on  the depth of your league... which I assume is very very thin on the WW)

You for sure can cut Jones.  There are several options out there that are definitely better.  

However, just note, there is only one Patriots wide receiver worth owning...and he's already taken.

Users who are viewing this thread